Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie going through Options program

So I've just completed class 8 out of 12. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm scared not sure what to look forward to, but the end result I hope will outweigh it all. I'm hoping for some insight and advise.

I'm hearing about stalls and plateau at 3 wks out which I thought didn't really happen until a couple months out. Is this common?

Anyway I'm 30, married with 2 little boys. Started the program at 272, and I'm 265. Kaiser expects 10% weight loss while in Options Class.

I would LOVE to hear from you all

Ps I'm terrified about loose skin after weight loss... Can we see pics on here?

Thanks guys!

So I've just completed class 8 out of 12. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm scared not sure what to look forward to' date=' but the end result I hope will outweigh it all. I'm hoping for some insight and advise.

I'm hearing about stalls and plateau at 3 wks out which I thought didn't really happen until a couple months out. Is this common?

Anyway I'm 30, married with 2 little boys. Started the program at 272, and I'm 265. Kaiser expects 10% weight loss while in Options Class.

Thanks guys![/quote']

The one thing you should definitely be looking forward to is a new you!!! Every person is different so stalls might happen at different points. People with a higher BMI are going to lose weight at a more consistent rate because they have more to lose. Remember that stalls will happen to EVERYONE! You might just have to change something up (excercise more or change your eating a little bit). And you have to be patient(something I'm not very good at but will have to learn soon). Being nervous and scared is perfectly normal. My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday and I'm all over the place emotionally!!! In the end it's all worth it!!! Good Luck on your journey!

So I've just completed class 8 out of 12. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm scared not sure what to look forward to, but the end result I hope will outweigh it all. I'm hoping for some insight and advise.

Thanks guys!

. Greetings and welcome..... I did the options classes as well. A lot of the info you get in those classes will not click until post op. It is normal to be nervous / afraid. This is a big decision and should not be taken lightly. It will completely change your life. That being said this is the best decision I have ever made. I am 4 1/2 months post op. I have yet to hit a stall. I had a few weeks in a row where I only lost 1 lb. but no stall.... No secrets or special tricks. I am sure a stall will come for me at some point. I stay very active.... They more weight I lose the easier that becomes. This web site helped me so much right after surgery. I have been on this site every since. My life feels more "normal" now. In the beginning it is a lot to get used to.... You will have to adjust to having a tiny stomach. But, once you do you will love! It is like having built in Portion Control. For me that has been a freedom I sought after all my life! I wish you the bests with your journey! Sincerely, Tina

Hi, I just finished my options classes yesterday. They are very informative. I just got an email today that my chart was sent for approval and I should have an answer in about a week. So excited and nervous. What kaiser do go to?

I go to kaiser in Carson, Ca. I didn't know that after class your chart is still sent for approval. How does that work?

The email I recieved today said that my chart was being sent for approval clearance. I'm sure it's just to see if your ready and have done all your labs. And to see if they want you to lose more weight before surgery.

Just make sure you don't miss any classes. Because one of the girls in my class did and now she has to wait till may to make it up then move forward. So I'm not sure how soon you want your surgery but that just might make it take a little longer.

What r option classes

Hello everyone

I just completed my six month supervised diet program that United Health Care required. I received my approval last week as well. My surgeon requires an Upper GI before surgery and I complete that on April 1 and I will get my surgery date on April 1. Im so so so excited to finally have a chance for a healthier me. I have researched this surgery for the last two years and finally made the decision to go for it. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

What r option classes

Options Classes are 3 months of weekly classes Kaiser Hospital requires each patient to take. They give you a huge binder full of info and it is all in prep for the before and after surgery info the patients need. I had to take them and I am glad I did!

Hello,

I go to Kaiser Sunset in LA. Referral to Options class was submitted by my Dr. Last week. Waiting to hear from them. My BMI is 36 not 40. I'm not sure if I will qualify for program. I'm 5'5", 225lbs, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, and radiculopathy due to lumbar herniations (3 bulging discs). I'm in constant pain bcuz of fibro and wondering if losing the weight will help me with the pain. Does anyone have fibro and undergone the surgery? Please share your experience before and after. Thanks!