Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IF He Did It?????

LOL Im so grossed out when you talk about chicken waste... yuck. Not that its in any way relevant to the post, but yuck. LOL YUCKKKK.

It doesn't matter whether YOU think that what you are saying isn't offensive. What matters is the reaction of the people you are saying it to. If they find it offensive, it is by that standard, offensive.

In that case, I would like to say that I am offended by a LOT of things. This is a partial list. I hope that my community (a community that I do try and make a difference in, every chance I get) will do something about these offensive things, once I bring them to the mayor's attention.

1. Butt cleavage. I'm really tired of having to look at other people's underwear, but bare butt cleavage is even worse. If they don't pull up their pants, Spackle that sucker SHUT.

2. People in the Express Lane with more than 10 items. This should be at least a serious misdemeanor.

3. Rap music, although I don't really consider it "music". It's more like Dr. Seuss on crack.

4. "Gages". For the uninitiated, those are the things that some teenage boys have taken to wearing in HUGE holes in their earlobes. Holes the size of quarters. It hurts me to look at those things.

5. The price of drugs. I know all that crap about how much it costs to develop a new drug. I also own stock in Pfizer. I know how much the drug companies are raking in, and it's obscene. My IV Boniva costs $500.00. For a single dose. That's highway robbery.

6. People who assume that elderly folks are deaf, overweight people are lazy, and southerners are uneducated. Add to that, anyone who thinks dogs should be spanked and children shouldn't.

7. Jehovah's Witnesses who ring my doorbell at 7:30 AM on Saturday morning. Believe me, it isn't religious prejudice. I would be offended if the blessed Virgin herself woke me up on Saturday morning.

8. The salaries of professional sports players. What is wrong with our society that we value ballplayers over police officers, firefighters, teachers, and physicians?

9. Reality TV. What is going on with these people? Celebrity Fit Club? A Very Brady Wedding? Wife Swap? Surreal Life? Bridezilla? Have they no shame?????

10. And finally....I want to say that I am personally, morally, and deeply offended by George Bush. George Bush is offensive! I knew it! Thank you, Laurend for validating my opinion!

Carlene - I don't think its fair to Paris Hilton to group her with murderers. She makes millions, she has a tv reality show, perfumes, and Lord knows what all else. And why does she do it? Because she's a born busines woman. Whats wrong with a woman wanting to capitalize? Do you think the same of Donald Trump? Or is it ok for men to want to make money but not women? Maybe its the fact that her ex-boyfriend published private tapes, but there again, I don't think the fact that she had sex with her boyfriend makes her a villain.

You're right. I must be anti-feminist, as well as a racist. Imagine going my whole life without realizing that these terrible "ists" lurked just under the surface of my cute, perky persona.

Carlene, as a raiser of chickens, I want you to know that you have offended my flock by comparing OJ Simpson to their shit. It will not matter to me how many times you explain yourself or how ridiculous my outcries may be, my chickens remain offended and demand an immediate, groveling apology.

I can't say that I blame your chickens. However, since Kari has expressed that SHE was offended by the mere mention of chicken excrement, we now both owe HER an apology.

Someone get a pen and paper so we can keep score.

Thank you, Laurend for validating my opinion!
You're welcome, even though I am not sure why you are getting all sarcastic about stuff. As far as I knew, we were attempting to have a civil discussion. You made a comment that could be construed as being offensive. Nathalie and I pointed out what was offensive and tried to explain WHY it was offensive. No need to get bent out of shape.

The thing about offensive stuff is this: You change what you can. If it is something that you or I do that is offensive to other people, we try to change our behavior. It is part of respecting other people.

Carlene, as a raiser of chickens, I want you to know that you have offended my flock by comparing OJ Simpson to their shit. It will not matter to me how many times you explain yourself or how ridiculous my outcries may be, my chickens remain offended and demand an immediate, groveling apology.

Just in case your chickens are thinking of suing me in civil court, I think they should wait until I've written a chicken shit book, so there will at least be some meaningful accumulation of assets for them to attach. As it stands now, all my worldly goods don't amount to much more than chicken feed.

My chickens are not foolish enough to sue an admittedly broke woman. They would much prefer to engage in nonsensical arguments over the internet.

And since we are now all supposed to modify our behavior out of respect for those whom it offends, Carlene, would you kindly post a picture of you wearing something other than mustard yellow? My sense of fashion is seriously affronted.

You're welcome, even though I am not sure why you are getting all sarcastic about stuff. As far as I knew, we were attempting to have a civil discussion. You made a comment that could be construed as being offensive. Nathalie and I pointed out what was offensive and tried to explain WHY it was offensive. No need to get bent out of shape.

The thing about offensive stuff is this: You change what you can. If it is something that you or I do that is offensive to other people, we try to change our behavior. It is part of respecting other people.

Has it escaped your attention that neither you nor Nathalie are the offense police? I'm sorry, but contrary to what either of you might think, the two of you don't get to decide what's "offensive" and what isn't. You are, in fact, a minority of exactly two members who have posted to this thread. No one else thinks I was insulting the entire black race. Just you and Nathalie. Does that tell you anything?

And it stopped being a civil discussion long ago. Now it's just arguing for the sake of argument. And tiring. You have to admit, StrawartS post about the chickens was really funny, though.

You know, I give up. I was raised to believe that part of being a responsible adult is taking other people into consideration. You think before you say or do something. I fail to see what is so bad about doing that. You just don't say certain things and expect everyone around you to agree. I won't stay silent when someone is making jokes about the gay guy at the next table and I won't stay silent when someone makes a comment that is clearly questionable.

Don't agree with me? That's your right. But I went into this as an adult and I am finishing it as an adult. We modify our behavior every day. It is part of growing up. If we didn't, we would still be talking about things as if we were in pre-school and had no inkling of what was appropriate behavior.

Has it escaped your attention that neither you nor Nathalie are the offense police? I'm sorry, but contrary to what either of you might think, the two of you don't get to decide what's "offensive" and what isn't. You are, in fact, a minority of exactly two members who have posted to this thread. No one else thinks I was insulting the entire black race. Just you and Nathalie. Does that tell you anything?
You don't have to be of a certain persuasion be offended by something. And I am not acting as the offense police. I just tried to point out why I thought what you said was offensive. I am not gay, but I would still be offended if someone was talking about "the fags down the street." And I would still speak up about it. If people don't speak up, people see no reason to change their behavior.

And it stopped being a civil discussion long ago.

If it did, it wasn't because of me. I never spoke (wrote) to you with a sarcastic tone. I never insulted you.

And since we are now all supposed to modify our behavior out of respect for those whom it offends, Carlene, would you kindly post a picture of you wearing something other than mustard yellow? My sense of fashion is seriously affronted.

Remember, you asked for it.

post-204296-13813134389295_thumb.jpg

Oh my. I think you missed a button. Or four.

Carlene, you are HOT!

And you're sweet to say that. It makes my little old grandmotherly heart feel all warm and fuzzy. My DH now believes I have gone officially off the deep end. He was watching TV, nodding off like old men in recliners so often do, when here I come, bounding into the den, camera in hand, wearing only a Santa hat, my undies, and a candy striped blouse. "You have to take my picture", I said, thrusting the camera toward him as I take my place on the hearth.

"What for?" asks Mr. Carlene.

"For my friend on Lap Band Talk," I answer. "But don't worry...it's a female friend."

I'm sure that made him feel MUCH better.

By the way, I almost froze my tush off posing for that picture. Those bricks were COLD!

Mr. Carlene would be correct about you falling off the deep end. It's 28 degrees outside - put on some pants, grandma! I am, however, impressed with your ability to combine the holiday spirit with your hot granny cleavage in the ass crack middle of the night.