Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please don't hate me, encourage me!

I got my Sleeve on March 18th which was also my Birthday. I thought it was completely serendipitous.

I have avoided the scale after weighed myself on Day 2 after surgery and noted a 10 pound weight gain.

I feel good physically most discomfort is at night. I am having a hard time getting in the recommended Water and Protein. It seems that eating and drinking takes all day.

I am at a stage 2 diet and I was told to eat/drink 1 oz of Fluid every 10 minutes. I am constantly watching the clock. It seems this will not be doable when I return to work. I know it has to be for my health's sake, I just can't see it in my mind's eye yet.

How long do we continue to need to sip every 10 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I can relate to the stress. I have a one and a two year old . I am also a single Mom. I think I have a huge learning curve a head of me. I am determined to be successful so I am building a support system. I am telling myself now to ask for help when needed. We all should.

I got my Sleeve on March 18th which was also my Birthday. I thought it was completely serendipitous.

I have avoided the scale after weighed myself on Day 2 after surgery and noted a 10 pound weight gain.

I feel good physically most discomfort is at night. I am having a hard time getting in the recommended Water and Protein. It seems that eating and drinking takes all day.

I am at a stage 2 diet and I was told to eat/drink 1 oz of Fluid every 10 minutes. I am constantly watching the clock. It seems this will not be doable when I return to work. I know it has to be for my health's sake, I just can't see it in my mind's eye yet.

How long do we continue to need to sip every 10 minutes?

I would give someone a phone call. Every 10 minutes is ok when you have nothing else to do and when you are early on but it is no way to live a life.

Sooooo.. I know this journey was very long, emotional, and time consuming for ALOT of you. But.. For me.. It wasn't. My insurance was fairly easy to get approved.. Did all my requirements pretty fast, then had the surgery. I'm thinking I jumped in to this WAY to fast. Is this just the infamous regretful stage post OP? Or have I made a huge mistake? Oh well.. Can't go back I guess. Just starting to get depressed.

I had a similar experience in that I just make up my mind one day, went to a seminar, and signed up the next day, and was sleeved within a couple of months. I had thought about it for years, but once I made up my mind, there were no barriers. During that two months while I was getting all the pre-op stuff done, I noticed I was mourning my really bad life style by making it my business to eat ALL of EVERTHING I ever wanted....and as I did it, I would think to myself this is going to be the last time I do this. Then, right after surgery, while still in the hospital, I had this shocked feeling of "what have I done?" The first month post op was super difficult. Eating and drinking was a chore. My life was revolving around food - the very thing I was trying to get away from, but now I was not enjoying it. Right around 6 weeks things turned around for me, and gradually I've progressed to the point where I feel pretty normal. ,I'm almost 4 months our now, and I can tell you, it is so much better!! And by normal, I mean that I'm no longer such a slave to food, either in a good or bad way. I follow the program, and eat right, and I'll admit that I do still think about food, or what to have, but it does not hold the same appeal for me that it once did. I can have a small portion of whatever, and I'm satisfied with it. That's the best feeling in the world. With each passing day, I'm happier that I did this. Your post just struck a cord with me, and just wanted to share that with you. You are probably in what I found to be the most difficult time period, so just hang in there a little longer. The combination of a healed body and significant drop in weight is a really powerful mood booster :)

My surgery was March 18. I'm less that 2 weeks out. I've lost 35lbs since starting my 2 week pre op.

Wow you've lost a great amount of weight I'm 15 weeks post op and all I've lost so far has been 42 pounds :-/ so imagine how I feel

Sooooo.. I know this journey was very long' date=' emotional, and time consuming for ALOT of you. But.. For me.. It wasn't. My insurance was fairly easy to get approved.. Did all my requirements pretty fast, then had the surgery. I'm thinking I jumped in to this WAY to fast. Is this just the infamous regretful stage post OP? Or have I made a huge mistake? Oh well.. Can't go back I guess. Just starting to get depressed.[/quote']

Hi Ashbhey I feel the same as you. I keep questioning myself if I made the right decision or not because it takes way to long to eat. I choked on thinned cream of wheat the other day, I was eating it fast and it was a very bad feeling- I just couldn't believe it. I also got to full off of Jello once and was like are you kidding me? I didn't go into the surgery quickly though, I had to do a 6 month diet per my insurance and by the time everything else got completed and scheduled 9 months had passed. All I can tell you is that the people who are farther out than us keeps reassuring me that it will get better. I was sleeved on the 18th of March and so far it had gotten better each day but it is just hard because we have to learn and relearn some things. This forum is a life saver because you can talk to people who have been where you are, so don't be shy and ask away.

I think alot of it is stress. I started my pre op and quit smoking on the same day. Now' date=' when I'm stressed.. What can I do? I can't smoke. I can't eat my feelings. Not saying these are necessarily bad things, but I'm sooooo overwhelmed. And I just feel lost. I feel like I'm resenting the surgery. I want to be healthy, and of course want to be shinny and dress cute and be able to play with my girls.. But 3 years from now.. I'm gonna want some birthday cake on my husbands birthday.. Or a soda.. Or whatever. Idk.. Just depressed.[/quote']

You will be able to have cake on birthdays, just less! Take a bite and be done with it! As long as you eat enough Protein and make smart food choices most of the time, a bite of something wont poison you. Turn your negatives into positives! I can eat right, feel better, look amazing and have a bite of that. Woo hoo!!