Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here! Any low BMIers?

My surgery is may2 my pre op diet starts April 18 I started at 36 bmi now im at 34.8 im doing weight watchers so to get my mind straight with eating right and logging my food. I've lost 11.5 pounds in 5 weeks I just wonder about how I will feel after I have a band that never worked for me but it cause severe reflux and esophagus dilation so it has to come out ive been unfilled for 6 weeks lets stay in touch

Hi there, I'm 5'6, had a bmi of 35 and weighed 223. I have lost 32.4 lbs in 10 weeks!

Calebsmom thats awesome

Thank you tlah! It feels slow going at times...sometimes I won't see the scale move for a few days or even go up a little! Then suddenly it will pick right back up and it just melts away. I love my sleeve and have no regrets. Best thing I ever did :)

Calebsmom how did you feel the first few days im gonna be a revision

Calebsmom how did you feel the first few days im gonna be a revision

I'd say for me, it was days 1 and 2 and a little of day 3, after that I wasn't in any pain, (but did feel tired if I tried to do too much walking or moving around.) Days 1 and 2, I slept most of the time. I was in and out of sleep from my meds and just recovering from the anesthesia and the fatigue surgery brings. Day 2 was rough because I dry heaved a few times - this was only when I sat up or got up to walk to the restroom....the movement of getting up and down.....but I believe that was brought on from the anesthesia leaving my system. I was sore and needed help lifting up out of bed during that time. I really turned the corner on day 4 and by days 5 and 6 I was getting up and out of bed on my own, and feeling more and more like myself! Overall, I was amazed at how quickly I bounced back but I made sure to take my meds as prescribed and sip my fluids. The short amount of time to recover was really amazing when you consider it was surgery - overall, for ME(everyone is different), days 1 and 2 = hard. Downhill from there! :) Hope this helps

I have a low BMI right now of 31.1 but I've lost and gained more than 500 lbs over the past 5 years, so I was approved for surgery on may 15 2013. I'm 5'2 and 170 lbs, but my goal is 120-125. What are the chances of achieving this goal with an already low BMI? Is it true you don't lose the weight?

What did it for me was when my BMI of 32.2 said i was obese. That word was the sign for me.

Did you have your surgery yet?

No. Monday. I'm really nervous about it tonight. And I think I'm crazy for doing it at the low BMI but I'm so sick of getting heavier every year. My family is obese and It is not healthy for me to yoyo diet the way I do.

I started with a bmi of 35 weight 187. My surgery was 11/26/12, size 14. I am now 130 lbs, size 6. Woohoo!!! Best decision I've ever made!!!

Thank you! That helps me! Did you tell people that you were having it done? Did they think you were crazy?

It wasn't a secret but I didn't tell many people. Got some encouragement some negative response ( mostly I think from jealousy). Mostly positive feedback though. Heard a lot.."you don't need that, you're not fat"... I was 5'1 and 186 lbs....I know I was fat!!! Lol My knees and ankles feel so much better.

Me too!!! I want results like that, and I have people telling me I'm crazy, but also understanding that it's not healthy to bounce around from 200 lbs to 140lbs twice a year, and I'm TIRED of the struggle. Fingers crossed!! Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted!!