Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freaking Out....is this normal 13 days pre-op

I'm only in my second month (I have six months of insurance requirements) and I'm freaking out! I keep thinking that somehow I'm going to be the exception - I will be the one who doesn't lose even one pound even after having my gut cut out! I know that's not going to be the case' date=' but I've had so many attempts at weight loss that have all failed - I just can't keep that little seed of doubt out of my mind.[/quote']

I feel the same way, worried I will be the one this doesn't work for. I have yo-yo dieted so much I am afraid my metabolism is shot. In my 3rd month of insurance requirements, getting more nervous as I get closer to the finish line. Still sure it's something I want to do.

I feel the same way, worried I will be the one this doesn't work for. I have yo-yo dieted so much I am afraid my metabolism is shot. In my 3rd month of insurance requirements, getting more nervous as I get closer to the finish line. Still sure it's something I want to do.

Stick with it, I have my days of doubt. After reading the post on this site, and attending support groups, I believe this is the right thing for me to turn my life around. I too have the thoughts that my metabolism has bottomed out, however, I look at my friend who weighed over 350 lbs, she had her surgery last month and now she is almost 310, her mother had the same results. The only way you can fail is to self sabotage, i.e. overeating, not walking. Small steps will make a big impact.

I didn't have a lot of time to question things...only a month but you can do this!!! You are worth taking care of yourself! You've made the first steps on your journey!!

I definitely think this is the best option for some people. I know that if I don't do something drastic, that I won't live much longer. I just keep gaining weight and the more I gain the worse I feel physically. My body is just breaking down. It's been too abused. I know that without this surgery I don't stand a chance. I have a three year old son that I just can't leave behind. :(

I feel the same way' date=' worried I will be the one this doesn't work for. I have yo-yo dieted so much I am afraid my metabolism is shot. In my 3rd month of insurance requirements, getting more nervous as I get closer to the finish line. Still sure it's something I want to do.[/quote']

My surgery is Wednesday and ive been having the same thoughts! I think alot of people feel this way

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Had pre ops yesterday and ekg showed i MAY have had heart attack(theres no way) so now they waiting for cardiologist to read it since yesterday and my surgery is SUPPOSE to be tomorrow at 9am so im just waiting to hear IF they still going to do it!!

My surgery is Wednesday and ive been having the same thoughts! I think alot of people feel this way

Hope everything went well for you, how are you feeling? It's been close to a month, right?

Hope everything went well for you' date=' how are you feeling? It's been close to a month, right?

[/quote']

Yesterday was 3 wks. Had to have iv fluids last wk for dehydration. My heart rate has been staying in the 100's so surgeon thinks its anxiety for some reason and got to see primary care dr tomorrow. I have anxiety and thats not what the problem id

Your feelings are normal. I'm 5 months out and was 65 when I had the surgery with gall bladder removal and hiatal hernia repair!! Believe me' date=' it is not easy but... The rules/ guidelines are for your safety!!! Every stage my daughter, a doctor, who had the sleeve also kept saying" you only have to do this once. I'm the lowest I've been in over 20 years, and now training with the Bariatric group for a 5 k walk/run! You can do this and use the tool. One day at a time!!! Hour if you need to. Enjoy the journey and we all are with you! Carol[/quote']

I will be having the hiatal hernia repair and gall bladder removal too....just waiting on the approval from my insurance now....was submitted 5 weeks ago....hopefully soon! I am still in the excited phase but I am sure the nerves will kick in for me too....thanks for all the info (everybody).

Yesterday was 3 wks. Had to have iv fluids last wk for dehydration. My heart rate has been staying in the 100's so surgeon thinks its anxiety for some reason and got to see primary care dr tomorrow. I have anxiety and thats not what the problem id

Have they rechecked you for a leak? looking at my discharge papers. "Cardinal symptoms of a leak"

1) heart rate above 120

2)uncontrolled abdominal pain

3)sense of dread or doom

4) shortness of breath or increased oxygen need

5) fever

6) nausea, abdominal distention

Hope it's nothing and you feel better soon

I definitely think this is the best option for some people. I know that if I don't do something drastic' date=' that I won't live much longer. I just keep gaining weight and the more I gain the worse I feel physically. My body is just breaking down. It's been too abused. I know that without this surgery I don't stand a chance. I have a three year old son that I just can't leave behind. :( [/quote']

I completely understand how you feel. Although my son is almost 15, I want to stick around for him and ME too.....we made the right decision....I am still waiting on my insurance approval. :-)

Hope you feel better soon.

Have they rechecked you for a leak? looking at my discharge papers. "Cardinal symptoms of a leak"

1) heart rate above 120

2)uncontrolled abdominal pain

3)sense of dread or doom

4) shortness of breath or increased oxygen need

5) fever

6) nausea' date=' abdominal distention

Hope it's nothing and you feel better soon

[/quote']

Surgeon dont think its leak cause only symptom i have is high heat rate