Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at my goal size!

So I'm at my goal size that I want to be. I don't want to loose anymore weight. I've lost about 33lbs since surgery (1/15/13) without exercising. Now my arms and thighs are flabby..any suggestions

Gym, Water, and Palmer's firming lotion...congrats on your weight loss!

congratulations on your weight loss!!! i am nine months out and down 75 pounds. i saw myself in a reflection today and did not recognize that it was me. what an experience! i am so grateful every day. would love tips for getting the flab to retract. like you said, if nothing else, one more surgery. :) congratulations again.

33 lbs.?? You had surgery and all you needed to lose was 33 lbs.?? I can just about lose that going to toilet. You obviously didn't qualify for insurance so you must really be a spoilt brat! Maybe you should have spent your money on a gym membership.

33 lbs.?? You had surgery and all you needed to lose was 33 lbs.?? I can just about lose that going to toilet. You obviously didn't qualify for insurance so you must really be a spoilt brat! Maybe you should have spent your money on a gym membership.

^^^^^WOW,,,,kinda judgmental. It's awesome the op has reached their goal. Maybe if some of us had gotten this surgery earlier we wouldn't be in the shape we are in now....we are all here for the same reason, right? Support.....

^^^^^WOW' date=',,,kinda judgmental. It's awesome the op has reached their goal. Maybe if some of us had gotten this surgery earlier we wouldn't be in the shape we are in now....we are all here for the same reason, right? Support.....[/quote']

Well said SunMoon!

To the OP congrats on reaching your goal weight! I bet you could find an awesome trainer to help you get firmed up:) Right now I use my husband but when I am at goal I plan to hire someone to help me get the look I am after. I also plan on getting a TT and BL for the sag that doesn't go away ...,

^^^^^WOW' date=',,,kinda judgmental. It's awesome the op has reached their goal. Maybe if some of us had gotten this surgery earlier we wouldn't be in the shape we are in now....we are all here for the same reason, right? Support.....[/quote']

Well, why not just give the surgery to everyone, then the whole world can be slim. This surgery isn't Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig! It's for extremely obese people. Not people who are just a little overweight. That's not judgmental, it's fact!

Well' date=' why not just give the surgery to everyone, then the whole world can be slim. This surgery isn't Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig! It's for extremely obese people. Not people who are just a little overweight. That's not judgmental, it's fact![/quote']

What's the old saying "Opinions are like a***oles,,,,we all have one." As I said this forum Is supposed to be for support. I can kinda see stating this if the OP was in the research phase, but she is not. She has already had her surgery and now needs the support the rest of us need. I don't see the use in downing her now. It's bad form. And not helpful. And makes other potential OP's keep their stories to them selves.

What's the old saying "Opinions are like a***oles' date=',,,we all have one." As I said this forum Is supposed to be for support. I can kinda see stating this if the OP was in the research phase, but she is not. She has already had her surgery and now needs the support the rest of us need. I don't see the use in downing her now. It's bad form. And not helpful. And makes other potential OP's keep their stories to them selves.[/quote']

Or maybe it makes other "spoiledbrats" think twice about having surgery. This isn't cosmetic surgery and should not be treated that way.

Or maybe it makes other "spoiledbrats" think twice about having surgery. This isn't cosmetic surgery and should not be treated that way.

It's definitely not cosmetic surgery....but we don't know everyone's mindsets. We aren't in there shoes. I wouldn't have the surgery myself for 30 some lbs, but that's me. I just want every potential poster whether in research phase or post op or veteran to know that we are here for them, because you know this not an easy road. I do believe tough love works at times, But you gotta pick your battles. The OP has had her surgery and deserves support even though some may not agree or understand. Just my opinion...but you know what they say about those....lol.....peace out!!!!

It's definitely not cosmetic surgery....but we don't know everyone's mindsets. We aren't in there shoes. I wouldn't have the surgery myself for 30 some lbs' date=' but that's me. I just want every potential poster whether in research phase or post op or veteran to know that we are here for them, because you know this not an easy road. I do believe tough love works at times, But you gotta pick your battles. The OP has had her surgery and deserves support even though some may not agree or understand. Just my opinion...but you know what they say about those....lol.....peace out!!!![/quote']

Well, sunmoonstars, peace out to you too man! Yeah cool space buddy, let's all float on the clouds where life is beautiful and pretend we are all movie stars. Or we could face reality and realize that this surgery is major and that people die having it.

Sometimes support is telling people that they don't need it! But, no, let's all just smoke what ever it is that you are and pretend that this is a miracle cure for everyone who has a couple of pounds to lose.

I wonder if anyone who is criticizing knows anything about this op other than the amount of weight she wanted to lose. Perhaps she is a revision or had commorbidities or like all of us has tried everything else. When I began this process I was not that overweight either but it was continuing to go up not down and I was borderline prediabetic. I watched diabetes ravage my mil until it killed her and it is doing the same thing to my dad. I wasn't going to sit around and wait for that to happen to me. Double masectomies are not considered preventative medicine either.generally but Jolie just reduced her risk of breast cancer by 80%! Kudos to this op for taking control of her health and her life.

I wonder if anyone who is criticizing knows anything about this op other than the amount of weight she wanted to lose. Perhaps she is a revision or had commorbidities or like all of us has tried everything else. When I began this process I was not that overweight either but it was continuing to go up not down and I was borderline prediabetic. I watched diabetes ravage my mil until it killed her and it is doing the same thing to my dad. I wasn't going to sit around and wait for that to happen to me. Double masectomies are not considered preventative medicine either.generally but Jolie just reduced her risk of breast cancer by 80%! Kudos to this op for taking control of her health and her life.

I have had this surgery, have you? And I knew it wouldn't be long before someone would quote Angelina Jolie, but that is a totally different situation and sad you couldn't be more intuitive.