Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Randi,

I read the thread and there were a couple of really good ideas I liked.

The first one was put $1 in a jar for every day you work out, and $1 in the jar for every day you do good on your diet and $5 for every pound you lose.

Then as you go through your weight loss, you can reward yourself pretty nicely every 10 lbs, or have a great reward at the end! I am getting my jar out now.

Here's a thread with some goal ideas in it: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/do-you-have-t20217.html

Audree,

Honestly I can't answer you about the restriction, you are feeling it way longer than I did,

I don't eat soy, or veggie stuff, so I can't answer you on that. Just make sure what ever you eat isn't dry. that makes it tough.

What kind of sauces do you use on the chicken or meat to help it go down? Do you mean like ketchup, BBQ Sauce, ranch dressing type sauces?

I am feeling much better after my PB this morning.

I have decided that I am going to keep a plastic bag in my car for a while, just in case. I have also decided that I am not going to eat in the car since when I am in the car I am on the go and I am often trying to hurry so I can concentrate on driving.

Thanks again guys for the support this morning, it really helped.

I am feeling much better after my PB this morning.

I have decided that I am going to keep a plastic bag in my car for a while, just in case. I have also decided that I am not going to eat in the car since when I am in the car I am on the go and I am often trying to hurry so I can concentrate on driving.

Thanks again guys for the support this morning, it really helped.

I am glad you are feeling better Susan. I am so afraid of PBing. I start on solids on Saturday and I am kinds scared. I don't know what to start with. Someone suggested eggs and cottage cheese to make sure I can get solids down.

Do you start solids on Saturday too?

Audree, I can say that the fear of PBing is well-founded, cuz it sucked. Of course, I have been tempting fate for this whole week I think.

I can eat anything as of Saturday, according to my diet plan.

My surgeon says I can get a fill as of 6 weeks, but I should wait until I hit a weight loss plateau first. I have started to lose, and am down 9 lbs again.

Right now I would say I have a lot less restriction than what my final expectation is. I am eager and anxious to have that restriction feeling like I felt the first week after surgery.

On the other hand, I am still losing weight so why rush it. I think I am eating a lot less than I was before. I would say right now I still have to try in order to ensure I don't overeat. It would definitely be possible for me to overeat how I feel now. But, if I eat a normal amount, I am satisfied and not starving. It is like trying and succeeding on a diet without being really miserable, which is a new experience.

Secretly, I don't really want to have to try. I want to just not have to think about it. I am not sure that is really a realistic expectation.

Susan,

I feel the same way, I (as probably many of us) am and have been for a long time addicted to food. It is hard to get your head around the idea that you will be satisfied with 1/4 of the amount that you used to eat. I think it will come with time and of course we will all (O.K most) mess up along the way, but now when we mess up it just isn't a nother pound or 2 it HURTS! I think in time we really won't have to put as much thought into it, it will be second nature.

I for one didn't want to have to be on once again another Diet, I have been down that road SO many times, I truly am changing the way I eat, if not always the right choices at least it will be in very small amounts.

I also just bought a podometer so I can try and reach 10000 steps each day. It's actually been eye opening to see how many steps my normal day is lacking! and has pushed me, I am not a big exercise person but hoping this will get me moving.

Good luck,

Sara

You know in school you have your different teachers that teach you your different subjects. Well I feel like I have a lot of teachers all over again.

I don't mind coming to my Lap Band class. I learn so much.:(

I like the idea of the $5 per pound, but I think I'm going to make a modification. I will have DH deposit $1 per pound and then when I reach goal I will go shopping!!!:clap2: :clap2:

I am making a chart with the goals along with the rewards so I can have a visual. I want them to be visual so I will always look at them and know what I'm working for.

I think I will incorporate a dance night and bowling night as one of my excercise days. This would be great for DH and I (dancing) and bowling for the whole family. Those are great ways to excercise w/o feeling like you are excercising.

The massage also sounds great. That would be great for a close to goal reward. I think I can add facial in there with that. Maybe go to one of those Spa places. Never really looked into the Spa thing - never felt "pretty" enough to go. But look out Spa's here I come!!!

Thank you guys so much for your help and I will post a pic of the poster once I get it done.

Thanks also for the thread with the additional info!!

I'm off today 1/24 so I'll be in here all day!!!:D

i heard back from the doctor's office... she gave me a list of available days!!!! now all i have to do is PICK ONE!!! :clap2:

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Jelustwu

I'm still in Pre-Pre OP. I have my consultation on tomorrow. Then I would just need to get the insurance approval or the Plastic comes out, either way it's getting done. I just would prefer insurance to pay.

I went to the Thread for the final "GOAL", but I think I should be rewarded for every 10 pounds I loose.

I stopped getting my hair done - just pulling it in a ponytail. I stopped get my nails & toes done. I have only bought bigger clothes so I have tons of clothes the size that I was (and trying to get back to). So I figured clothes wouldn't be much of a reward.

I'm going to change my signature to reflect my goals and updated information. I have time ALONE - no kids no husband - It's just me and the 3 four legged kids.

My BMI was 33 though I had other things also (hypertension, sleep apen ia,) I was banded 11/2/06 and have only lost about 8 lbs. I just had my first fill so we'll see I too am struggling with exercising because of the cold weather and distance from Gym but am working on my treadmill and rebounder.

Audree, I can say that the fear of PBing is well-founded, cuz it sucked. Of course, I have been tempting fate for this whole week I think.

I can eat anything as of Saturday, according to my diet plan.

My surgeon says I can get a fill as of 6 weeks, but I should wait until I hit a weight loss plateau first. I have started to lose, and am down 9 lbs again.

Right now I would say I have a lot less restriction than what my final expectation is. I am eager and anxious to have that restriction feeling like I felt the first week after surgery.

On the other hand, I am still losing weight so why rush it. I think I am eating a lot less than I was before. I would say right now I still have to try in order to ensure I don't overeat. It would definitely be possible for me to overeat how I feel now. But, if I eat a normal amount, I am satisfied and not starving. It is like trying and succeeding on a diet without being really miserable, which is a new experience.

Secretly, I don't really want to have to try. I want to just not have to think about it. I am not sure that is really a realistic expectation.

I can start solids on Saturday too!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I am going to start South Beach that day. I also made my 6 week fill appointment for Feb. 17th.

I am not feeling restrictioin when I drink or eat but am making myself keep the same portion as if I was, at 1 cup. I also am taking my appetite suppresant, for now!!!

Daizee, the treadmill is a great workout if you work up to a good pace. And since your BMI isn't high, 8 pounds is great. It will help when you get good restriction.

Bikergirl, I hope your insurance pulls through for you. Self paying sucks, but it is sooooo worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.