Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here! Any low BMIers?

Hi!! I'm 30 too & having surgery May 11 dr Garcia in Mexico ... We should swap emails as we are so similar in stats!

Rebecca

That's a good idea, I'm just not sure how to do that?

My bmi went from 40 and no co morb to 32.9 and weight from 247 to 198. Im one pound from a total of 50 and its making me nuts but the scale inches down every 3~4 days.

I was a low BMI weighing 206 and 5'1. I had surgery November 27th. I weigh 150 presently. Twenty five pounds away from my goal in 4 and a half short months! So happy!

I was a low BMI weighing 206 and 5'1. I had surgery November 27th. I weigh 150 presently. Twenty five pounds away from my goal in 4 and a half short months! So happy!

Im your weight and height but im a revision on may 2 any suggestions

I was bmi 32 and now have a bmi of 23 (140 lbs at 5'5"). Best 17' date='000 I've ever spent![/quote']

This is amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing this!!! fingers crossed that I'll get there too!!

This is amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing this!!! fingers crossed that I'll get there too!!

You will. It all happened in the first 6 months. I'm at 8 1/2 months and can't seem to lose any more. Which is fine...if I am maintain here I will be very happy. But I'd like to lose a few more to have a good range (135-140). It's MUCH harder now.

Im your weight and height but im a revision on may 2 any suggestions

Because we are at a lower starting weight we tend to lose slower. I take in all my Water and more- but my main tip is staying away from bread, crackers, Pasta, etc. until you meet your goal weight. It hasn't been easy, but I feel I would be heavier right now if I was eating those things. I get in at least 75 grams of Protein and between 800 to 1000 calories.

Because we are at a lower starting weight we tend to lose slower. I take in all my Water and more- but my main tip is staying away from bread' date=' crackers, Pasta, etc. until you meet your goal weight. It hasn't been easy, but I feel I would be heavier right now if I was eating those things. I get in at least 75 grams of Protein and between 800 to 1000 calories.[/quote']

Do you also work out a lot? Is it possible to meet goal weight without hating my life at the gym?

Do you also work out a lot? Is it possible to meet goal weight without hating my life at the gym?

I think once you see your new body emerging you'll want to go to the gym and sculpt your new sexy body!! X

Honestly, I have three kiddos ages 2,3, and 4 that keep me on my feet all day. But as far as actual exercise- I run 15 minutes every other day on the treadmill. I used to do 30 minutes walking but over time can get the same distance and get my heart rate up when I do 15 on the treadmill at an incline. I don't go to the gym. Not in the budget I am still losing very steadily.

I was close to that but not quite that low mine was 39.9 I am 5'2 and was 218 on surgery day11/7/2012.I am 160 today and 30ish lbs from goal @ 5 months.

It's really inspiring to hear of the success other low BMI sleevers! I am 5'6", 217 lbs with a BMI of 35. My goal is to get down to 145, even if it takes more time. I'm working on getting in better shape for the surgery and beyond with beginning workouts on a recumbent bike and elliptical trainer (just started this weekend). It's going to get hot here in Vegas soon so having this equipment at the house will be my "no excuses" method to get exercise while keeping hydrated. Uh...that and going up and down the stairs in my 3-story house. My daughter even works out with me so I have a home-gym buddy. Bring on May 17th!!