Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:( someone keep my mind straight

I'm 5 days post op. I'm on a full liquid diet for another week and 2 days. My husband is making an egg sandwich for himself, and grilled cheeses for our twin girls. I just want one bite. No worries, I'm not actually gonna take a bite.. But dang I want one! I need something else to "eat" (drink) to change things up. Any good things that aren't popsicles or broth or Protein Shakes? I just want some variety...

I know the feeling. 11 days post op. I gave in around 9 days and nutritionist told me I could have eggs. Was the best thing ever!

I am glad. That you are feeling good enough to want to eat. Count your blessings. I surely did not care about any food at 5 days post op. I was struggling to getrotein and fluids in.

I am glad. That you are feeling good enough to want to eat. Count your blessings. I surely did not care about any food at 5 days post op. I was struggling to getrotein and fluids in.

Oh.. I'm not by any means getting my required Protein in.. These grilled sandwiches just smell so so good.

Hi, you just brought back a distant memory!

I am 2 1/2 yrs post sleeve now but I remember the day I came home from hospital, 5 days post op too, and my hubby cooked bacon and chips for him and the kids! You're right, the smells we soooo good, and tauted me too.

I settled for some asparagus Soup... Good, but I imagined it was bacon soup!

Don't worry, this highented sense of smell will soon go!

Try not to worry about all the different requirements at this stage, just focus on recovering and healing.

Good luck!

Have you tried the Jello blender recipie?

I vaguely remember it from when I was a kid. It had to do with whipping up 1/2 the pack of hello with milk & hot Water in a blender & then making the other 1/2 regular but you make 1/2 let it gel & then layer on the other 1/2.

Gives the Jello a different taste & texture.

I have been having tomatoe Soup (creamy). It tastes so good... I have slso been having cream of wheat slso adding some xtr prtien powder.... Yummy. Its hard i prefer salty food. I did cream of chicken and also cream of potatoe and strained out chunks and meat very flavorful can only eat 4 oz

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I enjoy bean Soups blended until smooth. And sf pudding. Yum!

Tonight I put meatless chili in a blender with a smudge of sharp cheddar and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, blended til smooth, and heated til cheese was melted. Wasn't grilled cheese(but seriously...what is..) but it was satisfying.

amymorrison29 on MyFitnessPal!

I have been having tomatoe Soup (creamy). It tastes so good... I have slso been having cream of wheat slso adding some xtr prtien powder.... Yummy. Its hard i prefer salty food. I did cream of chicken and also cream of potatoe and strained out chunks and meat very flavorful can only eat 4 oz

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I can't have that stuff til pureed stage tho :( I'm sooooo looking forward to cream of wheat.. It was a childhood favorite!