Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't have a balloon belly and not did any of those I was in hospital with (7 other sleevers). I didn't have any gas pains, although I seem to be in the minority on this forum. But I'd get that balloon belly checked out.

went home same day crazy but true ... I feel presure in my stomage and when I drink Water it hurts. Trying to drink fluids but so far less than 17 onz of fluids.

I'd thump any doctor that suggested I be discharged on the same day as this surgery - and hard too. It's not just about how you "feel" - you should be on a drip for a day or two so you don't get dehydrated, monitored for fever or blood pressure problems, and be receiving anti-nausea and anti clotting meds under medical supervision. These are all very real medical issues that apply to any significant operation. The sleeve is NOT a small op.

I wasn't even allowed to sip Water for 4 days, so you are doing well to get anything in. It's great you're feeling well and have support - you'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel with each passing day. Monitor yourself closely for dehydration as it can make you feel nauseous and so even less likely to take in Fluid. See a doc if it your inability to drink much goes on much longer.

No doubt you'll sail through this as the vast majority of us do - I'm cranky because I think your doctor has taken a foolish risk with your health, not because I think you - as an individual - are in great danger. Good luck with it all.

Don't worry. I was sleeved yesterday as well and I am having the same symptoms :) We can do this!

We should keep in contact

I was not the obly one send home same day. He does this we every patient that is sleeve and has not complications. Yes I guess it is riski but I hope I dont have any type of problem. Thanks

I have surgery scheduled for monday may 6th n im so nervous n also a little hungry. Im having second thoughts n wondering if its normal to have second thought. I am thinking it's jus because im hungry. I can't believe its already 2 days away.

Hope all went well!!

My email is jabbgard@yahoo.com

Shoot me an email ;)

My email is ramirelek@yahoo.com

Was sleeved May 1 , boy was I bloated and the pressure and gas pains at times were unbearable. Then to have to vomit with the sore stomache i felt i was dying. And yes I have given birth naturaly x 2 my first was 9 # . So i know pain , this was very painful and guess what non narcotic pains meds are given in Mexico TJ. The first 2 days were the worst and if u asked me a week ago if I would do it again I prob would hesitate. Just glad Im home and feeling 100% better. Just cant wait to start to seeing the results. I dont mean to scare anyone but I feel like I never was really told how painful this procedure is and can be for some. Kudos 2 the ones that did better than I did. Best of luck to all on our journey :)

Was sleeved May 1 ' date=' boy was I bloated and the pressure and gas pains at times were unbearable. Then to have to vomit with the sore stomache i felt i was dying. And yes I have given birth naturaly x 2 my first was 9 # . So i know pain , this was very painful and guess what non narcotic pains meds are given in Mexico TJ. The first 2 days were the worst and if u asked me a week ago if I would do it again I prob would hesitate. Just glad Im home and feeling 100% better. Just cant wait to start to seeing the results. I dont mean to scare anyone but I feel like I never was really told how painful this procedure is and can be for some. Kudos 2 the ones that did better than I did. Best of luck to all on our journey :)[/quote']

Glad you already home and feeling much better I understand you the first day was horrible and just imagining you without med. I was asking to be injected every 20 minutes I could not handle the pain at the begining it was just to much. Now is getting better I dont even take thenedicine that often. I am glad you are better and I feel the same way cannot way to see another me.