Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone recommend a surgeon in Mexico?

I have TriWest & it looks like their not going to be covering the sleeve anytime soon. :(

So now I'm thinking Mexico. My husband thinks I'm nuts but, I'm totally serious.

So far I've researched Dr. Guillermo Alvarez. Any recommendations would be great.

Thank you so much!

I decided on Dr. Lopez Through ALighterMe.com I had my surgery Nov 3rd at Mi hospital in TJ and everything went great. Feel free to message me if you want more info, or to know my personal journey thus far. Good luck on whoever you decide to go with ;)

Thank you so much, ladies! I will check them out. :)

I used Dr.Aceves. :) great experience. They have been really good with any questions I have had since surgery as well.

Good luck!

alvarez was my surgeon

Thank you everyone! Can I ask...Were you guys nervous about the slightest complication? Also, will your insurance company cover any expenses due to complications that may occur when you're home? My primary insurance doesn't cover anything Bariatric & my secondary doesn't cover the sleeve.

Thank you so much!

Nervous yes mu

Nervous yes my insurance does not cover baratrics. I have a apt on april 19 with my primary we will see if she's willing to follow me.

Dr. Garcia through ALighter Me

Hi Superstartover,

My primary doc is willing to take care of me but, what about an ER visit? Will you be covered if you have a leak or an infection?

Dr. Alejandro Lopez through alighterme.com. It was an awesome experience. They took such amazing care of me. I couldn't be happier.

WOW, thanks everyone....I have a lot of surgeons to check out! :D

Hi Superstartover' date='

My primary doc is willing to take care of me but, what about an ER visit? Will you be covered if you have a leak or an infection?[/quote']

I go to the va so likely yes and any emergency care should not be a problem...but yes I did take a risk that it may not be

I used Dr jaime Ponce de leon (through his coordinator Trish) and it was a great experience, Trish was fantastic and the care at the hospital was top notch. I have zero regrets!