Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

march sleevers the good and the bad

Officially one week post-op today! I finally feel pretty much human again. Still some soreness, but no real pain anymore - except when I laugh. Found that out the hard way last night!! Still sleeping on my reclining couch - laying flat out or on my side isn't comfortable yet. Actually helps me avoid hubby's snoring. :) Still on liquids until my 3 week follow up on 4/12, so it's getting kind of tedious. Never thought I'd be jealous of people able to eat strained cream Soups and puréed food!! I'm really just getting tired of sweet stuff. broth is too salty for me - unless I decide to make my own, which I just might do today. I'm down around 13 lbs post op (didn't have a pre-op diet to follow) so I'm really happy so far. Just wish I could workout - I'm a Zumbaholic, so missing classes is killing me. I actually went and sat in on my usual Monday night class last night just to see everyone and hear the music. They were all so glad to see me - and it made me feel a little better. Was starting to get stir crazy in the house!! Hope you all are doing well today!

I'm one week also! Feeling the best yet but still so BM. I get a ton of Water in and have been walking. Still nothing :(. Yes laughing does hurt! Sneezing is the worst for me. I haven't got on the scale yet. I still feel swollen in my belly and I don't want to be disappointed if I still have weight from the surgery on :). I'm glad we are doing pretty well!

I'm one week from right now at this exact time. Today I am sstarting stage 2 liquids. Made me a scramble egg with cheese.. Praying it does ok. Walking a mile a day.

From central NJ - sleeved on the 29th. Gas build up in my left shoulder was most painful. Finally starting to feel relief. Stomach very swollen. Had a hernia repair during the surgery so I expect to be sore for a bit longer. Been so difficult to get in all the liquids. So far, I can only tolerate 1 Premier Protein drink and 10 oz of syntax nectar powder in ice Water per day. I force myself to sip hot broth at lunch and dinner time and eat 1 Jello cup for Breakfast. I was really looking forward to the Popsicles, but they taste so sweet right now.

Took a week off of work and I'm glad I did. So tired. Napping a lot. Went for an hour walk yesterday in the sunshine, but it's very cold and windy today. Know I have to walk to relieve the gas and for exercise in general, so I am going to bundle up after I finish my broth and just do it. I've been having chills off and on since the surgery and wish it were warmer outside.

I have my follow up appointment on April 9th. I'm not going to weigh myself until then.

It's nice to read about everyone's progress.

Today is day 8 for me, and my first day back at work. I feel great, totally normal. A couple of students asked what was different about me. :)

I am struggling to get in my 3oz of Soup right now! It's amazing to me how little I feel like eating, though I do feel "hungry" (more like empty) every 2-3 hours. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I'm not. My "full" feeling comes and right after the last bite I want is a small hiccup, letting me know I'm done. It's great. My lunches and Snacks for the week all fit in a gallon size ziploc bag I keep them in 4oz tupperware containers made for dressing or salad toppings/cheese.

I have no problems with Soup. I just forget to drink when I'm working. Yogurts and liquids go down fine. pureed tuna was a no-go but I've had problems with tuna pre-op. I think I'm going to wait another week before I try mushy meats. My greek yogurts go down good and are 15g Protein for 6oz cup so I'm not in any rush to struggle with other foods.

So far I feel like I'm always drinking something and I haven't felt hungry or full in my stomach.

I would like to join a march face book

I would like to join a march face book

Me too!! How do we join the fb page?

Owowowowow. Sugar Free Chocolate (1 piece ok about 1-2x a week) does NOT like my new tiny tummy. Ugh. I want the nausea meds. And the cramp meds. And to sleep. Boo this junk, y'all.

Lets make on

Lets make one

Let me just say I am plum miserable with the diet. I feel so empty and that my body tells me I need food. I want like eggs or oatmeal, something solid! No one understands how hard it is to see people chowing down on solid foods... The smell...the torture. I have been so depressed today. I actually cried most of the day regretting the surgery while my family indulged in Easter dinner boiled crawfish, BBQ, cakes, pies, etc. gosh I need some serious motivation!

I so know how you feel!! I have had the same feelings!! I broke down and cooked 1/4 cup of egg beaters and did just fine!

I wish I was with you. Now that I am on soft foods, it seems like I do nothing but est, drink, take Vitamins. It takes awhile to eat too because i have no hunger or desire to eat snd I get bored half way through.

How much soft food are you eating? I eat a 6oz Greek yogurt over 30-45 mins (sometimes maybe longer) mostly because I am working while I eat. It goes down not quite as fast as liquids but it does slide for me pretty quickly. No psin or feelings of clogs or turkey dinner fullness. Cottage cheese doesn't and I've only been doing a quarter cup with a tbsp of hummus.

I started justifying a Hershey Kiss today. It reduces to a liquid' date=' which is the rule for me right now. Le sigh. This sh*t is hard. I spit it back out. Well, except the part that already melted. I also considered chewing and spitting a grilled chicken bite. Le sigh again. I need to sleep and start over tomorrow.[/quote']

Omg I started doing this too! I let the hershey kiss melt in my mouth. I also sucked on a watermelon and spit it out. I'm having a really hard day today with not being able to drink enough to satisfy my thirst. I was sleeved on 3/27. What's making it worse for me is I stalled on sunday, the day I started liquids. Haven't lost anything since even with walking. :-(