Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi again!!

I am so excited, I got my surgery date today. I will officially be a bandster on January 30th!!!!! I am counting the days. How are you feeling? The clothes with the tags will be worn this year!

Christine :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey, I thought i was the only one with tags on my clothes!!! :biggrin1:

Shesha, I have used the ready made EAS AdvantEdge vanilla, chocolate fudge and strawberry esp. during the pre-op phase when I had to drive my daughter back to college and was on the road for four days. They're pretty good. Now post-op and with more time I'm using Whole Foods whey Protein Powder in skim milk with ice cubes and flavorings in the blender. I may add additional dry milk tomorrow. Today was my first day home post-op so I'm still experimenting. Smilliegal

Great! Thanks! I bought some of the AdvantEdge drinks but haven't tried them yet!

Well, tomorrow I pay for my surgery!

(Wait, what was that??? I think my credit cards just ran out the door!!)

There's no going back now!!

You should aim to get at least 64 oz per day. The more Water the better in my book!

However, did you guys hear about the lady who was in a "water drinking" contest and died yesterday? Evidently she died from Water intoxication? She was in some contest where you had to drink a lot of water without going to the bathroom. It was a sad story, she was only 28 yrs old, had 3 kids. I haven't gotten the entire story yet, but it was on the news and everyone at work was talking about it. I never new water could be deadly? I guess the fact she wasn't going to the restroom was the big factor.

Hi Sunshine,

The lady who died was from Sacramento, CA. which is where I live. Yes, you can drink too much water and it will cause swelling in the brain. this is not the first that I have heard of this, last year a young man in Chico (a town near us) was forced to drink a lot of water by his fraternity and he died. What is amazing is the DJs at the radio knew about the danger and continued the contest. The woman drank about two gallons of water with in a very short time. She complained of being nauseas and having a headache (that was because her brain was swelling). Very sad. I'm sure that none of us would go to that extreme.

Well, I have 7 days before surgery. I'm so nervous and I have a slight cold so I have to call my doctor tomorrow. I hope he doesn't want to cancel!

Edie

I have tags on some of my clothes too! From several years I hit the end of season sales and bought things that I had planned to wear after a new diet . Didn't happen then. But this will be the year. Yeah!

A side note on chewable Vitamins. A family friend that is a MD told me about Vitamins and supplements at Puritan.com. They have an adult chewable w/ Iron Vitamin that tastes like Pinapple. Not bad, like Flinstones, and the prices are really good. I also bought the chewable Calcium and Vitamin C.

I have tags on some of my clothes too! From several years I hit the end of season sales and bought things that I had planned to wear after a new diet . Didn't happen then. But this will be the year. Yeah!

A side note on chewable Vitamins. A family friend that is a MD told me about Vitamins and supplements at Puritan.com. They have an adult chewable w/ Iron Vitamin that tastes like Pinapple. Not bad, like Flinstones, and the prices are really good. I also bought the chewable Calcium and Vitamin C.

I bought chewable Caltrate for calcium and they are really good. Just purchased chewable Centrum, liquid tylenol, Gas-X, chicken broth, etc.. Getting prepared. What else should I have on hand for my surgery?

I bought chewable Caltrate for Calcium and they are really good. Just purchased chewable Centrum, liquid tylenol, Gas-X, chicken broth, etc.. Getting prepared. What else should I have on hand for my surgery?

Sounds like you have a good start. I also purchased sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free Jello and some type of Protein supplement. For the clear liquid stage, I started with Isopure Protein drinks. At the hospital they gave me some samples of Injury powders flavored and unflavored. Those were really good. Also there is a Protein Drink that has 20 grams of Protein in 2.9 oz of low-cal clear liquid called Profect, but I think you can only order that over the internet. I just got some delivered to me today and those are easy to get down.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

No way, lady! LOL! I must have a box full of tagged clothes!

In fact, last summer I finally went through the boxes and boxes of smaller clothes that I've been hanging on to forever. We're talking sizes from 10 to 18! I sorted through all of it, got rid of the stuff that was out of style, kept the rest, sorted it by size, and labeled it. I can't wait to get down to an 18 -- I'll have a whole bin of new clothes to open!

Maria

i banded on 1/11/07.Not bad some pain but good .iget gas ,is that common .then i get pain on top of my shoulder.when does that stop.does it ever

Hi Everyone,

I somewhat new. Have been looking around the site for information for about a month. Am scheduled for Jan 31st with Dr. Spivak. Am so looking forward to being able to have some control over my appetite.

For those of you that have experienced thigh pain, I wonder if it is because of the position that they put you in for surgery. They open your legs up and the surgeon stands between them while he works. :omg:

Makes my legs hurt to think about it.

Anyway, please add me to the January bandster list. Will barely make it, but I will be part of the group.

Nope that isn't the position for operation. You are put on the stretcher (which was comfortable by the way after being on the hard stretcher waiting to go in) and your legs are strapped down "just to remind you that you are on a very narrow bed" and for safety reasons. They even had a soft pad placed under my heels and my feet against a soft squishy pillow thing.

Good luck to you tomorrow. I was banded on the 15th and the experience was actually almost pleasant. Nice hospital experience, great roommate, not alot of pain and I'm feeling pretty good. It sure is good to be on the post-op side instead of pre-op. Keep us posted. Smilliegal

I totally agree with you. Also banded on the 15th, and as far as surgery goes it was very pleasant. I had a private room, hardly any pain at all, sore now but all in all not a bad experience.

The question about eatting in only 20 minutes.... my nutrionalist says to take at least 30-45 minutes to eat.

Hi everyone,

I was banded a week ago and I am wondering if anyone else have their port site right at the diaphragm; under the rib cage. Dr. Madan (EXCELLENT) said he places all the port sites there to keep the port from flipping.

Be BLESSED!

Nope that isn't the position for operation. You are put on the stretcher (which was comfortable by the way after being on the hard stretcher waiting to go in) and your legs are strapped down "just to remind you that you are on a very narrow bed" and for safety reasons. They even had a soft pad placed under my heels and my feet against a soft squishy pillow thing.

ok...now I'm not as paranoid... :) that position thing :rose: kinda scared me...Thanks for the update!!

Hi everyone, just checking in and checking up on everyone.

Congratulations to all who were banded this week! Can't wait to hear how you're doing.

Babygotback, you are a great addition to this thread with tons of information and support. Bandida, Sunshine, and others as well.

As for me, I'm doing good. I got out for the first time since surgery yesterday. Went for my post-op check up and was told I could pull the surgical tape off of my incisions. It took me a while (pure fear) but all of the incisions were closed up nicely. Three are so tiny, like pin pricks, that they are just going to disappear.

Of course the port incision will not, mine is LONG, but it won't be an ugly scar either. :rose:

Here's my big news... I had lost 10 lbs since last Friday (my surgery day). I go back in 3 weeks. I won't weigh again until then. But, I have started taking measurements, and I think I'm going to do that weekly.

I've just for the first time found out what full really feels like. LOL I have no intention of surpassing that feeling anytime in the future.

Well, good luck to everyone who is still on the list for banding. I'll try and check in more frequently, so that I can share in the conversation more.