Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beautiful beautiful post and even more beautiful girl. God Bless You!!!

????

Hey Everyone!

I had my 6 month appointment on Thursday and cannot even believe how much has changed in 6 months. I am now 88 pounds down. I couldn't be happier! I'm feeling like a new person. I thought it would be good for me to reflect back a bit on how far I've come. I had started a website/blog when I started thinking about having surgery.

Here is an excerpt from a post I wrote in July when I was awaiting my consultation appointment.

"I wake up every morning feeling completely disgusted with my body and my behavior. I avoid the mirror when getting into the shower. I can hardly look at myself when I have a towel around me and have to put on a baggy shirt to blow dry my hair. I struggle to get dressed knowing that my clothes are too tight for me. Every activity is filled with anxiety for me. Eating meals is like experiencing an out of body experience. It's as though I have no control' date=' yet the whole time I am beating myself up over what I am eating. I am embarrassed to go anywhere knowing that I am overweight and people have probably noticed that I've gained even more weight. I look at my friends as they talk about "feeling fat" or "needing to exercise more" and know that I would die to look like them. Every time I sit down I want to cover my stomach up with something. Every time I walk I have to adjust my pants, bra, underwear, shirt, tanktop to make sure that I am 100% covered. I feel a depression at night - an overwhelming guilt. I lay in bed thinking how tomorrow needs to be a new day...how tomorrow I am going to be different. I will stay up for hours in bed thinking about it."

When I read this, I feel sad for the girl who wrote it. I think it is important for me to look back at how I felt during that time to continue to motivate myself to do well. I am to the point where I can eat more and I have to work harder for the weight to come off. I never want to feel like girl in that paragraph again. I wake up every morning looking forward to the day, excited to pick out an outfit, feeling happy about the decisions I make, and overall just taking pride in being healthy. This was the best decision I could have made.

For those of you interested in the website/blog, the link is below. It is a personal site, but it does give detailed information on my pre-op process. I haven't posted since September since I started writing on this forum.

Surgery Date: August 22, 2012

Starting weight: 231

Current weight: 143

Height: 5'3

Picture 1: Day before Surgery

Picture 2: The before/after picture Dr. Zeni's office gave me on Thursday

Picture 3: Me in the jeans I wore at my consultation :)

Picture 4: Same as picture 3

Picture 5: Getting my bridesmaids dress taken in!

Picture 6: Standing with my best friend for her bachelorette party last night![/quote']

I will absolutely be following your blog. To lose that much in 6 months with a fairly low starting weight is truly remarkable and shows your commitment to this journey. My starting weight was about the same and I am 6 weeks out today. I've only lost 20 pounds so far and would be over the moon ecstatic if I could be down 80 pounds at 6 months. Do you share on your blog what you eat, how much Protein, carbs and calories?

I felt word for word how you felt a little over a year ago. Today I slipped on a pair of size 4 jeans. I can't believe how wonderful this sleeve process can be. I'm so happy for you and wish you and everybody else the same peace I finally feel.

I read your 4 month post op with pictures, before I got the sleeve it was one of the main reasons that motivated me to get the sleeve.

You look beautiful and naturally thin, thanks again for the motivation as I am in the 2 week post op stage Hell! Please tell us what your fist 2 weeks were like dont leave out a thing! lol I am needing some "Ive been there just where you are and made it just fine stories!"

Congrats to you on your success! You look absolutely stunning!

Jordyn I was worried about the social piece, so thanks for the outlook being that you are further out.

Curious... 6 months out now has a typical eating day changed much from say 2 -3 months out?

I am two months out and exercising a lot but finding eating... Easier now and it makes me nervous.

Thanks for sharing your success! It is truly motivating and inspiring for all of us!! You look awesome!!

Wow! Youre a total knockout!

Congratulations! you look wonderful!