Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I wanted to see how many May 2013 sleevers there are! :D What are you doing at this point to prepare for surgery? What are your stats?

I am scheduled for May 15th. So excited, but nervous!! I am currently 260 and my highest was 268 in February. I plan to get down to at least 250 before the two week Protein diet prior to my surgery. My goal weight is 150 which I haven't been at in about 7 years! I started my journey in January of this year. I was fortunate enough that my insurance approved me without requiring a 6 month monitored diet. I have a good amount of support, didn't start off that way though. First responses were "you're taking the easy way out", so I took them to information seminars which completely changed their views (whew!). I am extremely excited for the surgery because it's a new me. I can completely change my life habits around and start feeling better about myself physically and mentally. When I think back, I've realized my weight has kept me from making friends, going in public, and just plain living life!

I would love to hear all of your stories thus far and how your journey to getting sleeved has been! :D

Thanks!!

- Brooke

I'm hoping to be scheduled for the end of may. I've been on a 3 month medically supervised weight loss. I lost 5lbs this month but my dr wants 15 more before surgery.

Any ideas on how to loose so much so fast?

Brooke....I'm a May 2012 sleever. All I can say is....best decision I ever made. This whole time, my mantra has always been "think where you'll be a year from now." Every time I things got tough, that's what I told myself. I've been telling myself that since I started my 6 month supervised diet way back in November 2011. I kept saying it right through the pre op diet, and the post op liquids. Still telling myself that.

But here it is getting close to a year post op and I feel like I have a new life. Yes, I'm still me...with all the flaws and stresses that come with that. But so many doors are open now that weren't before. And I have more hope for the future than I ever thought possible. I am brimming with optimism and enthusiasm. No more hiding, no more excuses.

Yes it takes work. It is certainly not "easy." There are times when you're going to want to take a hammer to your scale. And there are going to be times when you'll want to drown your frustrations in a plate full of unhealthy food. But you fight those battles and prevail. And one day, maybe this time next year, you wake up and realize that you are a new person in a new body with a new attitude. Makes everything worthwhile.

I'm hoping to be scheduled for the end of may. I've been on a 3 month medically supervised weight loss. I lost 5lbs this month but my dr wants 15 more before surgery.

Do what you can. Exercise everyday and eat as healthy as possible (obviously). Drink tons of Water and make your portion sizes smaller. If you really really stick to that there is no way you wont be able to lose more weight. 15 lbs? I'm not sure but as long as you show you are trying your hardest your doctor should work with you. I'm also in nursing school and just got done taking a nutrition class. Write down EVERYTHING you eat, and make a small note next to everything you eat stating what kind of mood you were in. My nutritionist told me to do it and it's crazy how much emotional eating I was doing!!

Good luck with your weight loss!!

Brooke....I'm a May 2012 sleever. All I can say is....best decision I ever made. This whole time, my mantra has always been "think where you'll be a year from now." Every time I things got tough, that's what I told myself. I've been telling myself that since I started my 6 month supervised diet way back in November 2011. I kept saying it right through the pre op diet, and the post op liquids. Still telling myself that.

But here it is getting close to a year post op and I feel like I have a new life. Yes, I'm still me...with all the flaws and stresses that come with that. But so many doors are open now that weren't before. And I have more hope for the future than I ever thought possible. I am brimming with optimism and enthusiasm. No more hiding, no more excuses.

Yes it takes work. It is certainly not "easy." There are times when you're going to want to take a hammer to your scale. And there are going to be times when you'll want to drown your frustrations in a plate full of unhealthy food. But you fight those battles and prevail. And one day, maybe this time next year, you wake up and realize that you are a new person in a new body with a new attitude. Makes everything worthwhile.

Well said Butterthebean. I got teary eyed reading that. Congratulations on your weight loss and it is so good to hear that, especially from someone with experience! :)

Thanks. I joined a 5k training group once a week and got a trainer for another day a week. I've been making it to the gym 5 days a week. Eating is what I'm working on. The doctor said 20lbs in the 3 months but it is really only 2 because my initial visit counted as my first month.

Im a may sleever.... Hopefully. My surgeon gave me a tentative date of may 10th. As long as my egd goes well im in. Fingers crossed.

.. As of now ive been having the Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then a sensible(sometimes) dinner..... Lol. Im also trying to implement some excersizing in....my excuse is i dont have the time.... my highest weight was 344. Now 330..... Goal is under 200.

I went on full liquids 10 days before surgery and lost 15 pounds. Basically nothing but Protein shakes and Soup broth. All I wanted. I didn't have to go hungry. I guarantee you'll lose it like that. It's just not sustainable over the long haul. If it was, we wouldn't need surgery. But if you need to lose some weight quick by a certain date, this will do it.

I am in the 4th month of my 6 month physician monitored diet. I am hoping to be scheduled in May. I am actually in nursing school as well and will be pinned 5/17. I am hoping to aim for surgery the next week! This will give me time to recover while studying for boards and applying for jobs.

I have been overweight all of my life. I cannot remember a time that I was "ideal weight". I am so excited to have this chance to turn over a new leaf!

I always thought I could do it on my own. But, after countless failed attempts I am done. I want to show my children the picture of health and I can't do that at this time!

On 1/1/13 I weighed 271lbs, today I weigh 262. I have 20 more to go before surgery! We CAN do this!!!!

Hi, everyone! May 6 is my scheduled date. I still have one more appt in April to complete the six month insurance requirement then I should be set.

My surgery is scheduled for May 28th. i have always been bigger than most, my highest weight was 280, I would like to get down to 170-165. My mother is supportive, but my daughters father, and older sister feel I am taking the easy way out. I have not been in the 100's since grade school. So Im looking forward to this new change. I am so grateful to have found a forum that is supportive.

My date is May 20th. Surgery in Houston,Tx. I'm 5 8 and my highest weight 248. Went to doctor today and weigh 242 . The first change I decided to make was no sodas the month of March. Note I've been cutting down on the white stuff, bread, sugar, potatoes, rice. Next get moving. I really have no set weight. My goals are to be rid of medications!! But my surgeon says I will lose about 65/70 pounds. I have been over 200 pounds for 20+ years. I am 45 and my husband is my only support family wise. I have told one co worker, she supports me. I have a gastric bypass friend that is supportive. I told my 16 year old and it was a teary conversation on her part. But I'm determined to not be on these 10 pills a day.

My date is May 20th. Surgery in Houston' date='Tx. I'm 5 8 and my highest weight 248. Went to doctor today and weigh 242 . The first change I decided to make was no sodas the month of March. Note I've been cutting down on the white stuff, bread, sugar, potatoes, rice. Next get moving. I really have no set weight. My goals are to be rid of medications!! But my surgeon says I will lose about 65/70 pounds. I have been over 200 pounds for 20+ years. I am 45 and my husband is my only support family wise. I have told one co worker, she supports me. I have a gastric bypass friend that is supportive. I told my 16 year old and it was a teary conversation on her part. But I'm determined to not be on these 10 pills a day.[/quote']

We are at almost the same starting point. I'm 5'7, 277, 30yrs. I am trying to cut back on all of the above. My surgery date is 5/28/13, I am so happy to start a healthier life.

I believe I was my highest 336 before I started the education sessions, and I got down to 318 at the last appointment a month and a half are so ago. I think I may have ain a few back, but I also do toning with weights for the top areas, so I know Ive gain some muscle mass. But Im still doing the smaller serving , no sodas, ect. I just dont watch my weight as I used to in the past, I needed a break from it, well until May 28 and I will go back to regular weight in again. I also had a goal to cut back on meds like you, and I did accomplish some of that already.

My surgery is set for may 21

I just found out today that I was approved. I'm not sure my date yet, but either later April or early May. I want to get to the loser side.

I've lost 35 (+/- 2 pounds) over the last 4 months. I've eliminated soda, Pasta and breads from my diet and that has really helped out. I eat Protein every meal and really just think about what I'm eating before i eat it. I've binged and been bad, then I just make up for it on the flip side. I had been getting up a 5am 3-4 times a week to exercise but I've been lazy the past two weeks. I got back on the horse today and now that I'm approved I want to lose more before I have to go back and see my surgeon again.