Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any locals?

Hi there -- it looks like we're in the same zip code :(. There's a few of us on the "Am I Alone Here" thread.

<p>Stacy,</p> <p> </p> <p>Sorry for not responding back quicker. My working hours and travel time make it hard for me to be keeping up with things here as I'd like to.</p> <p> </p> <p>Congrat's on the loss!! That's awesome!</p> <p> </p> <p>I also have the Vanguard band; am at 5cc's; and seem to have stalled around 210 (but hey, that's like 80 lbs down :-) so I'll take it!}. 'Irgau & Company' would like to se me at 175. But unless I can find time to get to a gym, or find some other regurlary stressful activities it's going to be a long hard hill.</p> <p> </p> <p>Your welcome to stay in touch, maybe (if you'd want) we could get together for Soup at Panera's sometime ...... lol</p> <p> </p> <p>Have a great weekend.</p>

Hi there Pattman,

How are ya? Don't worry about not answering right away, I have pretty crazy work hours myself, so I can understand not getting back to the boards here; I suffer from that same dilemna myself quite frequently! :)

Congratulations on YOUR weight loss, you've done great! I can't imagine being down 80 pounds, but I'm working on it, lol! Has your mental image of yourself caught up with the physical yet? Overall, are you feeling better than before you lost the weight?

I am at 9 cc in an 11 cc band. I go back next week for my six month follow up and am thinking of getting a little more and hopefully then I'll be "just right"! I haven't been exercising either :( -- you know what's bad, I have a membership to the "Y" and I haven't used it since I got banded! Before my surgery I was going with some girlfriends 2-3 days a week. . .I keep saying I'm going to go back and just haven't done it yet. I think I need a good swift kick (or two) in the tushie to get going.

Oh well, back to work for me. I just saw your post and wanted to say "hi". . . . . I heard Panera's has french onion Soup (my favorite of all time), so I just may have to take you up on that soup offer one day. :)

Take care!

I have the VC band as well and am currently at 4.5 (or is it 5 cc's?). While I have not been able to get 'over the hurdle' of the the last few pounds (40 to go to reach the goal that CHRIAS wants me at - I'd be happy getting to 200 or even 190}. I am reluctant to go in for another fill right now as there are times when I feel I can barely eat, and then there are times when I feel like I could (and it seems like I can) eat a horse.

The big problem (for me) is having a very sedentary job. If I don't have my butt parked in front of a PC it's parked in the drivers seat.

I currently work out of the Best Buy Montgomeryville, PA store and get to enjoy the 1.5 to 3 hour commute (one way) daily. Often times I leave the house at 7 am and am lucky to be home before 8pm.

The pay is good, but the lack of physical exercise (or even the opportunity for it) kind of sux.

Well I am glad you understand my "not being right on the spot" for responses :) I have a "pen pal" { or would it be more correct to say email pal} that gets a little annoyed sometimes when I am not able to respond back immediately. Thanks again for understanding.

While I am not a huge fan of their French Onion Soup (it's me, it's not them - LMAO}. I do love their Boston Clam Chowder, and their Brocolli is good to.

Be chatting at ya again soon,

Hugs and stay well in mind and body - Mike:notagree

So, how are you doing? It's waaaaaay past my bedtime and instead of sleeping I'm surfing LBT, lol. I'm going to pry myself away from here and try and get some sleep before I have to get back up and work in the morning, just wanted to say "hi" and hope all is going well for you.

Talk at ya later! :mad:

Hi Mike and Stacy! I just started my long journey by attending a seminar given by Dr. Wynn. I've been reading these threads for a few months now and I have a question for you. In hindsight, would you do the Lap Band again or would you go with the bypass? It seems that there are many who feel a level of frustration with their Lap Band experience. Thanks so much!

Welcome to the groups, and good luck on your new journey. YOu are welcome to stay in touch with me along the way.

As Far as your question:

...In hindsight, would you do the Lap Band again or would you go with the bypass? ... Thanks so much!

No doubt or question in my mind YES I'd do it again! for the following reasons:

1. It is completely reversible.
  2. Less potential for complications during the surgery, or long term.
  3. You can still eat almost anything, just in smaller proportions {yes, you have to control WHAT you eat, not just the volume.
  4. Weight loss is more gradual so (at least in my case) no need for re constructive surgery.
  5. not as much 'on going' maintenance.:D

Hi ITTAKS2,

Welcome to LBT! As far as would I do it over again, that would be a resounding YES!! Keep in mind a lot of the posts you see on here are from people who are having problems, needing extra support or are new. Most of the happy bandsters are out living their lives and not participating here on the boards. Some do, but a lot don't.

There is going to be a level of frustration with any weight loss procedure in my opinion. My mom had the bypass (Dr. Irgau) and she had a lot of complications. She is doing great now four years out, but still has to work every day and focus on everything she eats or she will start to regain like crazy!

My aunt had the lap band done May 1st (Dr. Irgau) and she is down 30 pounds so far and loves her band.

For me, the bypass wasn't a good option becuase of other medical problems I had at the time, which by the way, 8 months later have all resolved. Actually, it was more like by 2 months after being banded that my diabetes and high blood pressure were gone and no more med's for them! I have to say, I love my band though it can be fickle at times and it all comes down to making the committment to make better choices and to work with your band.

I can make bad food choices but the band stops me from going overboard. But, if I do make bad choices, I do it consciously, knowing that Ben and Jerry's is going to slide right on through and I won't be losing anything that week. That is another reason I chose the band, I did not want to be completely deprived and have the dumping syndrome, which is horrible to go through -- I felt so bad for my mom everytime it happened to her, and it wasn't always from her making a bad choice or eating what she wasn't supposed to. She still, today, can't eat a lot of rich foods, or butter because it causes her to dump.

To me, it was all worth it. I've lost 58 pounds and am at a plateau right now, but I have never lost this much weight and kept it off. I can tell you if I didn't have a band, I'd gain every pound back and then some.

There's another online group I belong to you might want to join or at least take a look at. It has more positive experiences and some very experienced bandsters willing to help out, tell their stories and offer constructive advice. It is a yahoo group called SmartBandsters. I think the web address is www.smartbandsters.yahoogroups.com if that's not the right address, you can google it. There is a lot of participation so it does generate a lot of mail, though you can do the digest form, which groups like 25 messages or so together.

I hope this helps! I don't always check the posts on here daily so feel free to e-mail me off-list if you like at LuvMyRotttie@aol.com.

Take care and good luck!

Hey Mike and Stacy! Thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom! I know this isn't a quick fix and will require committment on my side. However, probably like you, I've tried just about everything out there and I've always gained back what I've lost so this appears to be an appealing option. I'll check out the Yahoo group that you recommended Stacy. Thanks! Good luck to both of you and I'll stay in touch if you don't mind a few questions now and again. Thanks again! Tammie

I'm 25 y/o, live, work, and go to school in Wilmington. I'm originally from NJ.

Hoping for surgery in June. Probably self-pay.

I'm going through the process now - already had my cardiologist appt, bloodwork, chest x-ray. Have appts for EGD, psych eval, and pulmo.

How soon after getting this stuff done do you think I'll be able to get a surgery date? I like to plan these things.

Anyone else in the Wilmington area? What support groups are available to us?

Newark, DE

surgery 3/19 Dr. Wynn

Nice to see some more Delawareans..

I started my journey back in October when I went to my first information seminar with Dr. Wynn. I took alot of soul searching and xonsideration before I decided it was for me. But once I did, I was ready to get it done.

Just had my Pre-op on 3/6 and have the all clear.

there are several support groups in the area. I can get them and post them here

Lynn:thumbup:

good luck to you, lynn! your surg date is fast approaching. are you getting it done at christiana or st francis (i'm going to st francis).

headed to chrias now for another class!

keep us posted on the next week's events!