Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yay Lap! And I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Miss dee, I know you're not going to be where you wanted to be by your bandiversary, but DAYUM you've lost a lot of weight. I agree that people just don't look at us. Plus there's that whole issue of people seeing us all the time so they really can't tell. Nobody notices that I've lost any weight either. Hell, I barely notice!

That being said, I hope you're proud of what you've accomplished thus far. I mean, you've lost an amazing amount of weight and you're still going strong. You haven't burnt out or given up, even though you've been at it for a long time. You are amazingly strong and I love you to pieces.:thumbup:

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I love you to pieces too My Dear Mini! I know I have lost a lot, but I guess, sometimes I get discouraged at the fact that I am a year out and I am only 50% of the way there. I know that the last 50% is usually more difficult than the first. I looked to see what I've lost since my last fill which was on 12/5 and I've lost 20lbs. I guess that is pretty good. It just seemed like I should be losing faster. I really upped my workouts and have watched every morsal that has gone in my mouth. I'm going to up my calories to 1000-1200. They are hanging out, unintentionally around 800.

Hey Mini. Good advice. Thanks as well.

Everyone I jumped on and posted before I read it all.

Dee, I am in my 2's but no where near a point I would love to be. This spring will be my two year anniversary since getting banded. I stopped beating myself up over numbers which added stress over something I had some control but not a whole lot of control over. I'd been ignoring symptoms of things like diverticulitis and did much self diagnosis. I have it in my head now to keep going no matter what, through the sawgrass, I'll keep marching to that island of health and sunbathing without looking repulsive. *sawgrass is tough long vegetation that grows in swamp lands that has a razor sharp edge.

Yes, I do believe super morbidly obese people are viewed at as either invisible, not worthy of looking at, or worse, looked at as carnival freaks. Yeah, I've often thought the only thing I was missing was a monkey with a dress on leashed to a long chain attached to my wrist OR a carnival barker shouting my name OR a street corner, a chair, a sign "will wiggle for cash" and a bucket.

I've lost over a hundred and already my family has forgotten what I looked like at my highest. I have to whip out the pictures to show them then I hear "ohhhh wow". Lucky for me...I also took nudie photos!!! Yep. I've got those for when I hit goal.

I appreciate your support! I remember when you got to twoderville! It was a happy day!

I did photos in a sports bra and my swim shorts. They are pretty scary to look at! I should do another pic on Thursday to see if I've changed much. I'm scary without clothes on! I've been trying the Bio-oil to see if my scars will be lightened, but no luck. At the last meeting at Panera's several mentioned using that. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

No loss for me this week, idk what is going on :w00t:

Our bodies are so bizarre! I can't figure mine out!

-2 for me. =) Still at 296 this morning. Yeah!

I bet it feels good to see that preceeding 2! Can you tell I am dying to see one on my scale!!!

I've been having trouble since my last fill, in fact I kind of feel like I never want a fill again... I'm really tight and it had gotten better the last few days of my denver trip where I wasn't puking anymore, but as soon as I got back home I couldnt/cant keep anything down except for come creamy Soups or anything close to liquids..

I also just found out that my kidney stone went from my kidney to my urter and its stuck until friday jan 30th when I am going to have surgery to get it out..

I talked to dr. k and he thinks it's my kidney stone that is making me have so much trouble with my band but I am still unsure.. =( It's hard because I want food sooo badly but I can't affoard to puke anymore.. I had a bad experience at the hospital too, which I'll post later on cause I am trying to catch up on post reading..

My last week weight loss was 2 lbs. now this week ive lost another 4... Hopefully everything will be getting better for me.. After I've gotten settleed with school, work and surgery!

That's exactly how I was after my last fill. I had to be ultra careful with eating or I'd get stuck, sometimes PB'g. It made eating really a chore and I dreaded it! But I found some softer Protein choices that I was able to eat until I lost a little of the restriction. Homemade refried Beans with salas and LF Sour cream was one, LF/NF Cottage cheese, Greek Yogurt, I made my scrambled eggs on very very low heat, covered and they were so soft and good. I also figured I had first bite syndrome, so I would drink some hot tea before eating Breakfast or drink a Protein Drink for breakfast (since breakfast is at 530am) and then eat around 1030. A protein drink with 30g of protein, cottage cheese with 15g of protein and yogurts and tuna salad, I got more than my protein in!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Marie, I think we should blame it on the inversion. we've breathed 2 lbs of crap into our lungs this week.

That is totally it!!! :w00t::lol::thumbup::lol:

Well, I am down a lb today, but I have been seeing a pattern. If I count calories and stress about it I gain, or don't lose, and when I eat crap and give up I lose. What the heck is that about???!!! I ate horrible yesterday because we were visiting my family. and when I get all my Protein, and drink my shakes, and eat healthy I GAIN!!! AAAARRRRGGG!!!! I guess this must be another experiment stage to see what works for me.

I'm sorry Deb . . . but you need to remember that you are still down overall for the challenge cuz you lost so much the first week. I do think with Atkins and other low carb things that you lose a lot of Water at first and it needs to come back somehow, but it you don't gain all of the weight back then you're still ahead.

That being said . . . you can always fly to Denver and use supershuttle (that's what I do cuz I'm afraid of driving in a strange city) and try to do it all in one trip so you don't have to stay over.

Or you can go to a fill center (that's what I'm doing now as it's about the same price as traveling back and forth to Denver and doesn't take up nearly as much of my time).

Hang in there sweetie.

Thanks for the pep talk, mini. how does that supershuttle work? I have emailed Natalie about appts in Feb. on Tues or Th. so that I can fly in and out on same day.

Shall see.

Woke up to an inch of snow this morning! This weather is sooooo unusual; don't get it.

Mini is right, everytime I do low carb, I lose really fast and then usually gain 1/3 or more back. I realize and expect this because it's a lot of water weight. It happened to me during my carb cycling plan that I was doing trying to get to Twoderville! ARGH! Lapdancer, I know what you mean! For me, I have lost over 100lbs and hardly anyone notices! It makes me think that people really don't look at fat people. We are just there!!! At least those of us who were Super Morbidly Obese. I think the Supershuttle is a good idea. AND Deb, if I'm off when you schedule your fill I'd be more than happy to come and get you from the airport, we can get a fill together and then return you for your flight. I did that for Marie and it worked out really well. I can't remember the exact timing, but it was a pickup, fill up, drop off in a matter of hours. I'm here for you Buddy! Just let's talk about a time!

I totally agree. Fat people are invisible to most of the world. We just forget that when we see differences in ourselves and each other.

Dee, when I find out from Natalie about possible dates, I will get ahold of you and would greatly appreciate the assistance, plus the company at the fill. I think I have needed one for quite a while, but the whole idea of flying to Denver just wigs me out. However, the idea of a fill center right now scares me. I am glad Mini has had success; that bodes well.

It seems you've had a good experience with the fill center. I'm glad. I think Atkins or diets like those - help you lose that water weight, BUT I always, without exception gain when eat normally. The carb cycling did that! I have however lost 13lbs since starting it, but I started it 12/15! That sucks! Over a month ago!

Good for you Sweetie! Enjoy that wave and enjoy those pounds lost!

I wanted so badly to be in Twoderville by the 29th, my first Bandiversary, but alas, I can't even see the signs pointing to the right hwy! I'm still in the town of 20's - and I keep going through the same roundabout! THE WRONG FREAKING WAY!!! I need out and on my way!

I'll take my camera to RR so that I can get some pics! I haven't seen the Peeps in over two months! I bet everyone has changed!

Hallelujah from the southeast up to that northwest for getting banded. You still made a good choice for yourself despite two weeks of regression.

Kudos to you for searching inward and finding bad choices there. Hugs from Florida to you. Now try this:

Tommorow go on a 24 hour fast of no solids and only liquids. Or

Reverse your meals. Start with dinner and eat it about 10 am. Protein first, wait a while, nibble on your salad and spread it out over several hours.

Dinner: Have breakfast for dinner.

More often than not I have breakfast at dinner. More often than not it's a lovely veggie or cheese omelet. Since there are three or four eggs in an omelet, it's pretty volumous so I often find I can't finish it *but I like to dream that I can so I order it anyway. I NEVER FEEL GUILTY over tossed food and always give the leftovers to Big Ed my rednose pitbull or my two Maine Coon cats. They love me for that.

The second I feel full I get the waitress and ask for a doggy bag. I've committed to the takeout container so when they bring it I don't keep nibbling but put it in the container.

Leftovers turn me off so this is a easy solution for me.

Deb, stand by me, let's lock arms and keep walking together for this Valentine's Challenge.:confused:

Lap, thanks for the support and the ideas about changing the order of meals. It is the "mixing it up" that throws me off since I am a creature of habit (very bad habits:drool:) I need to motivate myself to move more. My brain knows what to do but my butt won't get into gear:mad2:

You and Dee have both done sooooo well on this; you are both inspirations to the rest of us newbies, inspirations in so many ways.

deb, just go to supershuttle.com and you can make a reservation right on line. It's a shared van system but they take you right where you need to go and it's about half what you'd pay for a cab.

One little trick: they like to pick you up waaaayyyyy before your flight, so I usually say that my flight is half hour (or hour) later than it actually is so that I don't get picked up so early. When you're flying in and out on the same day, it's not like you need to check luggage and such.

Well either it is TOM (I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago so I don't really know) or else I am going to end up needing anotehr fill. The past two days I have been wanting to graze. I've been doing ok I guess and not making big bad decisions, but I can tell a difference. I'm not hungry so maybe it is TOM. It is just grazing especially after about 4 hours.

I almost didn't get my last fill so I was hoping that I had hit that sweet spot....and I think I did for two weeks. I've noticed that I can eat more than I could a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe this will pass, but if not I guess I'll get my third fill a week from Friday. I'm still losing so I'm glad that Dr. K doesn't just go by that, but by hot much we eat and how soon we get hungry.

I can't wait to hit that point where I don't need a fill for a while. I hate that 14 hour drive round trip I usually make in 24 hours!!!

Dee: what does Tuesday the 10th of Feb. look like for you? I just got home and Natalie asked about a 2:45 appt. on that day. Whaddya think?

Dee: what does Tuesday the 10th of Feb. look like for you? I just got home and Natalie asked about a 2:45 appt. on that day. Whaddya think?

Hey Deb!

Unfortunately, I have jury duty on that date and it's impossible to know until the day before if I'm going to be called. I made my next appt. on the 19th of Feb. My appt is at 1015. I could pick you up after that. I'm starting a second job next week and with the jury duty, I'm not sure of my availability. Sorry Deb!!!

Hi all, put me down for a big fat 0 for the weigh in. I seem to be eating more after my fill. I am falling back into some bad eating habits again. I am doing so well through the day, but from dinner on I am grazing too much. I finally started exercising on a regular basis. Will that make me more hungry??? It seems that after I exercise (around 6 p.m.) all I do is eat. I am scared about stretching my pouch from eating too much. I even had a fill two weeks ago? I need advice.

Hey Deb!

Unfortunately, I have jury duty on that date and it's impossible to know until the day before if I'm going to be called. I made my next appt. on the 19th of Feb. My appt is at 1015. I could pick you up after that. I'm starting a second job next week and with the jury duty, I'm not sure of my availability. Sorry Deb!!!

My next fill is on the 19th too! Not until the afternoon though. Idk if I will be going or if I will have to push it back. Still trying to decide.

Hi all, put me down for a big fat 0 for the weigh in. I seem to be eating more after my fill. I am falling back into some bad eating habits again. I am doing so well through the day, but from dinner on I am grazing too much. I finally started exercising on a regular basis. Will that make me more hungry??? It seems that after I exercise (around 6 p.m.) all I do is eat. I am scared about stretching my pouch from eating too much. I even had a fill two weeks ago? I need advice.

YES! When you're working out you're burning calories, so it stands to reason that you'll get a little more hungry afterwards, and you should be eating more calories to compensate your exercising. Your body needs the fuel! But who am I to talk about exercising? I haven't stepped on the treadmill since surgery. :thumbup:

Ok....so I have taken some time off from LBT. Wow...I think it's been since October since I've logged on. WOW!!! Look at all the skinnier hot chicks on here!! Amazing!!

Ok....honestly. I've come back to grab some more motivation. Here's my quick update in a nutshell.

I was banded back in Feb 27, '08 - so I'm quickly coming up on my bandiversery. I have actually hit a true plato since October. I have seen the same number for the last 3 months. Which is good I guess...that means I'm not gaining. I have scheduled to visit Dr. K for a fill on March 9. Plus, I figured it couldn't hurt just to check in with him after my year of being banded. As of today, I'm down from my starting weight of 340lbs. to 233lbs!!! I've lost 107 lbs!!!!!!!

I figured I need a fill because I am able to eat WAY too much!!!

Some more of my changes:

1. Started my new bellydancing class!! Love it!!!

2. Able to sit in a booth at the resturant!

3. Riding roller costers with my daughter!

4. Wearing high heels don't bother me (as much)!

5. Cute clothes!! I'm a sucker for buying "cute panties" now!

6. More energy!

7. More sex drive!! WOW! My husband likes this part!

8. Damnit...my bra has stayed the same size!!!! WTF?????

9. Counting down the days until I'll be able to get some plastic surgery!

I'm honestly not going to be able to read all the posts I have missed over the last few months. But I would love to hear how everyone is doing in their journey!

Glad to be back!!!!!!!

Lately I've taken to having a bowl of Cereal as a snack after dinner if I feel like snacking. Is it a complete waste of calories? I typically get the good stuff, high Fiber and such. Definitely not Captain Crunch or Fruity Pebbles - gosh how I miss those! Since it's cereal in milk, I'm sure the milk just washes the cereal down the hatch and I don't get any real fullness from it. What's your opinion on cereal ladies???

Lately I've taken to having a bowl of cereal as a snack after dinner if I feel like snacking. Is it a complete waste of calories? I typically get the good stuff, high fiber and such. Definitely not Captain Crunch or Fruity Pebbles - gosh how I miss those! Since it's cereal in milk, I'm sure the milk just washes the cereal down the hatch and I don't get any real fullness from it. What's your opinion on cereal ladies???

I have eaten cereal. I think it's true that it does get washed down with the milk, however, cereal can be a good source of fiber and calcium/vit D. I was going to mention something I saw on the Health Channel. They did a show on people who have lost weight in a nontraditional way. One woman had broken her leg years ago and during that time, her friends and family would bring over meals in the morning. She had a hard time standing for periods of time, so cooking wasn't an option for her. She would smell the hot meal they brought and couldn't wait for dinner time, so she started eating those meals every morning for breakfast. In turn, for dinner, she would have a bowl of cereal or fruit. By the time her leg healed, she had lost a significant amount of weight. She couldn't figure it out. Then it hit her that she had flipped her day. She had dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner (Lap mentioned this in a post to Deb) Anyway, my point is, I think if you make good cereal choices, cereal is fine. I do, however, get really hungry if I eat cereal, because of the high carb content.

Ok....so I have taken some time off from LBT. Wow...I think it's been since October since I've logged on. WOW!!! Look at all the skinnier hot chicks on here!! Amazing!!

Ok....honestly. I've come back to grab some more motivation. Here's my quick update in a nutshell.

I was banded back in Feb 27, '08 - so I'm quickly coming up on my bandiversery. I have actually hit a true plato since October. I have seen the same number for the last 3 months. Which is good I guess...that means I'm not gaining. I have scheduled to visit Dr. K for a fill on March 9. Plus, I figured it couldn't hurt just to check in with him after my year of being banded. As of today, I'm down from my starting weight of 340lbs. to 233lbs!!! I've lost 107 lbs!!!!!!!

I figured I need a fill because I am able to eat WAY too much!!!

Some more of my changes:

1. Started my new bellydancing class!! Love it!!!

2. Able to sit in a booth at the resturant!

3. Riding roller costers with my daughter!

4. Wearing high heels don't bother me (as much)!

5. Cute clothes!! I'm a sucker for buying "cute panties" now!

6. More energy!

7. More sex drive!! WOW! My husband likes this part!

8. Damnit...my bra has stayed the same size!!!! WTF?????

9. Counting down the days until I'll be able to get some plastic surgery!

I'm honestly not going to be able to read all the posts I have missed over the last few months. But I would love to hear how everyone is doing in their journey!

Glad to be back!!!!!!!

Nice to see you again!!! I love your list! I also am really getting antsy for my plastics. At least getting this pannus removed! Don't be such a stranger Missy!

YES! When you're working out you're burning calories, so it stands to reason that you'll get a little more hungry afterwards, and you should be eating more calories to compensate your exercising. Your body needs the fuel! But who am I to talk about exercising? I haven't stepped on the treadmill since surgery. :tt1:

I get hungry after working out! BUT I also get "frisky" too! The frisky part is just a waste since I'm on my own here! BUT for the hungry part, when I'm not doing low carb, I'll eat an apple, I've cut in slices and peeled - I take it to the pool with me and eat it with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter on top. That usually does the trick. Carb and Protein mix helps satiate that "I'm starving" feeling.

My next fill is on the 19th too! Not until the afternoon though. Idk if I will be going or if I will have to push it back. Still trying to decide.

Wow! The same day??? Maybe Deb will be able to make it that same day too!

If you're exercising, you do need more calories, but good calories. Have something prepared, something with good carbs and some protein in it. Don't make yourself search for food... that's when the grazing starts. I love these Trio bars, I get at Cost Co. They are almost entirely nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. I eat half of one with some blackberries.

Sorry for the late check-in. For the challenge I was 0 last week :cursing:

No problem! Are you going to make it to Red Robin on the 9th of Feb.

Congratulations to all of you who have lost. Put me down for a gain of 1.9 lbs.

Chin up!!! You'll get back on track soon.