Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

Your photos look great Betsy. They are just the right size. You can really tell a difference in your face.

Lana ended up coming after all so we had a nice visit. We had decided every other week. It doesn't mater to me, we just need to get our schedules straight. :rolleyes:

I think I'll pass tomorrow night. I'm big into American Idol and that's on. I would like to try Saturday at the other church.

I'm getting a fill on Wednesday. I may be crazy, but I'm trying a small one one more time. If I have a bad reaction then I'm giving up on fills.

Quite a change Bj! You look great. Did you get my note about Tai Chi? Barb wants to try it Monday. How bout you?

Ok. Lots to think about. I'd vote for 2 meals a month since we're adding in Tai Chi. And I'd vote for 2 Tai Chis a week, but I'm open to whatever you guys are doing.

My ideal would be Mon and Wed 5-6 PM Tai Chi, and dinner after Tai Chi 1st and 3rd Monday. But I'm open......

Aand Sat AM OA for whoever wants to go......

Now about that dietitian.... I understand Northeast Hospital has one who does community stuff....but I've also eaten the hospital food, so I'm leary....

No, no, no. Not till next week and I'm still thinking it over. I've got such a busy month ahead. Barb sounded like she could and would start next week. Missed you last night.

OK I like the 2 times a week Mon/Wed. I like going to dinner after Mondays Tai Chi every other week. I'm going to the place on Saturday to register. It looks like we buy the outfit to wear from them. I learned a lot on their website. It looks like a good place. The outfit is $30. I want to be all ready because I will have to change clothes when I get there and won't have much time. I should get there about 4:45. I found out it is good for people with arthritis and fibrolmalgia. I'm all for it. What about you Bikergrammy? Are you game for Tai Chi? Lana you could get in almost a full month before you had to leave for the wedding.

I'm going for a fill tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. I've decided I'm not going to OA on Saturday. I can only deal with so much at one time. Dick gave me a scare today with his heart and the impending surgery for his back is on my mind. I think between that, Tai Chi, and Curves, I'm working my program. OA may just be too emotional right now. Maybe later when things settle down.

Unless I talk myself out of it in the next 10 minutes, I'm going to OA tonight. I'll report back. I'll sign up for Tai Chi M/W sometime this week. Do we HAVE to wear the outfit???????? I did it in shorts in Hong Kong... I hope you join us, Lana.

Barbara-Sorry to hear about Dick. Please tell him he'll be in my thoughts.

From the pictures on the website it looks like everyone wears the uniform. Oh gosh we might as well get imersed in the program. Let us know about OA. It might be good. I just think its going to be emotional. PS. I like Tuesday night better than Saturdays.

OK. I went to OA at Atascocita Methodist on Pinehurst at 7PM. I just going to report it without sugar coating...You decide....

There were 6 of us. 2 of us were new. Everybody else had been going for decades and they were all fat.

I know for sure I am a compulsive overeater and that it is very similar to alcoholism for me. I also know I reacted to this meeting like a lot of alcoholics do to AA. It was sooo slow. It was sooo methodical in its structure. The rules allow for testimonies but virtually no dialog between people. The readings were repetitive. I vascillated between antsy and sleepy.

I also found that the structure was soothing. It didn't allow me to gloss over anything for myself... or talk too fast....or get wound up...or be entertaining... or glib. There's no place to hide. And it feels safe.

You are to read the literature, work the steps on your own, use the tools (phone calls, getting a sponsor, writing, developing a food plan, etc), do it in your own time frame, and then the function of the meeting itself is to put some overall structure to the process, I think...

I know I need it, probably as a philosophy for my life too. I just wonder if I want to devote the time to it now. They say to NOT make a commitment and just go to 6 meetings and then decide. I think I'll do that.

Everything that anyone said rang true to me. And it's a big commitment.

So...the after effects of OA are exactly what we've talked about in the past. I feel accountable. I woke up and wrote out my food plan. Didn't feel too restricted so I had some Eggbeaters, slowly. Set aside all concerns about food until noon. Had 5 bites of roasted chicken and 2 bites of vegetables, slowly. Set it aside. Have had 3 large glasses of Water today. And am saying to myself "one day at a time". The timing is good becasue some of my old stupid eating patterns were re-emerging and I needed to nip them in the bud.

On a weird note, I had no idea I look like I looked in the photos. I think I'll need to take photos at various times so I'll know......

Betsy, that's fabulous. Did you feel full after 5 bites of chicken and 2 bites of veg's? Is that because of restriction? By the way, I was thinking of another fill. I'm 2.2 the last time. Do you think you are still at 3.0? I'm interested in Tues nite meeting now.

I just needed to behave and think differently, and the meeting brought me back to earth. I slowed down and did the right things "just for today".

My fill doesn't work as well as it used to, but I'm falling into old patterns that I need to change before I'll know if I need a fill. I really don't think I do. I think I need to address my thinking and behavior.

I didn't tell the OA people about the band, and I won't. I don't want to be seen as different.

I still don't know if I'll commit to working the steps. I'm committing to 6 meetings. But I do know that step one should be easy... I certainly admit I am powerless over food and need a power greater than just little old me to help out with it!

I think I'm trying to get that blend...exercise, friends, support, work on issues...the whole thing. OA is going to be the somber part of it all, I think.

Yes, I did feel full, but I also had to consciously tell myself it was true and push away. I also ate slumped down so I'd feel full faster....Don't know if that's an admirable strategy..... and this afternoon when I even think a single thought about food, I grab Water. I really want to fine tune a lot of this stuff.......

I think I've also come to terms about the diet versus Portion Control stuff too. I think at home, I'm on a food plan/diet/fairly strict thing. Eating out, it's whatever I'd like to have, but portion control.