Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~December Chat!

Oh Drewslou you look fabulous!!! Congrats on the half way!!! I have yet to get my friend to my house to help me get my photos posted. We both work retail and we never seem to have the same time off right now. But hopefully soon I will get them out there for everyone to see.

I had another NSV last night. Our town has an old carousel located at a park that is decorated with lights and animated characters for a few weeks before Christmas. We went to the park last night after caroling about town and I rode a HORSE on the carousel!!! I have gone on the ride and stood or sat on a bench but never on a horse! What fun!

I seem to be stuck for about 2 weeks. I really need to lose 4 lbs to get to my next goal. With any luck, maybe it will happen this next week.

Drews - You look great!

I have finally made some progress on my "I have a dream" goal. It was my TOM last week and I swear I gained 5 pounds exercising at least an hour daily and only eating about 1300 calories a day. That 5 has finally come off along with a couple more so I now have 9 more to go.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

I've been on a plateau and was very worried that I was going to be still stuck at the end of our 'I have a dream' goal...but I finally lost two pounds!

My hair is still falling out by the handfulls...and now I can really tell how thin it's gotten. Gulp! :hurtI just had some blood tests so hopefully I am not anemic or anything and that it's just the Hair loss from the surgery and weight loss.

Keep up all the good work 'cause I am proud of you all! :hug:

Missy, do you have any pics from your trip? I would love to see pics of Cambodia!

It was a medical mission trip, and was absolutely amazing.

I will try to get some pictures posted in a couple of days but am having trouble with it, It keeps saying the size of the picture is too large to download. I need to ask one of my more computer savvy pals for assist.

YIPPEE.....I know its not much...but I am down 1 lb on my "i have a dream challange". Only 14 more to go.

Hey everyone......I'm stuck this week, too. Mainly because I have a crew of 140 people and it seems that EVERY SINGLE DAY some one brings me a plate or bag of goodies. And they are SOOOOOO hard to refuse. So I take a little bite here and a little bite there.....and pretty soon all those little bites add up!

I guess the good thing is I haven't gained anything either. Though my clothes are getting loser, so maybe I'm in the "lose an inch, THEN lose a pound" mode. All I know is I better not get any more chocolate at work tonight!

Well I had my second post slip fill on the 17th and everything looked good.

I now am back to five cc in my band. I had six before my slip and that apparently was too much and contributed to my slip.

So I definitely have restriction as compared to before when I had 3 cc in my band.

I am almost back down to my lowest preslip weight:clap2: . Just about a half a pound away so hopefully I will be losing again soon.

For brunch today I ate a half a cup of chili Beans with four crackers and was full.

Yeah there is still hope in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is doing good.

Keep up the good work ya'll.

Myra

First of all, let me say that I am proud of this group! The May bandsters are terrific and are doing so good. I just wanted to share my weekend with my family here.

"Normal" life became a reality this weekend. We went to East Texas for the weekend and celebrated mine and my wife's birthdays with her family on Saturday(hers is Dec 13th and mine the 15th). Had a great time. Then on Sunday, we went to her 7 year old nephew's birthday party. First of all, my shorts were too big. The party was outdoors at a park and it was in the mid 70's. So I went to Wal-Mart to see if I could find any shorts. Limited supply this time of year. I found a size 38 pair of pants that had the zip off legs to make shorts. The only ones they had and that was my size. Well, I got back to my MIL house and put them on and they were too big! I can not beleive I am going on a size 36 pants. I haven't worn that size since middle school. Then my MIL had a pair of 36 mens cargo jeans that she had, but can't wear. I tried them on and they fit too. a little snug, but wearable for sure. I ended up having to return the pants from Wal-mart and just getting a belt for the shorts I brought. Then at the party, I was able to slide with my 1 year old on the playground. It was an inclosed twisty slide that I know I would not have been able to do before the band. Then I was able to go run and play touch football with my Brother in law and the kids with out feeling like I was dying. Sorry for the long post, but such a great weekend of feeling normal.

That is awesome OU! I have had those kind of moments too. I found myself running, yes running with my niece last week. I haven't ran for...I don't know how long. My belly would flop and make a terrible noise if I did. So, I just didn't. Well those days are over! Glad you had so much fun. Isn't it almost like being a kid again?

OU...that is awesome. I am so happy for you. Those are the kind of milestones that let us know......Hey....I AM LIVING LIFE!!! Not just existing and going thru the motions.

So I have some exciting news.... hubby and are are going through fertility testing!!! I did some blood work last week and next week I got for an internal ultrasound to see how my ovaries look. (I have PCOS) Hubby is parapalegic and we aren't really sure if he has viable soldiers or not. When he was in his car accident 13 years ago his pelvis was ripped in half and we don't really know if all the plumbing is still attached or not. If it turns out what he has is not viable we will probably go with a sperm donor. I want to be a mom more than anything and I am so excited!!

Did I mention I LOVE MY BAND???