Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Congratulations to all the new bandsters and Good Luck to those of us still waiting to get banded. I go on Friday and I am excited/nervous.

Fiyagirl, you're going to take one day at a time until your fill. :welldone: That's all any of us can do...work on today because we can't control tomorrow and yesterday is gone.

Yes, if you thought that you'd have restriction right away, then the initial time after banding can be disappointing. But focus on small changes. You DO have the band...that can be a source of hope and strength right there. Instead of facing a lifetime of dieting without help, you have to get through 6 weeks. Just 6 weeks. And honestly, if you don't lose a pound during this time, that's ok, too, because the MOST important thing you can do is let your stomach heal.

Try to make good food choices. Start following the bandster guidelines now (within your doctor's instructions on what to eat when)...try to focus on Protein and veggies, eat slowly, chew well. Start exercising if you can, even if it's taking a walk outside. Drink lots of Water. Beyond that, try not to worry about it...things will start being easier once you have restriction.

Cindy

Thanks for the encouragement!

I think I am feeling lethargic lately. Not sure if it's just rebounding from surgery because I didn't relax much at all following the procedure. I even find myself talking and breathing slower. Is that weird? Maybe I am just overthinking it. Anyone have an opinion on the new Special K Water, K2O? It has 5 grams of Protein for the 16 oz. I am drinking the strawberry kiwi. It's a bit sweet, but not bad. There is a lemon flavor too but I have my fill with lemon from the crystal light.

I'm feeling a little lethargic today as well. I thought maybe it was because my older dog is sick (brain tumor) and had several seizures yesterday, but maybe it is a post surgical thing since we both had our surgeries on the same day. Hopefully I'll get up enough energy to do my walk pretty soon.

Man, you are making me hungry!!!:hungry: I think I want to make a good caldo with lots of veggies. We still get the nutrients from the caldo. My family can eat the good stuff! I love it spicy too!!! I just sent my husbnd to the store to buy me some Better Than Boullion!!!

I also have family in Sonora, MX!!!

When are you going to be banded? Let me know if you have any questions!

Audree

It is good!!! Really? I haven't been to Sonora. I've finished all my caldo since I can only have Clear liquids from now until two weeks after surgery. I will make more caldo w/o the chile guajillo. I'm going to get banded on Thursday!!

Thanks Audree!:welldone:

Okay, that last post should of been to all the bandsters....would love everyones input!

I CAN SORT OF FEEL A TIGHTNESS AROUND MY STOMACH. BUT NOTHING I FEEL ALL THE TIME!! KELLIE

I am scheduled! Friday, February 2 is my date. I am going to miss my January roup by 2 days. Any objection if I stay with this group?

We'd love to have you!! I think where ever you feel you are getting the support is where you should stay and if it is here, that is where you need to be!!!:clap2:

I think I am feeling lethargic lately. Not sure if it's just rebounding from surgery because I didn't relax much at all following the procedure. I even find myself talking and breathing slower. Is that weird? Maybe I am just overthinking it. Anyone have an opinion on the new Special K Water, K2O? It has 5 grams of Protein for the 16 oz. I am drinking the strawberry kiwi. It's a bit sweet, but not bad. There is a lemon flavor too but I have my fill with lemon from the crystal light.

I have really enjoyed the protein water. It is keeping me hydrated and I am getting the needed protein in. I like the lemon flaver a little better I think. And they are better cold.

I am a bit week, but I think from the lower calories and not drinking enough water. Also, I am resting a little too much. I need to start getting out and doing some walking! I am being lazy!!!!!

:notagree

It is good!!! Really? I haven't been to Sonora. I've finished all my caldo since I can only have Clear Liquids from now until two weeks after surgery. I will make more caldo w/o the chile guajillo. I'm going to get banded on Thursday!!

Thanks Audree!:)

Congrats on your banding!! Let me know if you have any questions, here, on the lower bmi thread or PM me. Let me know how you are doing. Once banded, I have learned more about myself. My body is not hungry or able to eat, yet my head wants to feel the textures of food and tastes. But, I know that I wouldn't even be able too. Not drinking enough Water also has me thinking I am hungry when i am really thirsty. I never believed that one, that if you don't drink water you will feel it as hunger, but I am experiencing it now. Before, I'd just eat. Now, I am drinking more water and not feeling as hungry.

What is chile guajillo? Can you give me the recipe to your caldo??

Thanks!:hungry:

Audree- I just came across this: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/wls-cards-restaurants-t27847.html?t=27847 Thought maybe you would want to jump in.

Thanks!! I added my two cents!! I just said I may or may not use it, but it is all about choice. I just like having the option if I wanted to do it. I am a brat that way and don't like people telling me I don't have the right and I do! HEHE

I am in Florida at my brother's apartment and THEY HAVE NO SCALE!!! Oh boy....

I have not even weighed in and don't know if I am. I would rather have a pleasant surprise than be disappointed. The fact is for the first time in my life, I know I WILL lose!!! I read you really shouldn't focus on the weight loss during this time before your fill. We can retain from surgury and all of those high sodium broths, therefore not really getting the true weight loss number anyway. I am also going to measure myself!!!

Audree

Good Morning fellow Banders,

I am proud to say that I will be getting banded on January 15th, 2007. Very excited!!!!!! My insurance just began paying for the band on January 1st, 2007, so I received a call yesterday with a day for my banding. I had previously been in another forum, but am happy to have learned of this group with individuals who are or will be experiencing this when I am. :)