Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I was sleeved on 3/19 and I am having problems with purees. I am able to get the Protein Shakes down but it takes a whole however cottage cheese yogurt tuna chicken salad and most approved purees are making me gag n not sitting wth me well. Also I have a really heightened sense of smell and alot makes me gag. I feel ok but I lose energy fast bc of the lack of Protein. Also I get shaky sometimes. Is anyone else experiencing this? Will this pass? :(

Hi . I was also sleeved on 3/19. i am having an issue with getting everything they want in ...I cant take those shakes anymore .I rather have the food but i cant really eat enough to get 45 grams of protien ..and lets not forget the 64 oz of Water they want .. I dot have enough time in the day.. its a big stresser for me .. how much protien and how many oz. of water are you getting in?? did you try fryng some egg whites with some shredded cheese that seems to go down easy for me. the ricotta bake is really good ..mix ricotta cheese with egg put sauce in it and some shredded cheese on top and nuke for 3 minutes. you could add some garlic powder and oregano for flavoring ... its yummy!!!

Prior to surgery I had no problems with Water however now I can't seem to get just plain water down. I drink lots and lots of tea and use crystal light and rely on things like sugar free ice pops and Jello to keep me hydrated. I will def try the ricotta recipe sounds good. Thnks for the info!

I was sleeved on 3/19 as well. I can count on one hand the number of days that I was able to get the Protein in they wanted. I can not stand those shakes. I've tried three different kinds and they all make me gag. In fact, those are the only things so far that has made me gag/sick to my stomach. I just started puree's today and I have to say, so far so good. I only did pureed pea Soup, but that two ounces was soooo delicious! I had a big smile on my face because I was so sick of broth. I'm doing ok with Water, getting about six glasses a day, plus half cup of diluted apple juice and the misc. fluids.

I had a real problem with Water after surgery too. My doctor said that was pretty common and I drank a lot of crystal light. They even told me not to worry about calories at that point and told me to drink Gatorade, but I couldn't stand it. I almost had to go back on an IV because i was so dehydrated. Water started being tolerable again at week 4.

I was sleeved on 3-20 and I find I can drink Water now with lemon slices added to it. I don't care for the crystal lights or other additives for the water anymore.

I was sleeved on 3/18. My Doc will not allow me to have meat products until the soft phase. I cannot get down a whole protien shake but that is ok because they only want me to have 4 oz. of it. I am not permitted to drink a whole shake. I am only allowed to have 3 - 4 oz meals a day until the soft phase. Then I can have canned tunna, ground beef.. etc and laso 2 - 2 oz Snacks. Usually they say if you can't tolerate then to go back to the previous stage for a few days and then try again. I have been fortunate and have had no issues. Also you may want to make sure you are only taking in 4 oz (using a measuring cup and not a food scale) Good luck!

Hi . I was also sleeved on 3/19. i am having an issue with getting everything they want in ...I cant take those shakes anymore .I rather have the food but i cant really eat enough to get 45 grams of protien ..and lets not forget the 64 oz of Water they want .. I dot have enough time in the day.. its a big stresser for me .. how much protien and how many oz. of Water are you getting in?? did you try fryng some egg whites with some shredded cheese that seems to go down easy for me. the ricotta bake is really good ..mix ricotta cheese with egg put sauce in it and some shredded cheese on top and nuke for 3 minutes. you could add some garlic powder and oregano for flavoring ... its yummy!!!

I was sleeved on 3/21. The shakes have been an issue until I added a little frozen fruit to them in my blender. That helped. The ricotta bake sounds really good. Do you have a web site you are getting recipes from?

newj I actually found this recipe on here. But if i find anything i will post it.