Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hey All,

Well, I'm down two more lbs! I'm very excited. I have lost 10 lbs since my last fill on 12/16. That is 10 lbs in 7 weeks. A little over 1 lb a week. For me that is GREAT!

Congrats Audree on being down another 3.5 lbs. Your BMI is now lower than mine. You go, girl! YOur going to leave me in your dust!

I went and got my hair cut today plus ran around town getting my son new boots for his welding class. I also bought myself a new pair of shoes. I'm not really a shoe person, but I needs something besides my workout shoes to run around town in.

My DD and I are going shopping tomorrow. I'm hoping to find a couple more inexpensive pairs of work pants.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Congrats!!!! I am going for my fill Feb. 17th. I am able to eat more now, but the South Beach is keeping me in check.

I have not been able to get on the boards much for the last couple of days. I hope everyone is well!!!

Hello everyone:

Just thought I'd share something with everyone.

I needed some hangers - and my first thought was to go to Walmart and buy some. But I looked in my closet and saw all my jeans hanging that I wasn't wearing. So I cleared my bed and started taking them down. I put them in order by size. DH walks in and asked me what I was doing. I started to tell him. He asked what size are those, I sighed and said 6's - he said what size are those - pointing at the stack on the end - I said 16/18. I put them in order (from biggest to smallest) and put them in a container - After I get banded - as I start to loose weight - I will go to the container and just pull out the next lowest size and get rid of the ones I can't wear.

Stay encouraged you guys/gals.

BTW - Insurance has paperwork and I'm just pending approval now. Pray for me!!

Hello everyone:

Just thought I'd share something with everyone.

I needed some hangers - and my first thought was to go to Walmart and buy some. But I looked in my closet and saw all my jeans hanging that I wasn't wearing. So I cleared my bed and started taking them down. I put them in order by size. DH walks in and asked me what I was doing. I started to tell him. He asked what size are those, I sighed and said 6's - he said what size are those - pointing at the stack on the end - I said 16/18. I put them in order (from biggest to smallest) and put them in a container - After I get banded - as I start to loose weight - I will go to the container and just pull out the next lowest size and get rid of the ones I can't wear.

Stay encouraged you guys/gals.

BTW - Insurance has paperwork and I'm just pending approval now. Pray for me!!

That's cool! I wish I had pants. I would always give mine away!!

I had a pretty neat experience today too. My sister had a retirement party and I put on a snug, but stretchy pair of jeans that are one size down from pre-band. I then dug out a top that I wore a year ago. At the party my daughter (doesn't know about my surgery) said Mom, you look like you have lost weight. Then she said, no I think it is because those clothes fit you bigger. You look better in fitted clothes rther than those big tops you have been hiding in. Anyway, you look nice today.

I just said thank you while chuckling silently to myself. I've decided that if the time comes when they (daughters and close family) ask how I am losing weight I will tell them. But not before.

At the luncheon, I ate some grilled red fish. Out of 20 people there my entree was served last after some people had finished their food. I ate a small amount, and then asked for a to go bag. No one noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this. I was thrilled.

Terry

I had a pretty neat experience today too. My sister had a retirement party and I put on a snug, but stretchy pair of jeans that are one size down from pre-band. I then dug out a top that I wore a year ago. At the party my daughter (doesn't know about my surgery) said Mom, you look like you have lost weight. Then she said, no I think it is because those clothes fit you bigger. You look better in fitted clothes rther than those big tops you have been hiding in. Anyway, you look nice today.

I just said thank you while chuckling silently to myself. I've decided that if the time comes when they (daughters and close family) ask how I am losing weight I will tell them. But not before.

At the luncheon, I ate some grilled red fish. Out of 20 people there my entree was served last after some people had finished their food. I ate a small amount, and then asked for a to go bag. No one noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this. I was thrilled.

Terry

It feels really good when people notice. I would think people would really notice 20 pounds but I haven't had many remarks. Maybe at 30 pounds loss??

I dident see much of a change in my weight untill the 3rd fill, my bmi was a 39 and i have only lost 18 -20 pounds. It see really hard to get under that 200 mark everyone. my ultimate goal is 120 -130 and i hope i will get there alittle faster than the rate i going now. RJB:eek: :confused: :biggrin1:

Tulip,

That is great! It is really exciting when people notice and when your clothes fit better too!

Audree,

I have to lose about 25lbs before people notice much. But it seems once one person notices, then a ton of people will start to notice. Kinda weird in a way how it must be that all of a sudden one day you just look a whole lot smaller to people. I am sure you are not far off!

Alright guys,

I am excited because I just got asked by a friend to be on an Adventure Race team. Basically it is when a group of 2-4 people go out and they dump you in the woods and you have to canoe/mountain bike/trail run out of there with a compass. This race is 25-30 miles long and should take 3-6 hours. I am sure with me on the team it will be 6 hours. There always has to be at least 1 girl on the team and I am it.

I am very excited about it!

I am meeting my team today and we are going on a short mountain bike and then a trail run as practice. I am kind of nervous because I am really slow. The good news for me is that it is apparently really hard to find a girl to be on the teams so they are really excited that I want to do it.

Wow Susan,

that is really exciting! Where do you live that you have all these exciting things to do. Or maybe it is the people you hang with. I have never even heard of this before. It sounds like great fun.

Audree, I don't think anyone really said anything to me until I had lost over 20 lbs. I wonder if it isn't noticable or if it is because we lose weight then gain then lose and people don't really want to call attention to it if it is going to come right back on? I know i would hate it if anyone said, "Jane, wow, looks like you've put on a few lbs!" so maybe they wait, I don't know. Also, I just found out a co worker has lost 30 lbs and I couldn't tell, not that she is even that big. She probably only needs to lose another 15 lbs or so.

It could also have to do with the clothing we wear. When I'm heavier, I wear bigger clothes, now my clothes fit me better, so it probably looks like I've lost even more than I have.

Alright guys,

I am excited because I just got asked by a friend to be on an Adventure Race team. Basically it is when a group of 2-4 people go out and they dump you in the woods and you have to canoe/mountain bike/trail run out of there with a compass. This race is 25-30 miles long and should take 3-6 hours. I am sure with me on the team it will be 6 hours. There always has to be at least 1 girl on the team and I am it.

I am very excited about it!

I am meeting my team today and we are going on a short mountain bike and then a trail run as practice. I am kind of nervous because I am really slow. The good news for me is that it is apparently really hard to find a girl to be on the teams so they are really excited that I want to do it.

How exciting, Susan. That is too cool!!!!!!!

Tulip,

That is great! It is really exciting when people notice and when your clothes fit better too!

Audree,

I have to lose about 25lbs before people notice much. But it seems once one person notices, then a ton of people will start to notice. Kinda weird in a way how it must be that all of a sudden one day you just look a whole lot smaller to people. I am sure you are not far off!

I know my clothes feel better and my daughters teacher said my shirt looked really nice on me, I wear it ofter, but she was looking at me like she was trying to see what was different about me.

I did have a NSV today! I wore my size 12 slacks and they felt very comfortable, not snug at all.

I am feeling more hungry and can tell my restriction is pretty much gone. If it wasn't for South Beach, I think I'd be in trouble!!!:faint:

I feel like I am eating a little too well, but it is all on plan, so I will know for sure when I weigh in.

You're doing great Audree. When do you go for your first fill?

I cleaned out my closet the other day and donated 6 bags of old clothes. I've gone from 10/12 to 3/4!! I am almost to goal but I've been stuck for about 3 months. I need a kick in the ass but it gets really hard when you get close and everyone is telling you look so good.

Well, today wasn't my best day as far as watching what I was eating. I have almost no restriction now, and go for my first fill on Feb 12. Today was a Superbowl party, with lots of Snacks, food and deserts. I stuck to refried Beans with a little cheese on top for appetizer (licked it off a tortilla chip). Entree was fajitas and I ate the chicken meat and some more beans. Then disaster with the deserts! A tray of different cheesecakes, chocolate cake, Italian cream cake, and oreo cheesecake. I had one bite of each. Yikes! This isn't why I had surgery.

On a positive note - I did go to the gym and walked on treadmill and used weight machines. I'm afriad to weigh tomorrow.

Good nite,

Terry

Wow Laura, a 3/4? How tall are you? I am 5'2" and trying to get to a size 5, I have NEVER been a size 3/4. What are you weighing? If you don't mind me asking. I would love to be a 5 but a 3 would be awesome, I'm not sure I could keep going if I was in a 3.

Today my daughter and I went shopping. She made me try on things I never would have before. I got a new shirt that is a small! I'm looking forward to wearing it.

I had a fun day with my little girl (she is 21). We went and saw "because I said so" I loved it. If you have older daughters it totally is awesome. I never would have watched it with my hubby, but going to it with my daughter was great.

I got a few new pairs of pants to wear to work, so I'm set for a little while. I love Burlington Coat Factory. I can get some nice things without paying the price. I have to admit that I am a really tight wad. So, that place is perfect for me.!

Anyhow, it is about time for me to hit the hay. 5 am comes really early. To all of you who thing about going to workout early, and are putting it off, I totally recommend it. I am not a morning person, but this has been the BEST thing that I have done, besides the lapband surgery to begin with.