Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

:crying:MEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE (In memory of the way we used to eat!)

First weigh-in: April 6 Last weigh-in: May 25 (seven weeks)

*******************************Week One****Week Two

JMEGIRL....................(Goal 14lbs) +0.6rolleyes.gif +0.8rolleyes.gif

LOTZASUNSHINE........(Goal 8.5lbs) -.5clap.gif

KAYLEIGHSMOMMY.....(Goal 15lbs)

JULIE.ANN.................(Goal 13.5) -2:smile2: -1.8:thumbup:

MISSCHERYL.............(Goal 15lbs) -1.5clap.gif

PRTYANTOVRYT.........(Goal 25lbs)

BELLAPERDENTE.........(Goal 14lbs) -3:smile2: -.5:thumbup:

LAPTASTIC................(Goal 15lbs) -1clap.gif

DEBOREGON...............(Goal 10lbs) -1clap.gif

MEM620....................(Goal 14lbs) -2:smile2: -1:thumbup:

MINIDRIVER...............(Goal 10lbs)-1.2:smile2: -2.4:thumbup:

SNOWGATOR..............(Goal 8lbs) -1:smile2: -2:thumbup:

oh bella, don't forget i lost 2lbs last week. i posted it really late.

Hi everyone, I am getting banded on Wed. by Dr. K. I am nervous but excited. It sounds like everyone has had great results and that he is a great surgeon.

Wow! Congrats! I am very happy with my Band. I'm not always good but I am never regretful. It's not the easiest of all WLS, but it is the least invasive. Good Luck and you've chosen a great surgeon!

put me down for -2.5.

well, don't know when or even if i will be posting again. life just threw my family a sucker punch. yesterday we were told my mom has lung cancer. will find out the specific kind and treatment this morning. it is a large cell carcinoma...only 10 cases on the books. this came out of blue and we are in shock. mom, however, is calm and accepting and strong. my dad and i: not so much.

Hello Deb,

What devastating news! My father was diagnosed with Lung cancer when he was only 53 years old. It was self-contained in one lung,which they removed. He lived to be 77 years old and died of a stroke. He survived lung cancer and I hope your Mom can too. Best of luck to you and your family.

Mary

I am soooo sorry Deb. How did she know something was wrong? Hopefully, that caught it eary enough. My mother-in-law was 80 when she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and had surgery to remove two spots on her lung. She wasn't given much hope. That was five years ago and she is still cancer-free. Always have hope.

Thx , girls, for sharing your stories. ineed to hear those kind of things. she went in after an xray taken showed a "mass" on one lung. they said it was a collection of Fluid that needednto be drained. went into hospital to have drain tubes put in. still wouldn't drain so went into surgery on wed.

well, after removing pus and stuff, they found a tumor. the pus was from infection in the tumor. can't be removed as the tumor crosses over both lobes and some of itis around the arteries from the heart. the good news is her overall good health, her nonsmoker status, and her positive attitude all contribute to a successful treatment. She is 78; my dad 83 and in a frail state.

sorry this is so long but wanted to fill u in.

thx for thoughts and prayers.

put me down for -2.5.

well, don't know when or even if i will be posting again. life just threw my family a sucker punch. yesterday we were told my mom has lung cancer. will find out the specific kind and treatment this morning. it is a large cell carcinoma...only 10 cases on the books. this came out of blue and we are in shock. mom, however, is calm and accepting and strong. my dad and i: not so much.

Deb,

So sorry about your news. I hope things go very positively for you and your family. Sending all good wishes.

Oh Deb. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that everything works out for the best. I know your mom and dad must appreciate having such a loving and caring daughter.

put me down for -2.5.

Oh Deb!

I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope things turn out better than anyone ever expected. Miracles can happen and they do everyday. Having hope is very important.

I know your parents are so important to you. I remember you talking about them previously.

Please come back and post when you are able - I know you'll want to spend your time with Mom, but we will be thinking of you. Also, Sweet Deb, please don't neglect yourself. It's important to talk care of yourself when you can. I'm sure your heart is heavy right now. I am very sorry.

love you lots, dee~

p.s. if you want to chat anytime, day or night, please call me. I work nights now, so I'm up at all hours of the night. Hugs!

:)MEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE (In memory of the way we used to eat!)

First weigh-in: April 6 Last weigh-in: May 25 (seven weeks)

*******************************Week One****Week Two

JMEGIRL....................(Goal 14lbs) +0.6rolleyes.gif +0.8rolleyes.gif

LOTZASUNSHINE........(Goal 8.5lbs) -.5:smile2: -3.5:thumbup:

KAYLEIGHSMOMMY.....(Goal 15lbs)

JULIE.ANN.................(Goal 13.5) -2:smile2: -1.8:thumbup:

MISSCHERYL.............(Goal 15lbs) -1.5clap.gif

PRTYANTOVRYT.........(Goal 25lbs) -2:smile2: -0:rolleyes:

BELLAPERDENTE.........(Goal 14lbs) -3:smile2: -.5:thumbup:

LAPTASTIC................(Goal 15lbs) -1:smile2: +1:rolleyes:

DEBOREGON...............(Goal 10lbs) -1:smile2: -2.5:thumbup:

MEM620....................(Goal 14lbs) -2:smile2: -1:thumbup:

MINIDRIVER...............(Goal 10lbs)-1.2:smile2: -2.4:thumbup:

SNOWGATOR..............(Goal 8lbs) -1:smile2: -2:thumbup:

I have good news to share..was hopping on the scale this morning, hoping, hoping, hoping to finally get to 199...and it read "198"! I half expected confetti to fall from the ceiling and horns to blow. This is also a milestone for me, since this number changes my BMI from the "obese" to "overweight" category....never been so happy to be overweight!

Congratulations Snowgator, that's awesome! Onderland must feel onederful. I hope to be right behind you :rolleyes2:

So Munchkin has been in town since Monday night. We've had a blast, I just love her to death!

Last night we went to the Dave Matthews concert and it was soooo much fun! Here's a picture! She's so short, she makes me look like an Amazon, but I'm only 5'8" :thumbup:

post-245605-13813138330664_thumb.jpg

Hello my friends! No I didn't drop off the planet. I'm still kicking :thumbup: and counting the days until my trip to Denver.

Is anyone else out there having an out of body experience? as in you don't recognize the body you are becoming through this journey?

Spring Break was the week before Easter and I took advantage of the time to disconnect. Talking no internet, no cell phone communications and certainly no out of the house in traffic with honking horns and malls with crowds of frustrated shoppers. Rather, the gift of quiet came in the form of relaxing movies, magazines and an environment controlled by me with simple things like lighting, change in pillows, bedding and simple pleasures.

Sorry to not post here for awhile.

You all might reflect upon your lives and select a time when you can say...WOW, This is the year of change for me. That's been my case. Greater than 1981 when I moved 11 times, when I was on a farm in January married to my middle school sweetheart, to December when I was living in Florida spending New Year's Eve playing cards with friends near Clearwater Beach. Can anyone relate?

Lapbandsters, this question is for all of you. Are any of you becoming persons who no longer put up with just any old thing? I saw the day when I would run anything I did past several people for their approval. Right now, as I plan this trip to Denver, I suddenly found I was on the Greyhound Bus site checking bus schedules from Denver to Rapid City.

I want to go to the Black Hills.

Since I first discovered Black Hills Gold

with MR5990BL.jpgthe rose gold and green gold accents, I fell in love.G309.jpg

I have dreamed of seeing the source of the story behind the grapes and leaves since I was atleast 14 years old. I turn 50 in December, it's time.

So to my friends out there in the west. I'm arriving in Denver in June. I would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to get there from Denver.

Should I fly? Should I take a bus? Should I rent a car?

All in all, my mind can only envision myself out there, far from the palm trees, sand and surf, staring at those enormous mountains you all are so fortunate to have.

My appt. with the good doctor is the 11th or the 9th, Tuesday or Thursday, I don't have my planner nearby. And from there one of the reasons Colordo was chosen to have my surgery was because going for a fill is like a vacation to me.

*This was one of the best decisions ever made on my part*

I don't fear the airplane flight

I don't fear the medical exam

I don't fear the fills

Going out there is an escape into the cool mountains. I love it there.

So anyone with cool ideas, I look forward to your posts in response.

To those on the challenge, best journeys to you. My scale broke! I haven't weighed since the last challenge but seeing my clothes drop is amazing.

An idea for all, thanks to Cherly for her "Pay it Forward" concept. I received size 1X and 18's from her. There is something inspirational about having clothes from someone who is on the same Lap Band journey down that you are on and putting on smaller sizes and knowing the clothes are from them. A way for us to "Pay it Forward."

Glad tidings to all. I look forward to reading suggestions for the Black Hills journey in June.

Hugs to all.

Patty the Lapdancer

To SNOWGATOR, BRAVO to you for finding ONEDERLAND. A magnificent goal is achieved.