Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sounds good, and I'm not even sick.

Haha, I've been sick so long, I'm starting to think I'm allergic to my band! :tt1:

Haha, I've been sick so long, I'm starting to think I'm allergic to my band! :tt1:

I hope not! That would really suck.:tt1: Didn't you start to get sick before you had the band?

I hope not! That would really suck.:tt1: Didn't you start to get sick before you had the band?

Well, sort of. I started to feel that familiar scratchy throat, and I was sneezing, so I thought I was getting a cold. But it never came to a head, so I think it was just allergies at that point.

I started feeling sick exactly 2 weeks post-op. And I've been sick ever since, some days worse than others. Like I said, today pretty much makes 3 weeks of this darned thing. I'm sure my immune system was weakened post-op, and with my lack of nutrients being on a liquid diet, it probably just made me more susceptible to the flu. But to carry on this long is just cruel and inhumane!

Well, sort of. I started to feel that familiar scratchy throat, and I was sneezing, so I thought I was getting a cold. But it never came to a head, so I think it was just allergies at that point.

I started feeling sick exactly 2 weeks post-op. And I've been sick ever since, some days worse than others. Like I said, today pretty much makes 3 weeks of this darned thing. I'm sure my immune system was weakened post-op, and with my lack of nutrients being on a liquid diet, it probably just made me more susceptible to the flu. But to carry on this long is just cruel and inhumane!

Yep it is time to see the Dr. and kick this thing once and for all.:tt1:

Hello all!!!!!!! I just wanted to pop in on this thread for a big huge THANK YOU!!! Because of the input here on LBT and this thread.. I sent my mom to Dr. K for her self pay band and as I type this she is ON HER WAY to DENVER!!! She has surgery tomorrow!!!!

Hello all!!!!!!! I just wanted to pop in on this thread for a big huge THANK YOU!!! Because of the input here on LBT and this thread.. I sent my mom to Dr. K for her self pay band and as I type this she is ON HER WAY to DENVER!!! She has surgery tomorrow!!!!

Congratulations and good luck to your mom. Keep us posted.:tt1:

YAY!! Congrats!!! Dr. K is such a wonderful, kind, and gentle man :tt1:

To be sure...I DO read all your posts every day...it just takes so long for my internet to load the pages that I don't respond as often as I'd like.

Jaime - sorry you're feeling sick. "Out here" we request the "shot"...you know, good 'ol Penicillin in the butt cheek. It works faster than the pills. Although I don't have trouble taking pills...except for extended release stuff (Mucinex is #1 BAD culprit there). I hope you feel better. AND...there are MANY pharmacies that will turn anything into a liquid so don't fret...your doc should know of a pharmacy that can do that. Heck, we have one in Anchorage that'll turn meds into Gummy bears or lollipops!

Went to Anchorage with my husband. I found this super hot dress (at Torrid - you should try it) and got all ready for a night of dancing and...well, there was a lot of cleavage, what do you think I wanted? :tt1: Andrew could barely manage to hold a smile for the picture so here's all we have. The party was LAME-O so there wasn't any dancing. It was a bummer of a night, but at least I got to shop at "real stores" for Christmas for the kids.

Speaking of Christmas...that's what we named the puppy. We call her Chrissy. She's doing quite well, although a little overwhelmed by my daughter.

post-219385-13813137938417_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813137938613_thumb.jpg

Oh, and another thing. Don't know if I mentioned it, but my SIL has decided to NOT have the Bypass, but wants the Band now. (She makes this sound like it was her decision, but I think insurance may have a role in it.) I'm very happy about this. She doesn't have an insurance OK yet, but has decided to start a pre-op diet?!? Now, I'm all for dieting, but I think she thinks that she's going to get the OK and then go in for surgery in a day! Haha! The doc she's decided to use requires a LOT of stuff...group meetings, pre-op appoinments, etc. I know she's done some research on the Band, but not, apparently, on the doc! It's actually making me laugh a little.

To be sure...I DO read all your posts every day...it just takes so long for my internet to load the pages that I don't respond as often as I'd like.

Jaime - sorry you're feeling sick. "Out here" we request the "shot"...you know, good 'ol Penicillin in the butt cheek. It works faster than the pills. Although I don't have trouble taking pills...except for extended release stuff (Mucinex is #1 BAD culprit there). I hope you feel better. AND...there are MANY pharmacies that will turn anything into a liquid so don't fret...your doc should know of a pharmacy that can do that. Heck, we have one in Anchorage that'll turn meds into Gummy bears or lollipops!

Went to Anchorage with my husband. I found this super hot dress (at Torrid - you should try it) and got all ready for a night of dancing and...well, there was a lot of cleavage, what do you think I wanted? :tt1: Andrew could barely manage to hold a smile for the picture so here's all we have. The party was LAME-O so there wasn't any dancing. It was a bummer of a night, but at least I got to shop at "real stores" for Christmas for the kids.

Speaking of Christmas...that's what we named the puppy. We call her Chrissy. She's doing quite well, although a little overwhelmed by my daughter.

Thanks for the well wishes! What a beautiful family you have! And what a hunka hunka man you got there :tt1::whistle: The pup and kids are just precious, and I love the name you all picked out!

Oh, and another thing. Don't know if I mentioned it, but my SIL has decided to NOT have the Bypass, but wants the Band now. (She makes this sound like it was her decision, but I think insurance may have a role in it.) I'm very happy about this. She doesn't have an insurance OK yet, but has decided to start a pre-op diet?!? Now, I'm all for dieting, but I think she thinks that she's going to get the OK and then go in for surgery in a day! Haha! The doc she's decided to use requires a LOT of stuff...group meetings, pre-op appoinments, etc. I know she's done some research on the Band, but not, apparently, on the doc! It's actually making me laugh a little.

LOL I can't help but laugh with you. I had that same silly idea about my pre-op diet - I was going to start it one month early. HAH yeah right. I had my last suppers right up until Go Time! :tt1:

Just tell them you need the liquid. I had a doc that used to give me an antibiotic shot...hurts like h*ll, but gets the job done.

So, can I be excused from weigh-in until....December 30th? :whistle:

I don't usually hate, but let me tell you, I've got some serious hatred for my scale right now.

I haven't been in a 14 since high school. I think maybe my freshman year. I can't imagine a 12 but I think I want to shoot for a 10. My mom has worn a 10 for as long as I remember and I want to be able to wear that. I can't really explain it. I can't fathom being able to wear those sizes! Really! I just can't!

Oh by the way I am 2 pounds away from the 40# mark. I can't believe it. Just 2 months ago I weighed 285.5 before I started pre-op!:tt1:

Congrats! You are one serious bandster:thumbup:

So ladies, all you professional Bandsters out there - what do you do when you have a bad cold/flu and need medication? When you go to the doctor, they are inevitably going to give you pills for your ailment. How do you approach that? Is there a liquid-form to what they'll give you for a flu? I've had this flu for 3 weeks this Thursday, and this morning my throat is on fire. I can't remember in all my 26 years my throat ever hurting this much. Add to that the stuffy head, sinus headache, and constant sneezing - I'm miserable. I can hardly talk - my throat is that bad.

I've told myself I'll finally go to a doctor tomorrow if my throat still feels this bad, but I'm worried I'll pay all that money to see the doctor (my insurance isn't that great) only to find that there's nothing he can prescribe me that isn't in pill form. Any opinions ladies?

Get to the dr. ASAP! I have no problem with pills, but the others on here have more experience than I and probably know about the liquid options.

Don't fret about pound loss. It has only been a month. Can you think of the last time you lost 12 lbs. in a month? It will be fine. We all hit plateaus (too often and for too long); it is just your stuffy head talking.:tt1:

Hi lapband ladies. Jaime, I concur with the "going to the doctor" suggestion. Listen to your collective lapband mommies and go!

Marcy, nice to hear from you and the pics are great. You look gorgeous and the kid/puppy pic is adorable.

Julie Ann, wow!! That's fantastic.

Lotza', my slow and steady lapband sister, good job!!

Brandy, it's so nice to have you back.

Okay, I have to comment for a moment about Oprah. So she's never been a supporter of weight loss surgery and has been kind of snotty about it IMHO. So now she's all embarrassed and stuff cuz she's back up to 200 lbs. This is a woman with a personal trainer, private chef, etc. If SHE can't keep the weight off, why on earth would any of us be able to do so? I mean, come on!!

I feel like writing to her and (respectfully) suggesting that she look into getting a band.

Well, I have about a bazillion papers to grade and a wedding coming up in 10 days. I need a personal assistant. Anyone want to volunteer? :(