Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I feel so much better after getting my small unfill. What a difference - but I still have restriction.

So, the lesson here is: if you lay down and food/liquid chokes you - you are too tight. If you get acid in your PBs - you are too tight. If your esophagus starts to sting, burn or hurt - you are too tight. If solid Protein hasn't "passed" through the stoma or band opening within three hours - you are too tight.

My esophagus feels pretty normal this morning. I am hoping I won't have to have an upper GI to check it. When I got the unfill on Friday I was told that if it didn't feel better by Monday I would have to but I don't have any pain now. Thank God!

It was scary to have the unfill - I thought I wouldn't have restriction and gain weight but the damage we can do to our band and body is far more important than continuing to be too tight. One more lesson I guess!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Thanks for letting us know the dangers and symptoms of being too tight. I had not heard about those symptoms before. Getting healthy is my main goal, through losing weight but not at the expense of hurting myself.

How much fill did you have when you were too tight? When they removed the fill did they take out all of it?

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Terry

I

Ok, the complication I had is minor, but I was wondering if anyone had anything similar, or heard of anyone else who may have. Some time ago I began to experience a pinching pain near my port. I ended up in the ER because I was worried. After CT scans and ultrasounds, they couldn't find anything wrong. My doctor thought it was inflamation of the muscles when he did the previous fill. When I went for my 2nd fill under the flouroscopy, my doctor FINALLY realized my port turned, so we attributed the significant pain leading to me going to the ER to the sutures coming up. I have slight discomfort, but my doctor said it isn't something to be overly concerned with. I am having port replacement or readjustment surgery on Monday. Apparently it is a simple out patient procedure under local anesthesia which should take about an hour. My doctor is going to reopen one my port incision (barf) and resuture the port to the muscle. Luckily enough he is on vacation this week, and I really don't have ANY more information than what I just wrote here. I have no idea how long I will be in pain, or what my limitations will be, or even if this is common. So, anybody know anything?

Your complication doesn't sound minor to me. Ouch! Please let us know how your port adjustment surgery goes. I hope this is a simple procedure and that you feel better soon.

I have had "twinges" in the port area, but not what I consider pain. During my last fill under fluoroscope, they looked at my band, but I don't think they really looked at the port area. Hmmm, makes me wonder. She was able to find my port on the first stick, so I don't think it has flipped. Did they have trouble finding the spot for your fills?

Your weight loss and results are fantastic! I'm sure you will be at goal in no time at all.!

Terry

Hi All,

I made my four mile walk this morning..first time in about three weeks and it felt GREAT. I think I'm mentally lined out to do five days this week. Anyone else up for getting on the exercise bandwagon this week?

Boy, I had my worst PB/vomit session this saturday. I think it was corn on the cob and I finally resorted to some meat tenderizer to clear the way and that just gagged me so I had a legit vomit. I, obviously, didn't eat anything after that and then went to soft food yesterday. This last fill should have me minding my P's and Q's but habits are hard to break and I just start eating sometime.

Juno, am I reading correctly...you might be PG? Wow..that will be an interesting lapband journey as well. I hope you will keep us posted!

Shawn

Shawn - I really need someone to kick my a$$ into exercise mode! I'm totally in for getting on that bandwagon with you :rolleyes:

As for the preggo question... we are trying right now, and I'm in the dreaded two week wait. Waiting, that is, for my period to start... or not! Today is day 26 of my 36 day cycle, so I have a ways to go yet! I'm being a good girl and not drinking (JIC!).

Maria

Hi Marie,

I'm two days out on my mini walk-a-thon. 8 miles in ..how are you doing so far? WE CAN do this!!

I responded to a thread that talked about emotional eating and one lady identified that she was not an emotional eater, but rather an "entitlement" eater...she deserved to eat such and such because ....fill in blank.... Mine would be...he has this much why can't I? or, I had a hard day, I deserve this, or I this thus and so, I should reward myself. I am an ENTITLEMENT eater. Finally, I get that.

So, the thread continued...why don't we deserve to be healthy? Or deserve to have workout time? OR or or...you get it. WE do deserve to be healthy..we do deserve to be a priority in our daily lives.

Lets get going!!

Shawn

Hello all!

I feel like I'm just talking to myself here! :) I have made my walking goal for four days in a row so far. I'm having some nasty aches and pains in my feet, legs and lower back. Been doing some stretching. Oh,the good news..DH was with me on two days. He travels so misses some, but it is nice that he is getting up in the morning to join me. He has always been the exercise buff in the family but I taunted him by saying I was going to outwalk him during hunting season!! Usually I'm whining about him going to fast and if he'd just slow down, I could and would be with him longer! I don't think that is going to be a problem.

It is so nice that the weather has cooled off. Makes doing things in the evening better! How are you guys doing?

Shawn

Hi everyone!

I wrote a big entry yesterday and it didn't work, how weird!

Anyway, Tulip, I don't know how much I have in my band total but the amount they took out at my last tiny unfill was .5 and I will go back in a couple weeks, after the swelling and irritation has healed, to have .25 put back in.

Sula you are doing great - good job!

Hello!

Shawn -- I know what you mean about feeling like you are talking to yourself. If I end up making two posts in a row, I try to restrain myself until someone else posts! Too funny. Take care of those tootsies! Stretching should help, and try icing them too, especially shins.

Well, I need you all to send me some good thoughts and prayers. I've been having terrible shoulder pain for the past three days. I thought it must just be gas, even though I haven't experienced that with my band so far. Then today at lunch I couldn't get anything down. Just two bites of salad and I was off to the bathroom to slime. I called my doc and I was told to stay on liquids until she can see me. Unfortunately, she is out of town for the weekend, so I'm on liquids till Tuesday! I'm trying to look on the positive side -- I will probably drop a few quick pounds! I am really hoping this is not a (yikes -- dare I say it?) slip. Keep your fingers crossed!

Maria

Sorry to all....I haven't posted in a really long time! Not my choice, every time I try to sign on it would say I was on but when I tried to post it would say I needed to log in!

Anyway, I've been checking on everyone, at least once a day! So even if you feel like you're talking to yourself you're not, I read it all.

I've done o.k. this past month.....have lost a total of 77 pounds now (adding that since the last time I tried to change anything it kicked me off and wouldn't even let me post!). Am frustrated with myself though, haven't started exercising and diet is no longer in my vocabulary. I'm eating things now that I would of never eaten before the band. Not sure if it's because all my life I've been on some diet or another and knew those things weren't acceptable or what!

Anyway, not sure if I'll be able to get back on here tomorrow so everyone keep up the good work and know that I'm with you on here, even if I don't always show it!!!

Where is Sunshine? She hasnt been on here in awhile. Has anyone heard from her? Has she been back on since her knee surgery?

I have been reading everyones post. I haven't posted myself lately but it seems like my weight loss has slowed way down. Is everyone feeling that? I am losing inches but it just seems to be harder to get down 1 lb. I guess I should have expected my weight loss to slow but its kind of depressing. I guess i need to step up the exercise.

Hi Maria,

I faded today. Only did 2 miles...just pooped out. My back was aching last night and I went to bed early. This is sort of a pattern of mine...run around and wear myself out and then crash. But since I committed to five days this week, I was going to do it. Feet are doing better and I know the trick of ice...it really does feel good.

As for talking to myself...I do that all the time:)) But I have to say to all of you..I do use this site for support so whether you have good or bad news or just chat, it really does matter to me and helps. I can't explain it.

Maria, I do hope that all is well...I can't imagine what might be going on, but you can do the liquids...sometimes it is just easier. Take care of yourself.

Lisa, phenominal weight loss...but oh oh on the eating thing. What do you think is going on there?

Renee, no word yet from Sunshine. I know she said she'd be doped up with pain killers and might not be able to get to her computer..but I'd think she'd be past that now. I suspect she is feeling very frustrated, being laid up and not able to keep up her exercise routine. Lets all send her our good thoughts!!

You guys have a great weekend. I'm not going anywhere in particular so I'll be checking in!

Shawn

Hi Shawn! I am happy to report that DH and went for a 40 minute walk this morning. Although I was happy for the company, he was kinda crampin' my style. LOL! I am a fairly fast walker, and he, um, is NOT. So, I didn't work up as much of a sweat as I wanted to, but that's ok.

Lisa and Renee -- nice job on the weight loss! I'm trying to catch up to you guys! ;)

Liquid Weekend Update: So far everything is good. My shoulder is hurting less, unless I hiccup, then it still tightens up. I've done ok with the liquids, and I haven't even felt too hungry. That in itself is amazing, because I am also OTR and I don't have any of my usual cravings or "bottomless pit of a stomach" issues.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi my band family, ;)

I too check in daily, even if I don't post up I still love to hear what's up with all of you! I got another fill on Weds. I now have 3.3 in my band and have lots perhaps too much restriction. The Hair loss I've been having continues but seems to be slightly better...probably cause I have lots less to loose.

Where is Sunshine? She is definetly missed. Sending out good vibes your way

---->>>----->>> :kiss2:

Susie

I copied this from a few posts back, but this is mainly it: Cook more, move more, and more protein!

1) Every morning starts with a Protein Shake. I do 1 cup of skim milk with 1 serving of GNC Live Well Vitamin formula and 1 serving Optimum Nutrition Protein Powder. I put in a lot of ice and make it nice and thick. It holds me till lunch time.

2) I'm wearing a pedometer and making sure I am moving! I'm aiming for that 10,000 steps per day. I'm not even close right now, but having this thing on lets me know when I've been lazy.

3) I'm cooking again. I put my foreman grill in a place that was more convenient, and I've been cooking burgers and chicken on it. I also add some sort of veggie.

That is great advice!!! Thanks!

I need to find my pedometer and do the same thing to. I have been so lazy this summer!!!:faint:

I am doing more Protein though.

How are you all doing?

I have been trying to check in at least once a week or more. It has been hard to do much with my kids out for the summer.

I had gained 5 pounds prior to my fill more than a month ago. I have lost the 5 and am lingering around 164. But, not losing more. I get so frustrated sometimes. I know that I do need to start exercising in order to start really losing again.

I am eating mainly a South Beach diet type of thing, Proteins and veggies most of the time. But, still at a standstill.

I do get stuck when I eat and when I eat I can feel the food going through, not painful, but I am very aware of every bite. So, I don't think I need another fill but sometimes wonder if I should.

I think I will try to kick up the exercise and see what happens.

Take care!!

Audree

Hi Audree,

A few months back I went to a local support group and there was a guy facilitating the group that had the band for a year or more. He said that when his weight loss slowed down or he plateaued...he would go back through the liquid, mushies, soft and then solid food stages again. Seems to me like that would be easy to overeat, but maybe it works. He has lost a bunch.

I'm glad so many of you are checking in and it makes me feel better to know you stop in, even if you don't post!!

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make my goal of a 50 pound loss tomorrow, my 9th anniversary. My TOM joined me yesterday and I have actually seen the scale increase. But I'm not too worried..I know the loss is there, I'll just have to count it later.

Maria,

Been thinking about you off and on all weekend, wondering what is going on? Glad the pain is lessening. Did you say you were seeing the Dr. tomorrow? Keep us posted!