Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frozen Yogurt Six days out?

I just want you to know I'm 8 days out! When we got sleeved I mean the group that was with me, the next day we had a Ice cream bar of course we didnt eat the fruit n it but its ok don't be harsh on your self!I was dying for food the first few days head hunger but to satisfy ur craving if u just can't handle it have a lil. It won't kill u nor harm u I promise!!!

Have you ever tried the frozen bananas! Some of the yogurt places carry them. Super yummy. They taste just like frozen yogurt. I'm still in pre-op and was wondering the same. I figured sugar free and a tiny bit. But maybe the banana would be a little more nutritional even thought it prob carries more calories. Just a suggestion

I went to orange leaf with my husband on my 7th day post op (NOT a good call)

Yeah' date=' I did it though, and I'm owning it, but I really wished I hadn't. It made me feel quite sick.[/quote']

That was very brave of you to share that after the rude response that I received earlier just for being curious about it! Thank you! I do appreciate you sharing your experience with me, and with all New comers. Sometimes being new at something takes some time and some "ridiculous" questions, but this is how we learn (by example).

Thanks again!

Have you ever tried the frozen bananas! Some of the yogurt places carry them. Super yummy. They taste just like frozen yogurt. I'm still in pre-op and was wondering the same. I figured sugar free and a tiny bit. But maybe the banana would be a little more nutritional even thought it prob carries more calories. Just a suggestion

I've never had one, but I can imagine that would be tasty!!!! I'm not sure which stage of eating that would fall into. I know bananas generally would be a "mushy" food, but since they are frozen...??? Idk.

They sell them just as plain frozen banana? Or is it dipped in something??? I have only seen these at the county fair, and they are usually dipped in chocolate with peanuts....

I just want you to know I'm 8 days out! When we got sleeved I mean the group that was with me' date=' the next day we had a Ice cream bar of course we didnt eat the fruit n it but its ok don't be harsh on your self!I was dying for food the first few days head hunger but to satisfy ur craving if u just can't handle it have a lil. It won't kill u nor harm u I promise!!![/quote']

Ha! Thank you. It's funny because I'm not "hungry" and I'm not craving anything specific. I was just curious and wasn't sure where to zen yogurt fit in. I had no idea it didn't have nutritional value (I assumed some Calcium would t be too bad in the next week or two).

I'll stick to my sf Popsicles for now. They are most certainly my saving grace! ;)

Unfortunately there are some rather mean and nasty people on this board. This is why a lot of people are lurkers and not posters. Thanks for asking the question because a lot of people think/ask the same question (I had it). At the yogurt places here they post the nutritional values on the machine or have a brochure. I went with my kids and had the little sample/taster cup. Would you believe I didn't explode or gain all my weight back :sarcastic:?

That was very brave of you to share that after the rude response that I received earlier just for being curious about it! Thank you! I do appreciate you sharing your experience with me, and with all New comers. Sometimes being new at something takes some time and some "ridiculous" questions, but this is how we learn (by example).

Thanks again!

Yeah, rude people be damned, it was not a good call though, and I wished I hadn't done it. I got dizzy, light headed, almost sort of disoriented and had a terrible case of diarrhea because of it. I'm pretty frank with people when it comes to obviously silly things, but i try not to be holier-than-thou because we all do dumb things and if anyone says they don't they are either one-in-a-million type people OR they are lying to you. I don't have a problem with someone telling me that was a stupid choice because it was, but it happens.

A few ounces of frozen yogurt will not end all your weight loss, but it might stall you for a few days if you are not usually having sugar. Is that worth it to you? I don't know, maybe it is, for me, it was an emotional impulsive-ish choice, I was spending the day with my husband and we were having a good time. I wouldn't even say I "regret it" except that it did make me ill. It's put me off sugar though because I am scared of that happening again. huge turn-off.

Unfortunately there are some rather mean and nasty people on this board. This is why a lot of people are lurkers and not posters. Thanks for asking the question because a lot of people think/ask the same question (I had it). At the yogurt places here they post the nutritional values on the machine or have a brochure. I went with my kids and had the little sample/taster cup. Would you believe I didn't explode or gain all my weight back :sarcastic:?

You don't say!!! ;p

Yeah' date=' rude people be damned, it was not a good call though, and I wished I hadn't done it. I got dizzy, light headed, almost sort of disoriented and had a terrible case of diarrhea because of it. I'm pretty frank with people when it comes to obviously silly things, but i try not to be holier-than-thou because we all do dumb things and if anyone says they don't they are either one-in-a-million type people OR they are lying to you. I don't have a problem with someone telling me that was a stupid choice because it was, but it happens.

A few ounces of frozen yogurt will not end all your weight loss, but it might stall you for a few days if you are not usually having sugar. Is that worth it to you? I don't know, maybe it is, for me, it was an emotional impulsive-ish choice, I was spending the day with my husband and we were having a good time. I wouldn't even say I "regret it" except that it did make me ill. It's put me off sugar though because I am scared of that happening again. huge turn-off.[/quote']

Most certainly wouldn't be worth it for me. I have been losing weight steadily and I like my progress so far. I'm still on the "liquids only" stage for a couple more days. I can say that my greatest sense has become smell. I smell all of the things that I use to devour and thy is enough for me now. I made bacon the other morning for my family and just took the scent of it in. I opened a loaf of French bread for their spaghetti and just stuck my nose in the bag! Ha! That is good enough for me. I KNOW I can't stomach any of that... Nor, do I want to to sabotage my efforts of these first 6months! Heck no! Not worth it!

Most certainly wouldn't be worth it for me. I have been losing weight steadily and I like my progress so far. I'm still on the "liquids only" stage for a couple more days. I can say that my greatest sense has become smell. I smell all of the things that I use to devour and thy is enough for me now. I made bacon the other morning for my family and just took the scent of it in. I opened a loaf of French bread for their spaghetti and just stuck my nose in the bag! Ha! That is good enough for me. I KNOW I can't stomach any of that... Nor, do I want to to sabotage my efforts of these first 6months! Heck no! Not worth it!

Good. You're off to an even better start than me. I think that sometimes people project a little too much in these threads. For some people maybe that first cup of frozen yogurt WAS the beginning of the end but that is reading quite a bit into things. I am a failed lapband patient so I can see one might feel that way but here is what I can tell you - frozen yogurt didn't make me fat again after lapband. It was the trip after trip to the Chinese buffet, pints of ben and jerrys, huge orders from taco bell, 4 slices of cheesecake in one day....... you get the picture. I understand what she is talking about when she says she started rationalizing things, but we all have to go back to life as usual at some point, and life is not always a picture perfect bariatric diet. At some point we have to get real about what we actually did to ourselves. It's easier to talk about the little things we did to ourselves to mess up instead of the big things. Talking about negotiating some frozen yogurt is a lot prettier than talking about how a lot of us used to sit at home by ourselves with repulsive amounts of food chowing down and never lifting a single fat finger to work out. Thats the ugly reality of it.

Now, I'm not telling you to go eat sweet crap because I don't think you should, but I'm just saying... we need to keep it real.

Wow! Thanks for the attack!

Actual I was being serious. And yes, I did pay for my surgery (not that that should be a factor in any case. This surgery is the same regardless).

Perhaps I should have been more specific in starting sugar free frozen yogurt OR sorbet.

I am not at the point where I can have Greek yogurt yet, otherwise I would help myself to some of that. I realize that frozen yogurt doesn't have "nutritional value" but at this point in the game, I'm not getting much nutritional values from anything that I'm taking in (besides my Protein shake).

You are welcome.

Secondly I stated when you are on pureed have the greek yogurt. Wow I certainly wish you all the best...................................

I just want you to know I'm 8 days out! When we got sleeved I mean the group that was with me, the next day we had a Ice cream bar of course we didnt eat the fruit n it but its ok don't be harsh on your self!I was dying for food the first few days head hunger but to satisfy ur craving if u just can't handle it have a lil. It won't kill u nor harm u I promise!!!

OMG how sad, yes it CAN kill you!! Unbelieveable that you had major stomach removing surgery and you would do this, unbelievable!!

You are welcome.

Secondly I stated when you are on pureed have the greek yogurt. Wow I certainly wish you all the best...................................

You really are something else!

Were you never "new" to all of this? Please don't forget that we haven't all been sleeved or weeks, months or years. My question was an honest question that DID not deserve that harsh of a response. I understand tough love and keepin our post real (no sugar coating), but to question if I paid for my surgery? That was totally uncalled for. Of course I paid for my surgery!

As if someone who goes out of the states and pays cash for their surgery would value their sleeve more than somebody that has it covered by their insurance here in the states??? That is a crazy accusation.

Regardless if I have insurance or went to Mexico and paid cash, I had my surgery done for the same purpose that everybody else has. I am on my journey (and doing pretty darn well) for the long haul. I am willing to make the changes that I need to make to be successful and live that healthy lifestyle that I have longed for.

I come to this forum for support and ideas, not to be kicked to the ground. It's not like I went out and ate something I shouldn't have... I just asked a question...

Idk. I guess if you feel that your response was appropriate than so be it. I just want you to know that I found it rather harsh to make the comment that you did.

You are welcome.

Troll somewhere else, this thread has been almost entirely constructive with the exception of you coming here being nasty. There are ways to say what you want to say without coming off like that to someone who is brand new.

It just bananas cut up and frozen. Then they take them out and throw them in a blender. So it the exact consistency of frozen yogurt. Delish!