Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

Hello Y'all!

Just got home from shopping and I am tired! Well, I didn't just get home, I came home put the junk away, swept the floors, cleaned up a little and then came here!

Must be the week for problems for all of us~ I got in the car to go this morning, and it was turning hard, I figured the tire was low on air because it does that when it gets low. I pulled in the station and checked it out and it was so low I don't know how I kept from damaging it! I had to go inside the store and get change for the air machine (which burns my arse) and put air in it. Then I went up to the tire store and had them check it out. I had a nail in it so they repaired it. I am so happy I didn't just keep going and got on the freeway going 70 mph and had it really get me. My angel was watching over me!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kat - Isn't it funny how "what goes around comes around"? My DM always told me that, and it really is true. Glad you stuck to your guns. Sorry about the fridge, hopefully you'll get it fixed before the day is out. I bough a Maytag stove when they first came out because I like the Magtay washer/dryer I had. It turned out to be junk, and I got rid of it. I think their name is all they have going for them right now.

Sherry - I believe sometimes when we eat more we do lose! When I eat very little, I usually gain, seems it wants to hold on to every ounce. Of course for some reason, it is holding onto all those cookies/candy I ate last week!:)

Chrispy - Gosh, I will be glad when you close that door and walk away. He sounds like a real loser! Usually it is the person above that bothers the person below. Nuts! Think of something good to leave him with when you leave!:biggrin1:

Cass - Glad the wedding plans are taking hold!

Mary - Glad you were safe! Sorry about the keys, I think we have all done that at least once.

Cindy - Glad you are feeling better, I feel much better too! I think I caught it before it got too bad and just doped myself up! Love them drugs!:) :girl_hug:

Eileen - Looking forward to those pictures! Whoooo hoooo on the new camera~

Anne - Congrats on the job!

Mandy - I am still waiting on some pictures of you in those pretty 12"s!

Beanie - Have fun with the girls tomorrow!

Well, I have more work to get done, so I better get my butt moving.

Howdy, everyone!

Day 4 of the "Crud" (is that Mary who made up that name?) going here...this thing's got some staying power! I did get moving this morning and made it to my school staff "reunion" breakfast...very nice to see everyone. I know, I know...I haven't been gone that long! But the other people have, so it was good to see them!

Betty - I'm glad you had the forethought to have that tire checked! I know it wasn't in your plans, but it would have been worse if you hadn't! Stuff like that is soooo annoying!

Kat, all I can say is keep teaching manners to your family members. There's only one way to do it, and that is by sticking with your standards. They will learn sooner or later that some things do not fly with Kat! Then, your life will be simpler, and their's will be more complicated, which is the GOAL! LOL! Have fun at your party!

Anne - CONGRATULATIONS on your new (old) job! I bet you are excited! How funny, that you are starting work, while I am leaving it...the circle of life and all that. Keep us posted about all the new stuff you are going to do!

Cass, glad you stopped by and glad to hear also that you have your big reservations made...now for colors and styles and flowers and all the fun stuff!

Eileen...I figured with all the James Brown coverage, you would be singing one of his songs...or maybe Johnny Cash is the anti-James Brown? Isn't it odd that there are 3 deaths in the news this weekend, and they are all so very different? James Brown, Gerald Ford, and Saddam Hussein. Can you get further apart than those three? (That is NOT a challenge, just a casual observation).

Dianne - hope you get back on here pretty soon...missed you!

Sherry - my favorite subject: why we lose weight when we eat wrong; and why we gain when we are eating "right." Sorry, I don't know. But for me, if I set up a challenge or a goal date, I blow it everytime. I just do better ignoring it, and trying not to obsess about it...I have definitely not been thinking about what I am eating lately, and I have been losing very steadily. It doesn't make sense, but it is the truth. Try just "going with the flow" if it means you don't lose total control...see how it works for you.

Hey, I know I missed some of you...but I've gotta hit the laundry room...

hugs, Cindy

I love Johnny Cash!!! That is a great song to have stuck in your head!

On the wedding plans, we are up to about 115 people!

I have begun to look at wedding dresses online to get some ideas, but I havent actually tried any on! I'll have to send you all links to the dresses I am thinking of!

My weightloss has been at a standstill as my counter shows, but at least I havent gained any through the holidays! I am so excited about getting my fill on Jan. 5th!!!

f06_F11752.jpg

Here is a picture of the bridesmaid dress I am thinking about! Most of my bridesmaids are plus sized women so I have to find a dress that will compliment their frames! Actually it is kind of funny, a brown haired plus sized bride, matron of honor, two bridesmaids and a size 0 blonde maid of honor (who happends to be my best friend!)

My sister and brother in law have made a wedding website for Joe and I where you can check them all out!! www.cassandra-joe.com

Cass the dress is beautiful. I saw that one when I was looking for mine. I peeked at the navy blue insert one :)

I got my dresses...yeap had to buy two because I got nervous one wasn't going to fit so bought the same dress in two sizes lol......on ebay. They were floor models of the bridal shops so never worn but, were tried on. It worked out great! I really should get the one I didn't wear back on ebay though....I wish I weren't so nervous selling stuff on there. Did it a few times and made myself a wreck. I was worried the people wouldn't get their items after I mailed them. Anyway...I got each dress that sold for $750 in one salon and $850 in another for $199 each. you might want to take a peek there.

Cindy...that's what I'm going to do...just go about my business through the holiday and see what happens. I won't over do the bad stuff but, if it's there and I'm hungry and want a piece I'll have it ;)

Betty...I'm glad you looked at that tire! Gosh that's scarey stuff especially on highways. I have to travel the highway to work everyday and always check my tires before I take off. Just scares me to think of going fast with a low tire. Glad to hear you're foot is doing ok too. What ya making for New Years?

Anne - I must of missed something...I'll have to go back and check. Did you take the job? Last I read you were asked to come back and you were going to speak to someone. Good luck!

Patty - I hope you're doing well and the boys are feeling fine. Haven't heard from you in a bit...know that we're thinking of ya.

Pat - When are you coming back to play? Any wacky employees lately? I had to let one go just after Thanksgiving. UGH. She cried, pleaded but, I had no choice she wasn't a good fit for the job. Now I'm still in the middle of training my replacements and need to learn my new job too. SLOW pace isn't the word for it. But we need to replace my replacements first, train then, then train me.....Hmmm maybe sometime in the next year I'll be doing my new job lol

well...I'm going to peek around some more. See if I can help a newbie or two.

Anyone making something special for New Years dinner? I'm turkey'd out so we're having prime rib. Mom is paying for that...cripe it's way too much money for a piece of meat to me especially when I can barely eat it lol. But she really wants it so DH will cook it. We're having basic baked potatos, greenbeans and corn with it. I have no clue what else to make. I still have pie left over from Thanksgiving so I'm not baking anything....right now anyway lol. I might change my mind depending on the weather.

Catch up with ya'll later taters!

Good Morning and

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

We have neighbors coming over tonight so I have to finish cleaning and shower dd and myself. food is just appetizer style, a little of this and a little of that LOL. Thats about it.

Sherry, I don't get it with the WL thing either. I've been eating like a pig and the scale doesn't move. I'm not complaining one bit....but just find it odd (and loving it really) LOL

Crispy that neighbor is a wacko... hang in there.

Cassy those dresses are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen any like them before. When I got married the typical brides maid dresses were big and poofy and thats what they picked (the girls in my wedding that is LOLOL) I let them pick the style and I picked the color.

Cindy your Breakfast sounded like fun...hopefully you'll be feeing better soon ;)

Betty, its scary when you think about the tire or something like that happening. Yep your angle is watching you for sure. My car door is electric and broke this week as well LOLOL, life could be worse eh~

Kat, your neice is a pip isn't she. Does she think the world stops for her? Its funny b/c every family has one or two like that. Don't let it bother you, spare the rod, spoil the child huh. Hug to you sweet lady. How was the party last night?

Here's a picture of me and Dianne... my 5 year old took it LOLOL

post-204862-1381313447393_thumb.jpg

Good Morning Y'all!

Just got back from the store AGAIN, had to go get some stuff for tonight. We are have the neighbors over too, so needed some last minute stuff, you know all the fattening stuff!;):) :bananajump: Last day of the year, we might just as well enjoy it and start fresh tomorrow. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Eileen - You and Dianne are beautiful! You have the prettiest eyes! Have fun tonight at your party!

Well, got to get busy, things to make and house to get cleaned up. I just wanted to stop by and say:

Happy New Year!

If you are going out, be careful! We want to see each and everyone of you back here in good shape!;)

It's a little difficult typing with a dog hanging onto your arm, but I'm gonna give it my best shot..my little Mickey (mini-Schnauzer) is in my lap, with his head across my elbow. If I don't pick him up, he takes his nose and shoves the keyboard try back out of the way so he can get my attention. It works.

Cass, I LOVE that wedding dress!!!!! It sure will be hard to pick a size, though...I know I could not even visualize losing this much weight, and how much different I look. I guess you can talk to the store about timelines for ordering and alterations, and order as late as you can stand it!

We are doing our usual New Year's Eve thing, which is staying home with the family. We have a seafood dinner and sparkling grape juice, and other appetizers. DH is going to pick out some crab legs and shrimp in a little while. Since we are the non-drinking part of the family, we don't garner many invites if you know what I mean. This is fine with us...we are afraid of driving on "amateur night" anyway. We enjoy our family time together, and making a celebration for DD!

Let me hear from you TEXAS girls...confirm the time for tomorrow's coffee meeting! I am not sure if it was 2 or 3 o'clock.

Happy New Year's to all!

I forgot to say...Eileen and Dianne...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting us take a peek, and tell your DD that she did a great job as photographer!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Wanted to wish you all a very Happy New Year and let you know I wish nothing but the best year ever for you all. Thank you for being a friend!

Love and Angel Hugs!

Happy New Year Wishes to you all!!!

Eileen and Dianne... You are both so beautiful!

HI DARCY GIRL!!!!!

I miss you around here...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I hope each and every one of you has a fun and safe night tonight...take it easy if you're out there, and toast to your success wherever you are. I will be sending a toast up for all of us (with sparkling grape juice..hope that counts!)

I'll check back in the morning, before the Rose Parade!

HUGS!

Cindy

:party: :):o :woot: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Hoping you all have a great and safe

Happy New Year and I look forward to sharing friendship and support with all of you in 2007---what a blessing it has been to have you all in my life!!!

Kat