Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok.. this may be nasty to some but anyways.. I had surgery 4 weeks ago and 2 of my incisions got infected. Its pussed and oozed for a couple days so I went back to the drs and he poked and squeezed and scraped.. OUCH! Anyways I had a problem messing with em bc I kept botherin them and squeezing them to get the puss out. Finally I got smart and said.. well if ya leave them damn things alone they'll heal. Well I stopped messing with them and they started to improve but atill alot of draining. Yesterday I squeezed one a lil bit (I forgot to mention they develop lil holes in the incision naturally to drain) and out came something.. imm looking like WTF.. rubbed it a lil and out came a stitch that never dissolved. Thats y it was infected... the dr did say that when I walked in saying thats usually th cause... so in a matter of a couple hours that ones is 90% better. No leaking and scabbed over... this other one though has this stitch just hanging out. Getting to my point.. will they naturally come out since obviously my body is trying to get rid of this... or what?

omg Michelle. That's horrible. I don't have the answer to your question and I'm sorry for that but I have a couple of incisions that got a little infected and while they are getting better, what a hassle! Ya have to deal with the surgery itself, the healing in general, the major life change that you've made, AND an infection too?? What a crock that is! I hope you get better real soon.

Those are called suture granulomas - for some reason they don't dissolve and your body reject them - which is why your skin opened up. Some people just get them, and usually work their way out. I had one, too. I also had an abscess at that same incision, and my Dr. pulled it out when he was probing the wound. That's great that the one is healing already.

Well... I know I know... I tried pullin a lil at the one that isnt healed put it hurt a lil so I stopped

Oh goodness, if there are anymore I would assume that your body will reject them. Have you tried putting on bacitracin or just some neosporin?? Feel better

Yeah I wash it nightly and put on neosporin and bandage it up... it doesnt hurt and I feel great.. I just am tired of that incision nonsense

:( Well...I hope it goes away and fast!

Well its been doing this since last monday.. so yeah.. needs to get the f♡Ck out!

I'm 4 weeks post op as well and yesterday I pulled out a bit of suture line from one of my incisions! It was so creepy!! I didn't get an infection but it was still weird :) Hope you heal up fast!!

Two of mine got infected, and the same thing happened. Every one of my incisions had rejected sutures tho.

Two of mine got infected' date=' and the same thing happened. Every one of my incisions had rejected sutures tho.[/quote']

What happned? Did they get all ***** n nasty? Did they come out on their own?

Okay they bleeped out a word that wasnt even a cussword. . Almost though

Yes, they came out on their own. The two that got infected took two weeks for the suture to pop out. The other incisions had the stitch showing thru at about month one. I just pulled those out.

I cleaned the infected ones with peroxide per my doctor's instructions. He said no ointment.

Gotcha.. I will stop the ointment and start peroxide. Its almoat 2 weeks since it all started... did the ones that where infected have lil holes like mine?