Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories should we be eating?!?

I am 9 months out and was wondering if there is a chart or something out there that tells me exactly how many calories a day we should be eating. The nutritionist at my doctors office said 1300 to 1800 depending on activity level. I thought that kinda sounded like a lot. What are your thoughts and I would love to hear from people that are a year or two out and what they are eating! Thanks

I am 9 months out and was wondering if there is a chart or something out there that tells me exactly how many calories a day we should be eating. The nutritionist at my doctors office said 1300 to 1800 depending on activity level. I thought that kinda sounded like a lot. What are your thoughts and I would love to hear from people that are a year or two out and what they are eating! Thanks

I am 9 months out also. Interesting question. I think it really depends on activity levels and WLS goals. If you still have a fair amount of weight to lose , I would try and still keeps calories around 1200. If you are active and are pretty much done with weight loss, perhaps think about moving calories up to 1800. I am still trying to figure this out myself. My nine month appointment is tomorrow. I am going to ask them and get to the skinny of it. Lol.

that's exactly where I was at 9 months. I am 20 months post op now and I maintain at the 1800-2000 cal point. I think am much higher than a lot of sleevers but its working for me and I am happy and healthy and maintaining with ease at this point. (pre-op I ate 4000 cals a day easy!) I did eat more at the holidays (Christmas cookies! ack) and I did creep up a bit, and took those pounds back off, and am back to my low weight, actually 3 pound below it!!! I am a believer that going to low on cals long term isn't healthy. Listen to your body-- see how you do an adjust as needed.

No charts, everybody is going to be different depending on their weightloss goals, age, medical condition and physical activity. I'm not a year out, but am at 1100kcals a day theoretically. Realistically I'm good to get 800. My weightloss is slowed to almost a stop. I think that your nutritionist is just about right though.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the input. I do know that they more dense food I eat the longer I stay full. I am loving Beans and cheese right now! lol I am only a few lbs from goal and can't wait! Most days I am getting about 1000 calories in.. So I guess I am right on track.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches