Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey' date=' thanks for posting, I just got the call from my dr on Friday stating that I was approved for surgery. I was so excited I cried. My surgery is scheduled for March 19th.

Today I find myself bring scared. It was comforting to know that I am not the only to feel that way.

[/quote']

I'm feeling the same nervousness you are. I am just getting started but having such mixed emotions. I know this is what I need to do. I have never had surgery before so terrified is an under statement. Hang in there!

I am on my way to the dr's office for my pre-surgery weigh in. I am so scared that they will postpone/re-schedule my surgery because I only lost 5 lbs in the two weeks on the liquid diet. I am feeling really anxious and emotional.

THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my "scared out of my mind" statement. YOU GUYS ARE SOOOO AWESOME! I've had some time to marinate on everyone's thoughts and advice and today is a MUCH better day for me. Also I called my surgeons answering service on Saturday not expecting a response until Monday morning. To my suprise my surgeon checked his messages and PERSONALLY gave me a call on SUNDAY (his day off). When he heard how concerned I was he personally gave me a call and answered ALL my questions. He assured me that he would not leave the operation room without making sure I was 110% ok. I needed to hear that. I did ALOT of research on him before choosing him as my surgeon. I couldn't find anything negative on him. The more I researched the more I learned about even more of his amazing credentials. It's also great to know that he's never lost a patient from the wls he's performed.

I'M MENTALLY BACK ON TRACK! This forum has truly been a blessing to me. You all are such a great group of people. I am going to keep everyone posted on my progress. I am expecting great things in my future and this surgery is going to allow me to not just be around...but it's going to enable me to have a strong finish in everything I put my mind to. My husband and I are going to my last and final class.. the pre op class 2morrow. God has surrounded me with the support that I need. Im excited about a new and improved healthier me. Im saying goodbye to the fat life. I cant wait to see and hear my family's comments as I see them in the summer time for all the family get togethers. The only ppl I have told is my husband and son...and my favorite cousin. Everyone else will just see results. I figured out what I would say when they start asking "what are you doing to lose weight?". Im going to say' date=' " I'm pushing away from the table...eating less. Im still being truthful but yet holding on to my privacy. They dont have to know HOW! LOL. I always like to find a way to "pay it forward". I have a cousin that got the lapband about 3 years ago. She was losing ALOT of weight. She was SO HAPPY! It made me feel good to see that new spring in her step. All of a sudden I heard she was having complications with it. The next time I saw her, she had gained all her weight back and it looked like an additional 50lbs. She was at least 275 or more overall. I COULDNT BELIEVE IT! I didnt dare ask her about it because it was obvious that she didnt have the lapband in anymore. She stopped showing up at the family functions. My heart goes out to her. After adjusting to the surgery and my new way of life, I am considering talking to her about it. I'll have to play it by ear. What do you guys think about that?

Thanks again.

Keep me in your prayers,

Dynamitetee[/quote']

I def agree with paying it forward. I have a couple friends that are investigating WLS and another that just started since I had mine. I am an open book for them. :) Whatever questions they have, I answer. As much as this surgery changed my life, I want to share it!

I DID IT! I WA SLEEVED YSTRDY

Congratulations, welcome to the first day of a new and healthier you! Peace, Grace, and Mercy be multiplied unto you!

THANKS EVERYONE!

THANKS EVERYONE!

How do you feel? How was it? I'm waiting on my approval & date... So I'm so curious as to what you feel once your sleeved.

Yes, I want details also haha. My surgery is next Monday and I'm so nervous!!

I was really sore the first day. I didn't want to walk.. but I did. This is SO IMPORTANT if u are to avoid bloodclots. This is day 5. Each day the pain deems to subside more and more ESPECIALLY when Ur taking the pain meds. I've been taking my vitamins.......everything except my Protein which I start on day 8. I've lost close to 10lbs post op. AWESOME. For the most part craving food hasn't been a major problem. My soreness is what keeps me in check with the food. I bought this blue lawn chair like chair that allows me to sit propped up.

I was really sore the first day. I didn't want to walk.. but I did. This is SO IMPORTANT if u are to avoid bloodclots. This is day 5. Each day the pain deems to subside more and more ESPECIALLY when Ur taking the pain meds. I've been taking my Vitamins.......everything except my Protein which I start on day 8. I've lost close to 10lbs post op. AWESOME. For the most part craving food hasn't been a major problem. My soreness is what keeps me in check with the food. I bought this blue lawn chair like chair that allows me to sit propped up.

Thank you for the update and info....

OOO K. Today has been 1week since my surgery. I was down 10lbs pre-op and now I am 12lbs post op which equals 22lbs total. For weeks 1-4 all I'm consuming is Clear Liquids and ALL my Vitamins, Calcium and Multi Vitamins. Clear liquids consist of sugarless popsicles, broths, apple juice (25% juice 75% water).

OOO K. Today has been 1week since my surgery. I was down 10lbs pre-op and now I am 12lbs post op which equals 22lbs total. For weeks 1-4 all I'm consuming is clear liquids and ALL my vitamins' date='calcium and multi Vitamins. Clear liquids consist of sugarless popsicles, broths, apple juice (25% juice 75% water).[/quote']

So starting week 5 is what? That does not sound like much food to eat....I was told Protein is very important to keep up the muscles in the body ... When do they start you back on Protein shakes and such. I just spoke to my insurance today and was told that I'm APPROVED, SO IM SO EXCITED... but I don't have a date yet from my doctor because the office is closed for the holiday.

Ok..I'm back. As I was saying, weeks 1-4 is a clear liquid diet. With that I don't start back on my Protein Shakes until day 8 AFTER my surgery (which is 2morrow) for me. Weeks 5-6 is a pureed diet, weeks 7-8 is soft foods diet, week 9 and beyond is back to regular diet/HEALTHY foods. This will give ur stomach a awesome opportunity to heal and cut out if not totally eliminate any complications.I haven't had ANY complications....THANK U JESUS! During this you should ALWAYS be taking ur necessary Vitamins and supplements. Make sure u take all the medications prescribed to u for after the surgery as this will ensure u heal as healthy and fast as can be. This is YOUR LIFE and it is changing for the BETTER.

Get fired up! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!! YAY

It would not be normal if you weren't scared! It's a drastic measure, but I think we have all done the same thing, lose the weight, gain it back, gain back more, and the circle goes on. I have 1 more apt with my family doc and the administrator can apply to my insurance. I am excited and scared shitless, but know this time next year I will be a different person!

Im all ready for surgery-- now how am I going to PAY my part $10k??

I live in las vegas and dont have stellar credit... any ideas of who might finance this for me?

thanks