Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad bad foot blister help!

Hi all!

Do I'm new to exercise-- past week new lol

I'm 5 weeks out and I've been using the treadmill- today I realized I have a huge blister on my left foot :( feels awful!! It's right under my toes on the top part of the lands on the ball of the foot

I don't know what to do nothing's helped so far... Ideas

Sent from my iPhone using VST

This is what happens when your shoes are now tooooooo big! LOL Stay off it as much as possible and make sure it's clean. You can do this...... :)

All I've ever done is get those blister relief bandages and wear them as much as possible, keep it super clean and let it heal. I hated blisters on my feet because I could never stay off them. You may want to get your socks and/or shoes checked out and see if you need something different though. I started wearing padded socks for running and feel tons better.

When I get a blister (last one was 2 days ago), I check and see if there is any Fluid build up. If there is, I take a needle, clean it with alcohol then pop the blister and drain it. then I put Dr Scholl's Moleskin on it. It gives a layer of protection and I'm walking again the next day. I find it hurts like crazy if I leave the fluid in the blister. Hope yours heal quickly so you can get back to your exercise.

Thank you! Appreciate it!! I was like.... Damn I just started doing something and now I'm hurt! Lol thank you

I also use the blister blocker and don't know if this actually works or not but I once had an old football coach tell me to wear my socks inside out at the first sign of a blister because the little pieces of material in the socks rubs up and causes more friction. I have no clue if it makes a difference but I still do it to this day.

Mole skin used to help me all the time from blisters when I am out on a long hike (e.g greater then 1 week). I am not sure if they also apply to running blisters. Maybe. Also just soaking your feet in Epson salt will probably help.

Cool! Thanks for the info - being new to it stressed me! lol

Ill find any excuse to not exercise and since I'm 5 weeks post op now I really wanna do well! Thanks!

Cool! Thanks for the info - being new to it stressed me! lol

Ill find any excuse to not exercise and since I'm 5 weeks post op now I really wanna do well! Thanks!

Getting on the treadmill at 5 weeks is pretty decent. I know everyone has their own fitness levels and their own recovery process. I remember not exercising too much at 5 weeks; still walked a bunch with my dog.

Thanks!

Once it is healed to prevent new ones there is a product I use that prevent chafing and blisters called "Glide" it looks like a deoderant stick. I put it on anything that reacts bad to friction, including the nether regions where my panties rub me wrong, sometimes when I am working out and sweating it tends to get raw.

post-51458-13813664480982_thumb.png

post-51458-13813664481644_thumb.png

Your worried about a blister?! I had to walk to school up hill both ways in a blizzard! Kids now a days playing their games and nozzles and do hickies.

Your worried about a blister?! I had to walk to school up hill both ways in a blizzard! Kids now a days playing their games and nozzles and do hickies.

Lol yup! I almost more slippers to my internship yesterday! It's on about a quarter of my foot.. Not just a tiny one

Once it is healed to prevent new ones there is a product I use that prevent chafing and blisters called "Glide" it looks like a deoderant stick. I put it on anything that reacts bad to friction' date=' including the nether regions where my panties rub me wrong, sometimes when I am working out and sweating it tends to get raw.[/quote']

Cool thank you! Where do u find it-what area of store? Pharm?

Lol yup! I almost more slippers to my internship yesterday! It's on about a quarter of my foot.. Not just a tiny one

Lol that sucks! Hope it feels better soon!