Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BOOMERS PARTY - YOU'RE INVITED!

My PC is back from the hospital, which is amazing considering that I forgot to include the page with my ID info. I guess I'm just so famous now because of our group, that even HP is reading my posts?? LOL It's time for a "Spring Fling." How are y'all? I miss chatting with you. Come to the party. We'll have lots to talk about and lots of tasty foods that you used to eat. My contribution will include strawberry shortcake and more. But first I've gotta get an RSVP so I know who's coming. Invites going out today to caspinelli712, Chris R, Cindy Martin, coco.c, NtvTxn, ScorpioMoon, searching, shaybear, snotch, southernsoul and suzee279. The party begins this weekend April 6 when you'll have plenty of time to do important things ... like partying with a group of special friends. So rsvp and tell us what dish you're bringing. If you happen to fly in early on Friday, go ahead and join in the early kickoff functions. I have a lot of info to share at the party about my visit to a cardiologist. We'll try & pick a time when we can be online. That way we can chat back and forth.Will you join our party? Rsvp with the best times for you and what dishes you'd like to bring.

OK, I'm in. I can be available most anytime on Saturday. I have a paper to write for class, but I can work it around chat time. The regular chat room is usually pretty busy, but I noticed there is one called WLS Chit Chat that doesn't seem to get much traffic. Maybe we could rendezvous in there?

So Happy to hear the pc is back from the hospital. Is Saturday evening a good time? Around 7pm, just let me know where to find this chat group and I will be there. Cheryl

SouthernSoul and Cheryl - thanks for the RSVP. We can certainly make in Saturday night, Cheryl. What time are you on? I'm CST.

SouthernSoul - I love your suggestion but how do we find the WLS Chit Chat?

Stay tuned to this thread for the latest info on our party. So glad you gals can make it. Please invite a friend outside our group, if you'd like. I've invited SophiaBubbles who has the Starting Out at over 300 lb. group.

More later. ((Hugs))

Sassy (a/k/a Kate)

Hey, ladies! I'll tell you what the chat rooms look like on my screen...I'm assuming it's the same for all of us, but I could be wrong about that. On the very bottom of my screen is a blue bar with 3 boxes on the right side. The middle box has a blue icon of a person. If you click that box, a larger box opens & you will be in the primary chat room which is called Gastric Sleeve Support Chat Room. (I think we are automatically logged into that chat room when we log onto the site.) If you click the little door icon on the top right of that box, it says "leave chat room". When you click it, it takes you back to where you can see the other 2 chat rooms, WLS Chit Chat and WLS singles Chat. I can't remember ever seeing anybody in either of those rooms, so that's why I thought we could use the Chit Chat space for a private chat.

Also, just FYI...I heard from a friend of mine yesterday who is talking about coming to town tomorrow. If she does drive over, I don't know whether or not she would want to do something in the evening, but it's a possibility. If I end up not being able to make our chat, I'll let you know.

Southernsoul (Faye)

Hi SassySenior and southernsoul. How does 7:30 saturday night sound? Let me know and where will I find you on this site? Cheryl

CHERYL - 7:30 PM is a go. WHAT TIME ZONE?

SouthernSoul has a great place in mind, but I don't have details. Otherewise, it will be in Boomers Chat Room with back and forth posts.

SouthernSoul (Faye) - So far it's 3 with you. If you gotta drop out, we may have to postpone the party unless we get some other partiers.

You must have one helluva computer 'cause I donna see no blue boxes on the bottom of my screen. What have you been smokin'? HA HA

SassySenior, I am in the Eastern Standard time Zone. Are we still on or do we need to reschedule? Cheryl

Hey, y'all! I'm all good for tomorrow night...my friend ended up driving over tonight, so I got to see her for dinner. I'm Eastern Time, too, so 7:30 is great with me. I've set a reminder on my phone.

I promise I'm not smoking anything...I had to QUIT smoking a month ago for the surgery, haha. I have a long skinny light blue bar across the bottom of my screen with the instant chat stuff on the right & the left has icons for Facebook, Twitter, a Share This Page option, etc. Hmmm...I was afraid it's not the same for everybody, but I'm not computer literate enough to know why. Either way, it seems to me that everybody registered on the site would have some way to access the instant chat rooms. If you can figure out how to do that, you should be able to leave the main/default room & click on the WLS Chit Chat room. Maybe type Chat Rooms in the search box & then click down to change 'This Topic' to 'Help Files'?

I will be online for awhile tonight, so feel free to send me a private message & maybe we can figure it out. :)

Hi guys,

I wrote an update on the party. It's still on for 7:30 pm EST. See UPDATES: What's hot & what's not.

SS

Kate, I don't see the Updates section. Cheryl, Kate has been having difficulty accessing the chat rooms in the same way I do. I have a blue bar across the bottom of my screen with the chat boxes on the right side. Once in a chat room, I can click Leave Chat Room and go into a different room, which is what I originally would work for us. Apparently, when the chat room is accessed from the Community section at the top of the page, it doesn't include those other options.

So, until we get that figured out, we have 3 options: the slow way of exchanging posts on the Boomers thread or doing a group chat through either Facebook or gmail. Personally, I would prefer to do a group chat, since it's faster & will allow us to engage at the same time. Are you on Facebook or have a gmail account? Kate & I each have both accounts, so we're good either way.

You have to already be connected to each other in order to chat. You can find me on Facebook as Faye Beck Fleming or my gmail is fbfleming@gmail.com. If either of these options works for you, let us know & I can set us up on a group chat tonight. :)

04/11/2013

Hello,

What a fun idea!

I have been gone for awhile.

I have been sick.

I bet I missed the party. Did all of you have fun? What kind of sinful food did you bring or did you bring a nice Protein Shake?

I would like to learn how to post a private message. Can someone share with me?

I can get by on the internet but I have lots to learn.

We're all of you able to figure out how to chat live? I would need to learn that also.

But isn't that what is fun is to learn new things!

Have a good evening.

Searching

Hey, Searching! I'm Faye, and Kate (Sassy), Cheryl (caspinelli), and I ended up doing a group chat on Facebook. We got to know each other a bit, and I think we all enjoyed it very much.

In terms of the chat function on this website, we discovered that it's a bit different for each of us, and we're not exactly sure why. I have a pale blue bar across the bottom of my screen with the chat buttons or icons off to the right on that bar. I didn't set this up, it's just how it is when I come to the site. I have a little blue person icon that opens up the chat rooms & have another button to use for a private chat. The other ladies access the main chat room through the Community tab at the top of the page, which apparently does not include the option to access the less-used chat rooms or start a private chat. I don't know which way will be the way you do it, so I thought I should include both ways. Because of these differences, we ended up switching over to Facebook.

We'll be sure to do it again, so you'll definitely get another chance to party. :)