Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full of high octane.....

Got a question for the guys. I've read alot of posts (all of whom were women) that complain about the large amount of gas buildup and it's discomfort. I need some clarification of this condition. Knowing how women tend to be very polite about any belching or release of gas, I need the mens description. Typically, we don't have the same viewpoints about gas as women.......(As in let'er rip anywhere)

So what's the deal???? Does the gas cause discomfort cause it won't come out......or is this just a women issue. Just want to know what to expect. Do I need to have some GasX on hand or will I be able to get in a whole chorus of "Take me out to the ball game" with my belching and farting. :blink:

i have gas daily and it is smelly and i eat very healthy, is that what healthy gas smell like lol

Gas that won't come out causes me more pain than anything concerning the sleeve. GasX or Gavascon helps.

I think he's referring to the "gas" that you get pumped into you when you are in the hospital...

This is one of my biggest fear farting around my husband . I have never ever let gas out around him and I can't neither . He doesn't even like fart jokes ! The only one forgiven by him is our 4 year old daughter , Sorta he still gets upset about her farting . When I get surgery I'm going to have to stay with my mom for that part and let it rip with freedom .

Fart freedom.

Yay for fart freedom. I think mine are methane strong and would cause the CDC to put a quarantine around my house. I cannot believe how much gas there is even 9 months out. Good thing I live in Snohomish so I can blame it on the cows. Try not to blast your SO in bed though or that could lead to dog house treatment. Until the dog kicks you out.

fiddleman looking good there, my gas is horrible no matter whati eat. good thing i am single. i even do it in my sleep i omg i have to run out of the room lol.

why so much gas and stinks so bad. i feel like the cartoon charactors when the gas comes out green lol

Lol. Here we say I don't fart in bed ... I wisper between the sheets.

I trumpet quite loudly every morning to herald the morning. Nothing I can do it the DH says I do it just before I wake up.

allons-y

rebeca funny :lol:

The gas in the hospital doesn't hurt me. Gas afterwards sucked, had to take GasX quite often. It wasn't constant, but it was enough to notice.

I had gas pain up until about 3 days post-op. It wasn't really painful, just uncomfortable. I very rarely, if ever, get gas now.

I don't get any more gas then normal now, but the first few days getting rid of the stuff they pumped into me was pretty bad.

In bed though, my wife and I have our own horn section at times.

At the pre-surgery informational get togethers we were told frightening gas stories by the folks there. It was quite a discussion about the lethal nature and abundance of the gas that comes after WLS. That being said, most of the talk referred to Gastric Bypass folks not Sleevers. There was talk of wearing charcoal-laced Depends to filter out the nose burners.

My wife is quite productive in that department but mostly after eating sugar-free candy and even then it is not what I call overly pungent. I have never been put off by women's sweat, gas, burps, leg hair, underarm hair, etc.. Must be a Viking ancestor somewhere in my tree.

My gas doesn't have any problem coming out and has never had problems exiting my body. Thus, it doesn't bother me at all. Key word there is ME. :rolleyes:

But I have heard quite a few people with it staying in there and causing discomfort, so I feel very fortunate.