Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck is my restriction

I don't like chili:/ but I tried refried Beans and thought I was gonna die. Well it's hard cos the variety is low and my taste buds are very picky. But I eat worse now then I did before surgery because I eat crackers and cheese more than anything else.

At this stage you need to throw picky out the window! It about thinking of the proper food as medicine. Not enjoyment.

So I'm really curious now is the stuck feeling fullness or swollen? How long does it take to not be swollen?

Stuck for a lot of us means over full. But there is always the possibility of a stricture.. If eating just a spoonful at a meal makes you gag/ throw up or won't go down could be a sign.

I only ate mcdonalds once since. But it helped me realize what it takes to feel full. Fast food not the best. I eat rotisserie chicken and meats of all kinds. No hamburger horse meat lol.

And generally no Buns. But I will eat the middle of a sand which like egg or chicken salad. I know you can eat a lot. There's some restriction Just not what we thought it would be. Years of overeating made our stomachs more flexible. So in time they may expand again but I'd say if it holds for 5 years that's like a couple grand a year same as doing nutrisystem but better. Scrambled eggs are good I've done chopped steak. Now there is a slight glimmer of hope for us. Some peoples hunger levels drop after 3 months or later. Due to the reduced hormone levels over time. So we may just be late bloomers. Time will tell. Until than. Stay positive don't judge it until that 90 day mark. I'm saving my judgement until than. And take your prilosec. I've been thinking of putting myself in a camping situation to get away from food. Get a box full of isopures. And find a cheap hotel. No money for vending machine. Or restaurants. If you run out use tap Water and a cup. What else can you do buy a sleeping bag and some trash bags put it over the bed so you don't lay in someones filth. Its extreme. But not as much as the surgery we just spent good money on. Oh yeah bring your own pillows too. Bring movies a radio books and stuff to keep you busy. Get out and walk if there is a sidewalk. But whatever you do don't freak out at yourself or blame yourself. Fighting genetics is not a battle its a war. You nuked it. now its going to bash your head in for awhile. And rape your dog. But you will beat it one day when you are six feet under. So you will have the last laugh.

I'm going to play the devils advocate here and just say.. Maybe it's time you both could benefit from therapy? I mean a lot of us can ... and do. You don't seem to have your mind set on anything, but eating and getting full. This is going to have to change in order to progress on any wls journey. We're all food addicts and that is one of the steps we have to work on and change. Without the willingness to change your old ways.. Nothing is going to work whether you have sleeve or not. Your main focus CANNOT be food.

WTH? Protein protein protein!!! Eat every couple of hours if you need to. Just make sure it is protein. Stay away from fast food. It will eventualy kill you even if you are sleeved. You can puree any meat with a sauce or light gravy. Go to the site the worldaccordingto eggface.com. She has great suggestions and recipes for every stage. Good luck and remember protien first before anything. That helps curb your appetite.

Ms anti band.

Therapy does not get rid of hunger.

Hunger is caused from a hormone. That sends a message to the brain that says Eat Now. Its more of a command for those of us that produce too much hormone. You can fight it all you want but its a losing battle. If I had control I wouldn't of had the surgery. My doctor said the beast of extreme hunger would die. I was mislead. And feel like a fool. But I'm a college educated individual. This surgery works for a lot of people. But not me. And some others. I spent my life dieting. And trying to eat right. But hormones always win. I may need hormone therapy. Not a therapist my mind is fine. But thanks for your help. I am happy for you. Anyway A fat camp would probably do wonders with a sleeve. Activity is what's missing from my equation due to the pain from a hernia actually caused by this surgery go figure.

Ok well eating all of those things are usually easier... And will make you hungry sooner.

Can you try some ground turkey in your potatoes and just take in a bit at a time..

Eat a TINY bite at a time chew it until you can't chew anymore.. And wait between bites.

You also need to get your Protein in' date=' so I hope you are still drinking shakes.. Your tummy just may not be ready for real food.. But if it persists

Have your doctor scope you to make sure your passage way is all clear[/quote']

Ok I will try that. Thanks for the help.

I'm going to play the devils advocate here and just say.. Maybe it's time you both could benefit from therapy? I mean a lot of us can ... and do. You don't seem to have your mind set on anything' date=' but eating and getting full. This is going to have to change in order to progress on any wls journey. We're all food addicts and that is one of the steps we have to work on and change. Without the willingness to change your old ways.. Nothing is going to work whether you have sleeve or not. Your main focus CANNOT be food.[/quote']

You can't really say our mind isn't set on anything because you don't know either of us. Asking a question doesn't mean all i think about is food. I'm most certainly not a food addict like you say. I highly doubt everyone that has surgery is a food addict either. That might have been your issue but not mine. Just cos you are overweight/obese doesn't mean you stuff your face all day. I'm not making excuses for myself but you don't know me so don't try to figure me out from one question. That's how you make enemies. However, I do think i need therapy. I think everyone in the entire world needs therapy but I doubt a therapist can tell ya what makes you full or not. Perhaps a nutritionist would be a better start. Thanks though.

I agree and disagree with just about everything that has been posted in response to the OP. I would find a post WLS expert who could offer more insight into why you may still be this hungry at 5 weeks out. It may be physiologic or physical in nature meaning it could be not enough stomach out or hormonally. And boobyholes hormones do play a huge role in addictions of most forms including food addiction. The best treatment for most physical addictions is a combination of CBT therapy and finding external ways to counteract the cravings you have from your internal hormones being out of wack. I have a known/documented dopamine and dopamine receptor deficiency that has been a major driver for my food addiction. Unfortunately there is not much in the way of hormonal treatment that would help this so I can either still eat as a means to satisfy the hormone imbalance or try to find other ways to "treat" myself. For me the sleeve made it impossible to get the same amount of satisfaction through eating massive quantities so I am forced to find other things to get into besides food thought all day. I have a post somewhere a year back right after surgery where I wanted to shoot myself because I was so "hungry". I don't know that anything we post is going to be very helpful without the OP getting some further medical investigation to see if there are true physical or hormonal issues at the root of the problem. Good luck and keep us posted if you find something that works out.

You could try some ground turkey (or beef whichever you prefer) brown the meat, mix with a little gravy (I used fat free gravy) and put it over some mashed potatoes.

Or cook chicken then shred (or use a store bought rotisserie chicken) it mix it with a little gravy (again I use Fat Free) and eat with mash potatoes.

Both of these I at about 1/4 cup TOTAL.

Or try shredded chicken with taco seasoning and melt some cheese overtop and top with salsa maybe a little sour cream if you enjoy it...

Buy or Make meatballs (again I make mine with ground turkey) mash them up and mix with really good marinara sauce and top with some riccotta cheese.< /p>

Your problem with dense protien may be that it is to dry. Esspecially since youre not drinking with your meals any longer. This was my problem at first as well.

While people may flame me for suggesting you eat gravy... The suggestions above came from my Nutritionist. And I am not telling you to eat gravy by the spoonful!

You can PM me and I will give you some more ideas if you'd like.

The weight control oatmeal has 7g of Protein so I thought it would be ok. eggs and chicken salad make me sick. I haven't been satisfied or full since surgery' date=' not once. It's dumb[/quote']

I felt that way at first too. A PPI really helped me with that! Search PPI in the forum; you will find plenty of information.

On 4/3/2013 at 6:10 PM, boobyholes said:

Ms anti band.

Therapy does not get rid of hunger.

Hunger is caused from a hormone. That sends a message to the brain that says Eat Now. Its more of a command for those of us that produce too much hormone. You can fight it all you want but its a losing battle. If I had control I wouldn't of had the surgery. My doctor said the beast of extreme hunger would die. I was mislead. And feel like a fool. But I'm a college educated individual. By the way if you need some help with your studies you can use https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/stylistic-devices-in-the-short-story-lamb-to-the-slaughter-by-road-dahl/ this service. This surgery works for a lot of people. But not me. And some others. I spent my life dieting. And trying to eat right. But hormones always win. I may need hormone therapy. Not a therapist my mind is fine. But thanks for your help. I am happy for you. Anyway A fat camp would probably do wonders with a sleeve. Activity is what's missing from my equation due to the pain from a hernia actually caused by this surgery go figure.

Thank you for sharing!