Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegetarians unite

Sue, sounds like a great recipe. is it difficult to get it to hold together?

you guys need check out the link feed youreyes shared...its amazing....

Love the tofu recipe sue! dee...that is one heck of an allergy. the dairy/nuts/fish/soy/aspartame/gluten/waffles/wheat allergies folks at least get warning labels. Not sure if going vegan will help, but the Skinny b***h ladies have a really good vegan cookbook. Not many recipes online, though. http://www.skinnybitch.net/recipes.html

b***h isn't a bad word!! dang it.

Great thread--thanks PotterGirl!

Some things I will be trying for the puree stage:

* pureed ricotta or cottage cheese mixed with yogurt with some SF flavoring and maybe fresh lemon/lemon rind

* pureed black Beans or fat-free refried Beans with lime juice' date=' enchilada sauce, and other seasonings. Potentially mixed with cottage cheese or ricotta cheese and topped with FF cheese or low-fat laughing cow cheese

* Pureed oatmeal or cream of wheat with Protein powder (prepared with soy milk and thinned with almond milk)

* Greek yogurt with PB2 powder and Protein Powder, thinned with some soy milk and/or almond milk

* Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin, Protein Powder, and some SF sweetener

* Ricotta bake from The World According to Eggface

* Cream of wheat cooked in chocolate Protein shake

* Small amount of mashed potatoes made with Protein powder, greek yogurt, soy milk--topped with pureed beans or pureed Morningstar chili

* Pureed thinned lentil Soup with Morningstar Breakfast pattie added (and possibly protein powder)--topped with Greek yogurt

* Pureed vegan bean Soup that my mom made--thinned out with soy milk and protein powder added. Topped with Greek yogurt

* Morningstar faux "meat" balls pureed with spaghetti sauce

* Morningstar veggie burgers pureed with something--low-sugar BBQ Sauce? [/quote']

Great thread--thanks PotterGirl!

Some things I will be trying for the puree stage:

* pureed ricotta or cottage cheese mixed with yogurt with some SF flavoring and maybe fresh lemon/lemon rind

* pureed black Beans or fat-free refried Beans with lime juice' date=' enchilada sauce, and other seasonings. Potentially mixed with cottage cheese or ricotta cheese and topped with FF cheese or low-fat laughing cow cheese

* Pureed oatmeal or cream of wheat with Protein powder (prepared with soy milk and thinned with almond milk)

* Greek yogurt with PB2 powder and Protein powder, thinned with some soy milk and/or almond milk

* Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin, protein powder, and some SF sweetener

* Ricotta bake from The World According to Eggface

* Cream of wheat cooked in chocolate protein shake

* Small amount of mashed potatoes made with protein powder, greek yogurt, soy milk--topped with pureed beans or pureed Morningstar chili

* Pureed thinned lentil Soup with Morningstar Breakfast pattie added (and possibly protein powder)--topped with Greek yogurt

* Pureed vegan bean soup that my mom made--thinned out with soy milk and protein powder added. Topped with Greek yogurt

* Morningstar faux "meat" balls pureed with spaghetti sauce

* Morningstar veggie burgers pureed with something--low-sugar BBQ Sauce? [/quote']

Boca burger lunch today with some bbq sauce....can't wait till i can have lettuce and Tomato .....

:D just curious...what everyone eats on a daily basis....

b- wedge of laughing cow ch 2 gp

1/2 . cot ch 16 gp

l- Boca burger with 2 T BBQ Sauce 15 gp

d- chicken seitan about 3 oz 2 T teriyaki sauce 20 gp

s- 1 0z shelled pistachios 6gp

wedge of laughing cow 2 gp

total protein= 61 approx calories=680

:D just curious...what everyone eats on a daily basis....

b- wedge of laughing cow ch 2 gp

1/2 . cot ch 16 gp

l- Boca burger with 2 T BBQ Sauce 15 gp

d- chicken seitan about 3 oz 2 T teriyaki sauce 20 gp

s- 1 0z shelled pistachios 6gp

wedge of laughing cow 2 gp

total protein= 61 approx calories=680

...my list is so long it would take up a page! Have you guys tried yuba? Here is a recipe for yuba "ribs" which could pass for jerkey if cooked a little longer... made it with korean bbq sauce (too salty for me) then a Peanut Butter sauce...yum... I think sweet chili sauce will be next.... yuba is the skin from the soy milk making process, you can get it diferent ways, but this recipe uses the dry stick form... Im going to get some more today! Its good chopped up in a stir fry, with rice, on a sandwich....

http://www.artisanveganlife.com/game-day-fare-bbq-ribs/

this one looks good too....

http://chowvegan.com/2009/10/20/veganmofo-bbq-yuba-ribs/

i have never heard of yuba but excited to try it.....i love the primal Jerky so i am definitely to try recipe...Thanks for the links....eating my deconstructed eggplant parm..i cooked the eggplant i would for babaganoush...cook the hell out of it..scoop it and cook again with marinara and mozz ch....6 weeks out starting to feel normal

I'm just transitioning to soft foods and today made a really good version of "The Biggest Loser" pancake: 1/4 cup of low-fat cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of instant oatmeal, and 1 to 1.5 egg whites (I used Just Whites in a carton). Blended it all in my vitamix. Very tasty!! I did the egg whites in the blender first to give them some volume. Ate with some SF Carey's maple Syrup.< /p>

has anyone ever tried Peking duck which i used pick up in nyc sounds ago? it was made out of some part of the tofu process i believe...so good..i would pick at right out the tub...i could get some..

that sounds really good tes....i will have to try that for breakfast as a change...i have been eating the same menu items...Thanks!

has anyone ever tried Peking duck which i used pick up in nyc sounds ago? it was made out of some part of the tofu process i believe...so good..i would pick at right out the tub...i could get some..

I haven't had that, but when I was in Montreal on vacation, I went to a well-known restaurant in Chinatown and they had the best sweet and sour tofu--it was made with the tofu "skin." I wonder if I could recreate a low-carb version....

Yes...you skin....hard it..i was in Montreal two years ago....where do you live?

so i use Swype on mykindle and it out key words...Lol..just so you guys don't think i speak up Like i type..