Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vet's Forum

Oh and on that subject, I have a weird fascination on the throwing up thing... I have NEVER thrown up since the sleeve I read all the time about "newbies" doing it.. Now I see the "vets"sometimes still do.. I feel like I'm abnormal in this! Weird I know but I don't know if I would actually puke. Have even consider eating to much to see if I have this safe guard

( sick huh)

Getting back on the throwing up subject :)

I woke up from surgery throwing up...so awesome!

Then didnt really throw up until like 9 months out when i had a stomach virus.

Nowadays I wouldnt call it throwing up, like we would have pre-surgery, it is more sliming...just a whole lot of slime...yea it is pretty.

And yes in almost every occasion, a carbonated drink as been involved, my drink of choice is champagne...and its not everytime I drink champagne, but as others have said it is best to drink or eat, never the 2. In my case, sometimes I am just dumb and enjoying being with people and forget :(

BTW I am saving so much money on alcohol lol, i can do more than one, usually 3 before I feel it now. I get drunk quick and sober up even quicker, usually if I go out, have a few drinks, feel the drunk sensation, then by the time i get home I am sober again.

Hehe, I know that one! But you have to figure they are right so little, so you gotta give it to them one once in awhile! :P

I've talked to my husband about what you are doing so everyday he's up in my diet... I think kicking up the Protein has helped too I've been managing 70 to 85 grams a day this week.

I wish I had the problem, one or two drinks and I am the ultimate party girl. Three or four and I am passed out praying to the porcelain god.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hehe' date=' I know that one! But you have to figure they are right so little, so you gotta give them one once in awhile! :P

I've talked to my husband about what you are doing so everyday he's up in my diet... I think kicking up the Protein has helped too I've been managing 70 to 85 grams a day this week.

[/quote']

Yep, I am eating about 110 grams of protein a day now. I have also started to lift weights, which I am really enjoying.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I've thrown up a handful of times, maybe 4.

I wouldn't say I've made it happen, but I get a little over full and feel uncomfortable. I'm sure if I left left it and had a walk or a rest I'd be fine but if I walk into the bathroom my body takes advantage of the situation. It's very strange.

Getting back on the throwing up subject :)

I woke up from surgery throwing up...so awesome!

Then didnt really throw up until like 9 months out when i had a stomach virus.

Nowadays I wouldnt call it throwing up, like we would have pre-surgery, it is more sliming...just a whole lot of slime...yea it is pretty.

And yes in almost every occasion, a carbonated drink as been involved, my drink of choice is champagne...and its not everytime I drink champagne, but as others have said it is best to drink or eat, never the 2. In my case, sometimes I am just dumb and enjoying being with people and forget :(

BTW I am saving so much money on alcohol lol, i can do more than one, usually 3 before I feel it now. I get drunk quick and sober up even quicker, usually if I go out, have a few drinks, feel the drunk sensation, then by the time i get home I am sober again.

I was like you, throwing up when I woke up from surgery for a few hours. It did not feel good. Then, I was almost 6 months post op before it ever happened again...I was very diligent about how much I ate and what I ate. It is not like I set out to get sick and throw up. It is not enjoyable. It happens when I eat mindlessly. Trust me, when you start getting a few years out, it is easy to do. I try to eat a balanced diet and don't restrict myself, but I still have to be diligent and I still make mistakes.

Yes, I threw up right after surgery too.

So would you say the its a restriction being different AND just mentally being at a more "normal" place?

I was like you, throwing up when I woke up from surgery for a few hours. It did not feel good. Then, I was almost 6 months post op before it ever happened again...I was very diligent about how much I ate and what I ate. It is not like I set out to get sick and throw up. It is not enjoyable. It happens when I eat mindlessly. Trust me, when you start getting a few years out, it is easy to do. I try to eat a balanced diet and don't restrict myself, but I still have to be diligent and I still make mistakes.

Good to hear someone that's gone from a 46 to a 24 BMI put their hand up to making the occasional mistake. You've done an amazing job.

Yes, I threw up right after surgery too.

So would you say the its a restriction being different AND just mentally being at a more "normal" place?

I think so.

As you progress, life seems easier and you dont worry so much about the amount you are consuming to the extent of counting everything. But then you get this umm nice lil reminder.

It is definitely not something one sets out to do.

I think so.

As you progress' date=' life seems easier and you dont worry so much about the amount you are consuming to the extent of counting everything. But then you get this umm nice lil reminder.

It is definitely not something one sets out to do.[/quote']

I think one thing is for sure, this is a wild ride!

One I'm glad to be on though..

It's an interesting concept, being at goal and staying.

I mean I've lost weight and been at "goal" a million times... But never was able deal with after goal Life in anyway, which has always lead to gain the weight again.

I think one thing is for sure, this is a wild ride!

One I'm glad to be on though..

Amen!!

Sometimes when out with friends I get so busy having fun' date=' I am not really thinking about what I am putting in my body. If I drink anything with carbonation within an hour of eating, that is a guaranteed race to the bathroom to vomit. Such a joy.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Oh my goodness! That sounds delightful!

I haven't thrown up since that damn barium swallow. That had me retching. And in between retches I was begging me wife "help me, help me." After a few minutes it was "kill me, kill me." I had that feeling of ....what have I done? But it eventually passed and I've been fine ever since. In fact, many is the day I've wanted to write one of those "the doctor didn't remove enough stomach" threads. But I have too much self respect.

I haven't thrown up since that damn barium swallow. That had me retching. And in between retches I was begging me wife "help me, help me." After a few minutes it was "kill me, kill me." I had that feeling of ....what have I done? But it eventually passed and I've been fine ever since. In fact, many is the day I've wanted to write one of those "the doctor didn't remove enough stomach" threads. But I have too much self respect.

I had a chuck during that. It tasted like a nice combination of sambucca, chalk and cat pee.

So, I suppose this is why Pdx started the thread in the first place? I really don't mean to be rude, but just wanted to point out that the thread DID get hijacked after all... and when it came back to topic, Laura-Ven took it back off-topic. That led to a discussion which many of us know about, have experienced, and dealt with. It also led to other new sleevers joining in. (I'm not trying to single you out, Laura, but just pointing out that this has happened, and will continue to happen)

She brings up really interesting points, but is not a vet, after all. I do still believe this forum should remain open, but needs better moderation regarding who can and cannot post.