Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

If you are going to call newbie post ops stupid (which I don't think is necessarily good), at least do it in the vet forum where they cannot unload on you. Lol.

If you are going to call newbie post ops stupid (which I don't think is necessarily good)' date=' at least do it in the vet forum where they cannot unload on you. Lol.[/quote']

Post op newbie???

No...stupid is stupid! pre op, post op, no op...

Baaahaha at stoopy store!

The favorite comment from my youth in Iowa...

Picture it: an impressionable boy is distrurbed by the Cuban missle crisis. President Kennedy is demanding Kruschev remove the missles from Cuba. My parents were certain that some were aimed at the John Deere tractor factory in nearby Waterloo. Ed Sullivan had shown the now famous video of what a nuclear blast looks like from the inside, the buildings flying into nothingness, 1000 mph winds. The nighmares were frequent.

My school staged nuclear war drills. We were instructed to get under our little desks and cover our heads. No, we didn't have lead desks.

Then came my favorite stupidism: "If you see a bright flash don't look at it!"

Although Iowa was rated near the top in education quality of all the states at the time, I was instilled with the unshakeable feeling that my instructors were morons. I guess fear can bring on futile gestures, "Do something, even if it does nothing."

So, I'm going to have this surgery in a couple of months. Can I go out for my birthday dinner at John Howie Steakhouse three days after the surgery? I'm going to have the Porterhouse for Two by myself, and I want one of the flaming desserts... Cherries Jubilee or Bananas Foster - I can't decide which yet. Oh, yes, and the tempura bacon for my appetizer, please. That will be okay, right? I'll chew it up really well!

The favorite comment from my youth in Iowa...

Picture it: an impressionable boy is distrurbed by the Cuban missle crisis. President Kennedy is demanding Kruschev remove the missles from Cuba. My parents were certain that some were aimed at the John Deere tractor factory in nearby Waterloo. Ed Sullivan had shown the now famous video of what a nuclear blast looks like from the inside, the buildings flying into nothingness, 1000 mph winds. The nighmares were frequent.

My school staged nuclear war drills. We were instructed to get under our little desks and cover our heads. No, we didn't have lead desks.

Then came my favorite stupidism: "If you see a bright flash don't look at it!"

Although Iowa was rated near the top in education quality of all the states at the time, I was instilled with the unshakeable feeling that my instructors were morons. I guess fear can bring on futile gestures, "Do something, even if it does nothing."

Wow...what a coincidence...I had the same teachers in Maryland!

So, I'm going to have this surgery in a couple of months. Can I go out for my birthday dinner at John Howie Steakhouse three days after the surgery? I'm going to have the Porterhouse for Two by myself, and I want one of the flaming desserts... Cherries Jubilee or Bananas Foster - I can't decide which yet. Oh, yes, and the tempura bacon for my appetizer, please. That will be okay, right? I'll chew it up really well!

So, no kidding. My pre-op nutrition class left me wanting to stab my eyes out to get away from the stupidity. It was four hours of torture. One chick stood up and asked if it was going to be a problem if she went to her BFF's bacherlorette party five days after surgery. After all, they had a reservation at a Brazilian Steak House (if you aren't familiar, it's about $35 per person and it's all you can eat meat -- about 10 varieties -- they walk around with hunks of grilled meat on swords and saw it off onto your plate at your table). They then had plans to go drinking and dancing. She was very clear that she was "not going to let this surgery get in the way of her social life".

:huh:

So' date=' no kidding. My pre-op nutrition class left me wanting to stab my eyes out to get away from the stupidity. It was four hours of torture. One chick stood up and asked if it was going to be a problem if she went to her BFF's bacherlorette party five days after surgery. After all, they had a reservation at a Brazilian Steak House (if you aren't familiar, it's about 35 per person and it's all you can eat meat -- about 10 varieties -- they walk around with hunks of grilled meat on swords and saw it off onto your plate at your table). They then had plans to go drinking and dancing. She was very clear that she was "not going to let this surgery get in the way of her social life".

:huh:[/quote']

Wow, this one tops the list!

So' date=' no kidding. My pre-op nutrition class left me wanting to stab my eyes out to get away from the stupidity. It was four hours of torture. One chick stood up and asked if it was going to be a problem if she went to her BFF's bacherlorette party five days after surgery. After all, they had a reservation at a Brazilian Steak House (if you aren't familiar, it's about 35 per person and it's all you can eat meat -- about 10 varieties -- they walk around with hunks of grilled meat on swords and saw it off onto your plate at your table). They then had plans to go drinking and dancing. She was very clear that she was "not going to let this surgery get in the way of her social life".

:huh:[/quote']

I would have busted out laughing. They would've kicked me out. Lmao that's some funny stuff.

So, I'm going to have this surgery in a couple of months. Can I go out for my birthday dinner at John Howie Steakhouse three days after the surgery? I'm going to have the Porterhouse for Two by myself, and I want one of the flaming Desserts... Cherries Jubilee or Bananas Foster - I can't decide which yet. Oh, yes, and the tempura bacon for my appetizer, please. That will be okay, right? I'll chew it up really well!

Yes you go right ahead. I mean after all you shouldn't deny yourself right? Tomorrow is another day, so just go do it and move on right? We are here to support you right, we want you to feel good about yourself. It doesn't matter how unhealthy all that is. We are not here to be on a diet and I would feel left out if all my friends got to eat and I just had to sit there. I'm sitting here having a large Pepsi and a big bag of chips right now, the pizza delivery guy will be here any second. I don't feel any restrictions or anything at all. My Dr. says I can have soda and chips after 2 months and it won't stretch my sleeve at all, so you go girl, get your grub on, Just try to do better tomorrow k?

<This is my new response to any and all crap eating posts>

Yes you go right ahead. I mean after all you shouldn't deny yourself right? Tomorrow is another day, so just go do it and move on right? We are here to support you right, we want you to feel good about yourself. It doesn't matter how unhealthy all that is. We are not here to be on a diet and I would feel left out if all my friends got to eat and I just had to sit there. I'm sitting here having a large Pepsi and a big bag of chips right now, the pizza delivery guy will be here any second. I don't feel any restrictions or anything at all. My Dr. says I can have soda and chips after 2 months and it won't stretch my sleeve at all, so you go girl, get your grub on, Just try to do better tomorrow k?

<This is my new response to any and all crap eating posts>

Love the new response, and I'm glad you had the chance to test drive it here :P

Seriously, I guess that some people either weren't listening or chose to believe it wouldn't apply to them when they were given their eating guidelines and what to expect post surgery talks. I feel sorry for them, because it has to be a real shocker to find out that, yes, indeedy, you will NOT be eating steak 3 days out, and that drinking party you were planning to go to the next weekend will be you drinking plain flat Water, no booze. Oh, and by the way - the sleeve isn't a restriction you turn off when you want to randomly pig out, then turn back on again to be virtuous.

This surgery scares me precisely because it's so permanent. And you know what? I'd be worried if that DIDN'T scare me! :P

Whoa.. Almost missed this topic!

Dang it.. . Long day at work and I can't think of one snarky thing to say.

Love the new response, and I'm glad you had the chance to test drive it here :P

Seriously, I guess that some people either weren't listening or chose to believe it wouldn't apply to them when they were given their eating guidelines and what to expect post surgery talks. I feel sorry for them, because it has to be a real shocker to find out that, yes, indeedy, you will NOT be eating steak 3 days out, and that drinking party you were planning to go to the next weekend will be you drinking plain flat Water, no booze. Oh, and by the way - the sleeve isn't a restriction you turn off when you want to randomly pig out, then turn back on again to be virtuous.

This surgery scares me precisely because it's so permanent. And you know what? I'd be worried if that DIDN'T scare me! :P

After getting bashed on so many soda posts, because I won't grant the poster absolution, I pretty much no longer care what anyone sticks in their mouth anymore. Like Laura said you can't fix stupid.

I think you are going to be fine dust, you've done the research and know what to expect. I talked to my StalkerNut today and told her my goal was not to live as a person that has had WLS, but just to live. Yep it's permanent but it sure is heck isn't defining.

After getting bashed on so many soda posts, because I won't grant the poster absolution, I pretty much no longer care what anyone sticks in their mouth anymore. Like Laura said you can't fix stupid.

I think you are going to be fine dust, you've done the research and know what to expect. I talked to my StalkerNut today and told her my goal was not to live as a person that has had WLS, but just to live. Yep it's permanent but it sure is heck isn't defining.

Thanks, John - make no mistake, I'll probably be here whining, but it won't be because I'm suddenly surprised unless I get some whacko complication that no one saw coming :P In fact, today I am a big boo-hoo of a baby because my widdle leggies hurt. Leg day at the gym, plus cardio. Waaaaah!

I'm with you about not letting it define everything about me, though. I'm doing this because I have to fix the health problems I've caused by not paying proper attention. I'll always have to be mindful of what I eat, but that's okay. Mindful is good, as long as I don't let it turn into obsession.