Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I see my new doctor next Thursday. I'm going to ask her to refer me since my insurance requires me to talk to my doctor first..really scared she will say no or laugh at me so any tips on how to go about asking? Like how I should word it..I have heard she has refered someone so I know she isn't against the idea of it but maybe she will be against it because I am young and am not a yoyo dieter..never lost weight cause when I portion I end up starving and eating all day..I just don't want to be told to try changing my diet cause my last doctor,thrapist, psychiatrist and a nut have all told me to try different things and I do it but I always end up over eating..

I think if you are just honest with her and say the things you just said here, that should be enough... Since you know she's not against it.

Oh and I would tell her you are already researching it AND joined a online support group already! :)

Do you have any comorbidities? If you have high triglycerides, diabetes, high blood pressure etc, explain to your doctor that you need to live a healthier lifestyle. This is a step in that direction. Good luck.

I have high blood pressure as for diabetes I'm either pre or I have it, they have me on metformin but haven't been tested in over 6 months for it. They put me on those meds like a year ago but my BMI is over 40

Actually you should have no problem qualifing with a bmi of 40 and medication for metformin and high bp.......

Just be as honest as possible and do share about the support group. ]

You may have to take a 3 month class to fulfill the requirements but it's well worth every minute of it... :)

Actually you should have no problem qualifing with a bmi of 40 and medication for metformin and high bp.......

Just be as honest as possible and do share about the support group. ]

You may have to take a 3 month class to fulfill the requirements but it's well worth every minute of it... :)

its 6 months. I'm a really shy person and have social phobia so I'm scared of rejection and humiliation so normally I would avoid asking doctors for something like this but I really need help losing weight. I often over think conversations too much cause I have no clue what to say :D but I guess I'm going to just lay it all out on the table and hope she hears me out!

You know how I got my surgery? I had a doctors appointment with with my PCP and I was going to break up with her... My husband picked her for me and she specializes in sports medicine in here practice 0_o which was great for him but not for the lazy whale here! So after a year with her and feeling very uncomfortable every time in her uber athletic presence. I told her about my wanting to leave. Because I'm fat and she just can't relate..

She said Laura I have several obese clients ( I never saw them only skinny fit b*****s)

And as a matter of fact I've referred several to a bariatric surgeon for surgery! WHAT? What? What? 3 months latter because of her I was sleeved.

Go for it!

You know how I got my surgery? I had a doctors appointment with with my PCP and I was going to break up with her... My husband picked her for me and she specializes in sports medicine in here practice 0_o which was great for him but not for the lazy whale here! So after a year with her and feeling very uncomfortable every time in her uber athletic presence. I told her about my wanting to leave. Because I'm fat and she just can't relate..

She said Laura I have several obese clients ( I never saw them only skinny fit b*****s)

And as a matter of fact I've refers several to a bariatric surgeon for surgery! WHAT? What? What? 3 months latter because of her I was sleeved.

Go for it!

lmao every time I go in to see a doctor they tell me I'm over weight..I can't help but laugh! No really?! Someone bring me a mirror quick!

its 6 months. I'm a really shy person and have social phobia so I'm scared of rejection and humiliation so normally I would avoid asking doctors for something like this but I really need help losing weight. I often over think conversations too much cause I have no clue what to say :D but I guess I'm going to just lay it all out on the table and hope she hears me out!

Now is a good time to get out of your head and stop over analyzing conversations. LOL Focus more on what is being said and that they are saying what they mean..... But this sleeve is so worth being vulnerable and asking for what you need.... Heck, 6 months down the line, you will be on your journey to a new healthier you and with a great side effect of skinniness! Yep, it all works for us.... :)