Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I'm sorry that you're feeling hungry and can't seem to get satisfied. In the beginning that liquid/mushy phase is hard. Just try to power through it as best you can.

One thought crossed my mind though, when you said you went to Taco Bell for a bean burrito. Although a bean burrito is probably one of the "smarter" things on the menu, it's still fast food, still not healthy for you. Next time maybe you could try making a bean burrito at home? Just a friendly suggestion!

Mine is Antonio "Band"eras. I think it must be a guy for all the hell it's given me. It has also given me it's share of pleasure though considering the weight loss.

That is funny!!!:scared:

Audree,

I totally understand about not weighing yourself and being worried about what the scale says. I know that I haven't been on it this week because I know I am getting heavier stuff in and I don't think I am going to be losing a 8 lbs or whatever I did the first week.

I am actually worried when I start eating soft foods and then regular food before I get a fill that I am going to pig out and eat a ton and gain 1000 lbs after being on a liquid diet. I just think of Oprah's liquid diet debacle years ago.... and shudder.

Yeah, I know how you feel!!! I have heard that when people add solids/mushies, they gain so I just don't want to put myself through that. I think I will weigh myself after I add my solids in 10 days. I feel thinner so I know I have lost. I also didn't lose any weight pre op ,, like most. The good thing too is that we only have to weight 3 more weeks before a fill so how much can we really gain in 3 weeks???

I also have a bottle of appetite suppresants just in case. I have not needed them yet. As long as I get my Fluid intake in, my appetite stays in control.

Did you sip on liquids all day? I find if I do, I don't get hungry. I don't get solid/mushy foods till day 22, 10 days to go!

My doc won't do a fill until 6 weeks. I have appetite suppresants just in case. They are natural yet do the job. I haven't needed them yet though.

I am feeling great!

I still have restriction to the point where I could only get in about 3-4 ounces of my Myoplex Protein Shake.

I am now sipping on my Crystal Light Orange Sunrise and it is GOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!! I am loving it!!!!!

I took my liquid vitamins, Glacial Milk.

I am going to get some form of exercise today. I want to start off with good habits especially since I feel so good.

How are you all doing???

I'll take Bandrea

Tonia, that is cute, "Bandrea".

I considered calling her "Hope" since she really give me hope, but I had already named her "Bandina" so I decided not to change it.

I know I am silly, but but she is such a big part of my life now. I feel like I owe her that much.

Audree,

Which flavor of the Glacial Milk do you have? The citrus or black cherry?

HI lower BMI Bandsters. I was banded 12/5/06 by Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico. I go for my first fill this weekend back in Monterrey. I am 5'2" and weighed 192#, currently 1 weigh 185#. When I was finally able to start on solids after the mushy phase, got full on two bites of food. Still am having some tightness in my throat with some of the meats if I don't chew really really well, even without a fill. When I was in Monterrey before my surgery there were other preops there who questioned my getting a band. They said things like you don't look like you need to lose that much weight! Well, I like some of you have tried diet after diet, you all know the story, and I have a family history of MO, so I want to nip this in the bud before it gets totally out of hand. Audree, thanks for starting this thread for the lower BMIs.

Audree,

Which flavor of the Glacial Milk do you have? The citrus or black cherry?

I have the citrus. It is not the best tasting thing in the world, but it is not the worst. It is good stuff though!

HI lower BMI Bandsters. I was banded 12/5/06 by Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico. I go for my first fill this weekend back in Monterrey. I am 5'2" and weighed 192#, currently 1 weigh 185#. When I was finally able to start on solids after the mushy phase, got full on two bites of food. Still am having some tightness in my throat with some of the meats if I don't chew really really well, even without a fill. When I was in Monterrey before my surgery there were other preops there who questioned my getting a band. They said things like you don't look like you need to lose that much weight! Well, I like some of you have tried diet after diet, you all know the story, and I have a family history of MO, so I want to nip this in the bud before it gets totally out of hand. Audree, thanks for starting this thread for the lower BMIs.

You and I sound exactl the same!!!! I also did it for the same reasons, to catch myself before I gained more weight. And my family has a lot of health problems. Let's talk. Tell me about yourself.

I got this from my bandsters email.

"question:

Has anyone been told by their Doctor or nutritionist to stop eating

after a half an hour- I just saw a post that someone was

told to stop eating after a half an hour - Has anyone else heard this?

- I thought the 20 minute rule was a minimum so that your head(NOW HANDS) and stomach get signals and hormones are cued? _I'm really trying to dine instead of just eating

and that takes a lot longer"

answer:"After 20-30 minutes, your food will be dropping out of the pouch into the larger stomach. If you continue eating past 30 minutes, you are

just replacing what's already passed through, defeating your purpose. "

"I've been told to stop eating after 20 minutes. I have gotten into

the habit that when I sit down with my meal, as I chew the first bite

or 2 I continue cutting up my 'protein' so that I save a little time

during eating.

Jessie told me that if we take longer than about 20 mins the food

starts to move down the band and the pouch isnt staying full. I told

her that it was taking me longer to 'eat my whole meal' and she

suggested that in the 20 mins I was getting 'enough'. So now I stop

eating at 20 mins no matter how much I've eaten. If I get hungry a

little later I have a bit more :)"

"The logic is sound. When you eat, the food is constantly going through

the stoma to the lower stomach. If you continue to eat for unlimited

amounts of time you will be eating and emptying the pouch and therefore

will be eating more than your pouch was designed to hold. If I feel

full, and wait a few minutes I could continue to eat. Kind of like

shampooing your hair, shampoor, rinse, repeat. I eat,get full, wait,

and repeat. Using this method you could eat much more than bandster

portions. Take it from me, I do it often."

Have any of you heard this?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I got this from my bandsters email.

"question:

Has anyone been told by their Doctor or nutritionist to stop eating

after a half an hour- I just saw a post that someone was

told to stop eating after a half an hour - Has anyone else heard this?

- I thought the 20 minute rule was a minimum so that your head(NOW HANDS) and stomach get signals and hormones are cued? _I'm really trying to dine instead of just eating

and that takes a lot longer"

answer:"After 20-30 minutes, your food will be dropping out of the pouch into the larger stomach. If you continue eating past 30 minutes, you are

just replacing what's already passed through, defeating your purpose. "

"I've been told to stop eating after 20 minutes. I have gotten into

the habit that when I sit down with my meal, as I chew the first bite

or 2 I continue cutting up my 'protein' so that I save a little time

during eating.

Jessie told me that if we take longer than about 20 mins the food

starts to move down the band and the pouch isnt staying full. I told

her that it was taking me longer to 'eat my whole meal' and she

suggested that in the 20 mins I was getting 'enough'. So now I stop

eating at 20 mins no matter how much I've eaten. If I get hungry a

little later I have a bit more :)"

"The logic is sound. When you eat, the food is constantly going through

the stoma to the lower stomach. If you continue to eat for unlimited

amounts of time you will be eating and emptying the pouch and therefore

will be eating more than your pouch was designed to hold. If I feel

full, and wait a few minutes I could continue to eat. Kind of like

shampooing your hair, shampoor, rinse, repeat. I eat,get full, wait,

and repeat. Using this method you could eat much more than bandster

portions. Take it from me, I do it often."

Have any of you heard this?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I was told by my doctot to be done eating within that half and hour then in 45min I could drink. After I drink I really feel full. This is my last post for awhile. I am leaving for my hysto at 5am.

Bye Guy,

Good Luck.

Madden

Hi everybody!

I have been trying to think of a good name for my band. I can't think of one.

I have been worrying too that once I move on to mushies that I will stop losing. I am perfectly happy on liquids now. I have gotten so used to them, it's kind of nice. I never have to think of what to buy or what to cook. I am never hungry. I can't remember who said it, but I am sure they are right. It was about the Atkins diet and being in Ketosis. I know from my many trys on Atkins, that as soon as I start eating carbs, that's when I start craving sweets and feeling hungry.

I am 5'2'' too. and had a lot of people tell me I wasn't fat enough to have a lap band. In fact, the nurse a few minutes before surgery told me that. We know ourselves so well, and I know I was headed in the wrong direction. It was getting really hard to not gain a couple of pounds every week. I have been exercising for almost 3 years almost every day and it was really frustrating to do an hour of cardio every day and never lose one pound, but instead gain a couple pounds every weekend.

It's kind scary to think about getting the fills right. I was at the support group last night and a lady there couldn't even drink Water. She said she was PBing all the time. I simply can not afford to have any problems with band slippage, etc. $10,000 was enough money to put out. I want to follow the rules and be a success story. I've lost 14 lbs now and it will be 3 weeks this friday.

I think even after I move to mushies, I will just have a mushy dinner. It is sometimes hard to get the Water in, since we are supposed to wait an hour to drink. I usually drink a bunch as soon as I get up because I don't feel like anything else until mid morning.

Audree , you should really be proud of yourself for doing such a good job of staying off the scale!!!:D:clap2::cool::)

I am so glad all of you are here!!:biggrin1: