Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well...I did it!

I got banded on Wednesday! It went very well, and I had minimum problems. The only think that I'm experiencing tonight is my esaphogus is hurting a bit and I can't seem to sip my Water like I should be doing. Do you think it's still from surgery or are things swollen yet? My Dr. had me on liquids for a week before and Clear Liquids the day before, then NOTHING by mouth all day Wed. and Thurs. I thought I'd die of thirst! But he didn't want me to drink anything until he did an upper GI this morning. Then I got broth and Crystal Light and could only eat a few teaspoonsfull when my esophagus felt like someone punched it. Now HOW can I sip water? Will this go away???

I'm pretty sore and very tired, so I think I'll turn in. I'd appreciate any advice.

Goodluck,and wellcome to bandland.I have a great recipe for potatoe Soup if you want it.It got me through the mushie stage. I also like the wylers herb and spices chicken broth.I still buy it after a year banded.

wtg cheryl! you are probably the last of the november bansters. I think you throat is probably sore from the tube they have in it during surgery. Very normal - I've been under the knife about 7 times - the band will be #8. They put a tube in your throat and it can be a bit uncomfortable for a few days. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lady Splenda, Yes, I would like your recipe for potato Soup, only I have to be able to swallow first without feeling like my esaphogus has been kicked by a mule every time I swallow something. I'll also look for that soup you were talking about. I looked at your web site..you are gorgeous!

Steph C, If that feeling is from the tube, How will I get enough liquids? I feel like I really need to drink more...maybe I'm just afraid of filling my stomach too much. Does Water go right through? Or does it sit there, waiting to back up into my esaphogus? I guess I need a little help here. If it's just from the tube, I guess I don't have to worry as much.

Thanks for any help given!

Goodluck,and wellcome to bandland.I have a great recipe for potatoe Soup if you want it.It got me through the mushie stage. I also like the wylers herb and spices chicken broth.I still buy it after a year banded.

I'll learn how to use this thing yet! I would like your soup recipe if I can ever swallow again without feeling like I have a giant lump in my throat from taking one swallow of water! I looked at your web site...you are gorgeous! I posted this one other time, but I don't know if I did it right, so if you see two of these...that's just dumb me! Thanks for your reply.

I can't believe you couldn't drink anything for two days!!!! Am I reading that right? You poor thing!! THAT'S probably why your throat hurts.

I can't believe you couldn't drink anything for two days!!!! Am I reading that right? You poor thing!! THAT'S probably why your throat hurts.

The first day was for surgery, so I understood that (sort of) but not even an ice chip! The second day I was getting really upset. I had to put this moisturizing stuff on both sides of my lips so that my teeth would stop sticking to them. The nurse said my Dr. waits until he does a GI Series to see if the band is leaking. Then I could FINALLY drink something and I found I have this BIG lump in my throat, right around the middle of my throat. It's there all the time and is sooo annoying. At first I thought it was because I drank too much, but I can drink sips of Water and not throw up, so I don't think it's that, but how will I know? I'm just sort of hoping it's from the tube they put down your throat. Maybe I'm swollen yet. But I was banded at 8 a.m. Wednesday and there's no relief yet!! If that stays, how will I know if I'm full? That very same thing was a hint that I ate too much or too fast in the binder my Dr. gave me. It also hurts like heck when I breath deeply or yawn...ouch! This is the thing that bothers me the most. It feels like a big lump and it also sort of aches. WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT, OR SHOULD I SAY NECK. It's really frustrating me! :angry

Oh Cheryl!

I am so sorry you are having this issue. You have to keep trying to sip liquids, though - or you will get dehydrated.

Hugs!

Hopefully that lump will go down soon.

Oh Cheryl!

I am so sorry you are having this issue. You have to keep trying to sip liquids, though - or you will get dehydrated.

Hugs!

Hopefully that lump will go down soon.

Thank you dear...I sure hope so, it even hurts in my ear. I have been taking sips of Fluid all day and have even had Jello and it all stayed down, so it MUST be from the surgery itself. What did they do...JAM that tube down??