Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

:thinkWell ITS BEEN almost 2 yrs since I was banded in TJ. I started out. I had a lot of ups and downs the first yr..then exactly 1 yr to the date I had a slip.. Had to pay for that one out of my pocket,,, as I was self paid for the org surg...3/29/06. Slip was fixed on 3/39/07...so lets see 8000 plus 5000 is 13000.. So now I have Tricare West approving lap band surg which they didnt when I had my org surg done.. Even so I didnt meet their requirements.. I was 32 BMI.. I was just tired of gaining 10 pds every yr.. LIKE alot of us.. Anyway I am a federal employee so I enrolled in a PPO BCBS for me only not my husband, now I have coverage for the band in case I have port problems or erosion or whatever else goes wrong,, BUt NOW I can get my fills and not have to pay for them.. and so started out at st 178 and I am holding at wt 129, but I am unfilled at this point and have gained 10pds in 5 months,, I was sick and was not keeping anything down so the Dr. unfilled me and kept me unfilled, which is ok but now I am ready for a small fill.

I had no idea that if your unfilled that the BAND CAN still give you some restriction.. Dr didnt tell me this,, but this group did..... SO I am ready to go into 2008 with a slight fill and hopefully have a good yr...

with the band.. This band is good for me and I dont want to ever loose it.

I have a goal weight of 125 that I want to maintain... I will have to see what this new yr brings me.. I love this group and hope to learn new things this coming yr from all of your posts.

3/29/06

178.125/129

slip fixed

3/29/07

Dr. Lopez Corvala

TJ

Diane in San Diego Happy New yr to alll:clap2::party::embarassed::notagree:rolleyes:rolleyes:

I am glad to hear you are maintaining!

Congrats!

How tall are you? I am 5'5 and my goal was and is 145.

I think I can stand to lose about 5 more though!

Welcome to our group!:clap2:

We also started a new thread for 2008!!!

Since you have been banded 2 years and are at goal, can you please share some words of wisdom, on the new thread link?

Thanks!!!:clap2:

To everyone who has been following my journey, I finally told my hubby!! First, I want to thank everyone on here for your support, you guys have been all I had for support. Here is how it went. I asked him what he would do if he had something to tell someone and he knew they would get really mad, how would he tell them. He said " I would just say it straight out" So, I then lifted up my shirt and showed him the incisions. He knew right away what I had done. He then said " I knew it, when you didn't answer you cell phone, I knew that is what you were doing." We then went out to dinner with some very close friends. He was quiet through the meal. When we came home, I jumped on the computer to finish up some work. He then went to bed without saying a word. I climbed into bed and snuggled around him and he pushed me away and told me not to touch him. I knew I was in for it then. I told him I was sorry for lying to him but I knew that he would not understand. It was a long night and neither of us slept. He said it was over and he was going to divorce me among a few other nasty things. I just slept it off and didn't say anything to him the next morning. he called me from work at noon to tell me he was going to close the shop early and come home. I asked him if we could go to lunch and pick up our new dishwasher. I let him know that the nanny was going to stay with the kids so we can talk. He said ok. I waited and waited and he didn't come home until 2:30. When he got home I grabbed him and made him go with me. We talked on the way to lunch. He had talked to his uncle, the two of them are very close. His uncle basically told him that this was not worth throwing our marriage away, and that we have a great life together. (thank god!!!) At lunch, I explained a little more about the band and how it works. I really talked to him about why I felt that I couldn't tell him. I also reminded him of all I have given up to be in California with him and that I have given him 2 great kids and a happy home. I told him that for the last 7 years I have let myself go and I do everything for him and our sons. I reminded him of the long nights with our sons that I stayed up and took care of them, all of the house work I do, working 40-50 hours a week on top of it all and stepping up and taking care of the lawns when he has to work over, etc. Then, I hit him with the fact that in 7 years, I have never done anything big just for me, no one else, just me. I think he saw the light and realized how selfless that I am and it is okay to be a little selfish now and again. I told him how I support his boat racing even though I know that everytime he gets in his boat it could be the last time I kiss him or tell him I love him. I stood behind him when he crashed and took out a 2nd on our house to re build the boat again. And I will stand behind him again if that is what it takes. I truely know that his boat is his passion and I would never take that away from him. Over the years, his boat has kind of became my passion. To make a long story short, we kissed and made up and I assured him that if I need a Tummy Tuck when this is all over that he will know about it and I will not sneak behind his back again.

I think this has made us stronger. I feel great and am looking a lot better, it felt so good to actually lose weight over the holidays, i am down to 173 (in the morning anyway) and that is sooooo awesome.

Again, thank you to everyone for all of your support with my drama over the last month. And thank all of you in advance for the future support I know I will get. Good luck to all in 2008

After 30 years of losing and gaining back weight, I decided to make a permanent change. I started the lap band pre- certification process at 235 lbs, at 5"4 in January 2007. I am currently 203 with my 2nd surgeon appointment looming tomorrow. On 10/2/07, he told me to take a few months to see if I could lose more weight on my own and may-be I wouldn't need the surgery. I was stunned---I wouldn't be there if I could lose the weight on my own and most importantly--keep it off! I am afraid he is going to tell me I don't weigh enough to qualify. Wish me luck---

best wishes for your next appointment!!! i love when they ask you to lose it on your own. . .as though you've never would of thought of that:-))

you will make it! it took me a year but i finally got my band. keep your chin up!

Hi,

my BMI was 45 when I got banded on May 29,2007, I was 246 lbs. I'm not sure if thats considered low BMI or not. I have lost 40 lbs. Unfortunately I have been stuck at a 40lb weight loss for 3 wks. and although I feel like I can hardly eat much I am not loosing at all. Is this common? This may be a dumb question but how do u know if your band is too tight?

Thanks,

Stephany

You will know your band is too tight if you get a lot of heart burn

If you can't eat solid food without throwing up or what they call

a pb productive burp. If you chew your food well, and still throw up, you're too tight.

Everyone needs to start posting on the lower bmi for 2008 thread. We shouldn't keep two lower bmi threads going.

AudricIan -

I have been following your journey and I am glad that you finally told your husband. I'm sorry that you had to go through a stressful night/half a day - but I am glad that you two were able to come to an understanding. Who knows? This could make your marriage even stronger! I'm glad you are doing well!

I had my surgery yesterday a.m. Was at the surgery center at 6 a.m. and back at my home at 10:30 a.m. My DH is my only support - I haven't told anyone else - and don't plan to. I lost 7 pounds on my pre-surgery diet and I haven't weighed since I've been home. I am having trouble getting all my Water in and can only eat very, very small amounts of Jello and clear broth. Later today I may try a sf popsicle and see how that goes.

My son's 7th birthday party is Saturday - so I have to be able to "put on a happy face" in front of friends and family! Don't want curious looks or questions! Gonna try to take it easy til then.

If anyone says anything I would tell them you stomach is a little upset and that is the truth and everyone will understand.

AudricIan -

I have been following your journey and I am glad that you finally told your husband. I'm sorry that you had to go through a stressful night/half a day - but I am glad that you two were able to come to an understanding. Who knows? This could make your marriage even stronger! I'm glad you are doing well!

I had my surgery yesterday a.m. Was at the surgery center at 6 a.m. and back at my home at 10:30 a.m. My DH is my only support - I haven't told anyone else - and don't plan to. I lost 7 pounds on my pre-surgery diet and I haven't weighed since I've been home. I am having trouble getting all my Water in and can only eat very, very small amounts of Jello and clear broth. Later today I may try a sf popsicle and see how that goes.

My son's 7th birthday party is Saturday - so I have to be able to "put on a happy face" in front of friends and family! Don't want curious looks or questions! Gonna try to take it easy til then.

Please move your posts to the new 2008 lower BMi thread.

I would like to know where I can buy Quickslim30 can I buy it at the store in hacienda height or do I need to order off the internet I called the store and left a message I have not hear anything.