Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck is my restriction

I get mine at either Kroger or Sams Club. Last week I got a pack of 24 at Sams Club for 18.00 ...maybe that was a pack of 18' date=' I'd have to go back and check. I'm pretty sure that Walmart will have them too. I think I saw them at Walgreens and CVS, but I'm not sure. You can always order them online from Amazon.com, and sometimes I think they have sales on them!

I've only had the chocolate, but they also sell them in vanilla.[/quote']

Ok we'll I have all those stores so ill shop around. Thanks love

5 weeks out... I ate an entire pack of weight control oatmeal for breakfast' date=' still currently hungry. I seriously feel like I wasted my money. My stomach apparently was ginormous because I'm still always hungry. Some freakin bull. I'm so frustrated. And height has nothing to do with it cos I'm short as ****.[/quote']

I am also always hungry. I do feel restrictions but I get hungry after an hour or so.

I had the same prob 5 weeks out. Our stomachs weren't cut properly. They don't always get enough of the fundus. Even experienced docs can miss it completely. This was actually a blessing in disguise though. Cause we can still enjoy food. Even though we ate a lot before and can still eat a lot. Its not as much. Try a Mac Donald's fishy Mac bites. Add toasted bread crumbs to make food stick. Eat volume foods. I ate half a piece of pizza and toppings from three other slices. The dough I ate fit the sleeve. You can't eat the way they want if you are like me and still starving. Stay away from slidy foods. Eat stuff that sticks. I know its not as healthy. But its pointless to work a sleeve with hunger. The hunger needs to be satisfied. People with properly done surgeries don't get what us defects go through. Our stomachs were anatomically huge. So cutting some off is little restriction. Here's some positives so you don't feel like a piece of crap. You can't drink pop anymore. Ever. You can't eat as much breads. As before. This will drop us down very slowly. For most people they get 100 lbs weight loss for you and me it may only be 25 lbs in a year. But it should be permanent. And it will take time. I eat like I did before but am more mindful. its pointless when you have the hunger. I just do the best I can. Be mindful slow bites. Take your time. Stay away from sugar and salt. Don't blame yourself for this. You and me did our best. That's all we could do.

If you live with family like I do and they buy the groceries talk to them. They won't listen probably. But you will listen to yourself maybe. Hide the candy. Hide the pastries just out of sight. Get something to occupy your time. Drink tea. Heavy thick tea. Heavy thick Protein Shakes. I feel for you. We are gonna have to tell our doctors. If you can't than just move forward. You did your best God knows that. And you know that. We are what we are. We did our best. That's all you can do.

Maybe the turkey stuck in your chest meant you were full? You have to learn the new signs and they may not feel like the normal way you used to feel.

If you feel hungry you're attitude probably has a lot to do with it. Set your mind to everything positive and try to get past the negativity you're reflecting right now.

Even if you are hungry.. If you eat the right Protein your new tummy isn't going to allow you to over eat.. It will tell you. And sometimes it will tell you in unkind ways

Maybe the turkey stuck in your chest meant you were full? You have to learn the new signs and they may not feel like the normal way you used to feel.

If you feel hungry you're attitude probably has a lot to do with it. Set your mind to everything positive and try to get past the negativity you're reflecting right now.

Even if you are hungry.. If you eat the right Protein your new tummy isn't going to allow you to over eat.. It will tell you. And sometimes it will tell you in unkind ways

I understand what you're saying. So if things get stuck when I'm "full" why do I still feel hungry. I'm taking Prilosec and I've never really had a problem with head hunger before. Hmm

I had the same prob 5 weeks out. Our stomachs weren't cut properly. They don't always get enough of the fundus. Even experienced docs can miss it completely. This was actually a blessing in disguise though. Cause we can still enjoy food. Even though we ate a lot before and can still eat a lot. Its not as much. Try a Mac Donald's fishy Mac bites. Add toasted bread crumbs to make food stick. Eat volume foods. I ate half a piece of pizza and toppings from three other slices. The dough I ate fit the sleeve. You can't eat the way they want if you are like me and still starving. Stay away from slidy foods. Eat stuff that sticks. I know its not as healthy. But its pointless to work a sleeve with hunger. The hunger needs to be satisfied. People with properly done surgeries don't get what us defects go through. Our stomachs were anatomically huge. So cutting some off is little restriction. Here's some positives so you don't feel like a piece of crap. You can't drink pop anymore. Ever. You can't eat as much breads. As before. This will drop us down very slowly. For most people they get 100 lbs weight loss for you and me it may only be 25 lbs in a year. But it should be permanent. And it will take time. I eat like I did before but am more mindful. its pointless when you have the hunger. I just do the best I can. Be mindful slow bites. Take your time. Stay away from sugar and salt. Don't blame yourself for this. You and me did our best. That's all we could do.

If you live with family like I do and they buy the groceries talk to them. They won't listen probably. But you will listen to yourself maybe. Hide the candy. Hide the pastries just out of sight. Get something to occupy your time. Drink tea. Heavy thick tea. Heavy thick Protein shakes. I feel for you. We are gonna have to tell our doctors. If you can't than just move forward. You did your best God knows that. And you know that. We are what we are. We did our best. That's all you can do.

I would probably die if I ate pizza lol. Everything hurts to eat. What do you eat to stay full besides the mc Donald's stuff?

I understand what you're saying. So if things get stuck when I'm "full" why do I still feel hungry. I'm taking Prilosec and I've never really had a problem with head hunger before. Hmm

Head hunger "feels" like real hunger for a lot of us..

I would probably die if I ate pizza lol. Everything hurts to eat. What do you eat to stay full besides the mc Donald's stuff?

Does it hurt right when you start to eat?

If so you still might be swollen or even have a build up of scar tissue (stricture)

Head hunger "feels" like real hunger for a lot if us..

I hear a lot of people say that but I just don't understand it. When I'm so hungry I'm shaking, I don't think that's head hunger but idk, I could be wrong. Although when i do eat i dont still feel shaky but after 30 min im right back to it. A lot of the problem is everybody suggest I eat the same 5 things and they either make me sick or are gross. eggs, tuna, chicken salad, refried Beans and cottage cheese. That is what everyone suggests. I've tried them all except tuna. Cottage cheese was awesome the first time I had it but the second time was just horrible. Maybe the brand, idk. I'm not very creative so trying to find new foods is hard.

I hear a lot of people say that but I just don't understand it. When I'm so hungry I'm shaking' date=' I don't think that's head hunger but idk, I could be wrong. Although when i do eat i dont still feel shaky but after 30 min im right back to it. A lot of the problem is everybody suggest I eat the same 5 things and they either make me sick or are gross. eggs, tuna, chicken salad, refried Beans and cottage cheese. That is what everyone suggests. I've tried them all except tuna. Cottage cheese was awesome the first time I had it but the second time was just horrible. Maybe the brand, idk. I'm not very creative so trying to find new foods is hard.[/quote']

Unfortunately at this stage there is not a lot of variety.. Try tuna mayo and perhaps 1 saltine cracker with it...

Have you tried turkey chili yet?

Hummus?

Does it hurt right when you start to eat?

If so you still might be swollen or even have a build up of scar tissue (stricture)

Um yes and no. Certain things hurt as soon as I eat and some things don't. All Protein hurts like hell including Greek yogurt. The only few things that go down without being a pain is crackers, cheese (the oatmeal today), cream of potato Soup and mashed potatoes. Everything else hurts or makes me burp a lot.

Unfortunately at this stage there is not a lot of variety.. Try tuna mayo and perhaps 1 saltine cracker with it...

Have you tried turkey chili yet?

Hummus?

I don't like chili:/ but I tried refried Beans and thought I was gonna die. Well it's hard cos the variety is low and my taste buds are very picky. But I eat worse now then I did before surgery because I eat crackers and cheese more than anything else.

So I'm really curious now is the stuck feeling fullness or swollen? How long does it take to not be swollen?

Um yes and no. Certain things hurt as soon as I eat and some things don't. All Protein hurts like hell including Greek yogurt. The only few things that go down without being a pain is crackers' date=' cheese (the oatmeal today), cream of potato Soup and mashed potatoes. Everything else hurts or makes me burp a lot.[/quote']

Ok well eating all of those things are usually easier... And will make you hungry sooner.

Can you try some ground turkey in your potatoes and just take in a bit at a time..

Eat a TINY bite at a time chew it until you can't chew anymore.. And wait between bites.

You also need to get your Protein in, so I hope you are still drinking shakes.. Your tummy just may not be ready for real food.. But if it persists

Have your doctor scope you to make sure your passage way is all clear