Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegetarians unite

Will post my chili ...it's 25 years of perfecting...it's really good

I have gotten some really good recipes off this site (can sort by vegan, hi Protein, ingredients, etc.):

http://www.101cookbo...rotein_recipes/

Love 101cookbooks.com--my husband gave me Heidi's Supernatural Everyday Cooking (or a title something like that) cookbook for Christmas and I love it!

veg chili- i brown and break up a package of boca vegan burgers and set aside.

in a little Olive oil saute chopped onion and a couple cloves garlic on low heat till onion is translucent. i also add some chipoltle in Adobe sauce,it adds heat and smoky flavor. add a finely chopped carrot ,a chopped red and green pepper,chopped zucchini and this if you want more heat, jalapeno. now your chopped back in with the cooked veg and as a 28 oz can of crushed Tomato.< /p>

sounds wonderful Pottergirl--thanks for posting! I made some veg chili earlier this week and used your idea of the black soybeans. It was really good and the soybeans are an awesome Protein source. I missed the creamy bean texture a bit, so I added some kidney Beans too. Used Morningstar meal starter crumbles as well--plus tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers, Tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and chili powder. Very tasty and inspired by YOU! So thanks again.

chopped Boca .....it should read. add 3 to 5 T powder. 1 t ground cumin 1 t oregano 4T real maple Syrup really makes this chili. it doesn't it sweet...but amazing. maple syrup is 35 calories a T so once divide this up doesn't amount to much. now add a can if soybeans,black Beans and kidney beans. rinsed. simmer awhile. then divide and freeze.

somehow my kindle fire only lets post little posts...and Swype destroys some ofthen.......Lol

we finished the chili Very the same but the maple and you mind heat the chipoltle...such good chili. i have also made this with tofu but enjoy much more as a beefy chili

Thanks for sharing your recipe.Alas I don't eat onions (allergy) so it really limits food choices. All the veggies burger and "crumbles" I have seen have onions. Can't even find vegetable broth without onions! Onward to Vegan world :)

Dee

Great thread--thanks PotterGirl!

Some things I will be trying for the puree stage:

* pureed ricotta or cottage cheese mixed with yogurt with some SF flavoring and maybe fresh lemon/lemon rind

* pureed black Beans or fat-free refried Beans with lime juice, enchilada sauce, and other seasonings. Potentially mixed with cottage cheese or ricotta cheese and topped with FF cheese or low-fat laughing cow cheese

* Pureed oatmeal or cream of wheat with Protein powder (prepared with soy milk and thinned with almond milk)

* Greek yogurt with PB2 powder and Protein Powder, thinned with some soy milk and/or almond milk

* Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin, Protein Powder, and some SF sweetener

* Ricotta bake from The World According to Eggface (delish, but not a puree)

* Cream of wheat cooked in chocolate Protein shake (watch cooking Protein powder, it clumps. You can however mix it into baked stuff like pancakes when your into solids)

* Small amount of mashed potatoes made with protein powder, greek yogurt, soy milk--topped with pureed beans or pureed Morningstar chili

* Pureed thinned lentil Soup with Morningstar Breakfast pattie added (and possibly protein powder)--topped with Greek yogurt (make sure you puree the patty too. and watch putting the protein powder in anything too hot...)

* Pureed vegan bean Soup that my mom made--thinned out with soy milk and protein powder added. Topped with Greek yogurt

* Morningstar faux "meat" balls pureed with spaghetti sauce

* Morningstar veggie burgers pureed with something--low-sugar BBQ Sauce?

Pureed:

sweet potato with yog or Peanut Butter

greek yog with banana and protein powder ( I like Chike Banana)

cream of wheat made with fake chicken broth

split pea soup with a dab on greek yog

Iced muscle milk with coffee (I used decaf)

The seitan Jerky is great but wait till solids (I think the one I get is Primal)

eggface protein ice cream recipes

cauliflower soup made with milk and cheese.

I missed veggies early on and would make pots of soup and puree till I could eat them chunky.

bean soup with veg bacon salt

.....I have done it all vegetarian(lacto ovo) for the last two years with success.

I have gotten some really good recipes off this site (can sort by vegan, hi Protein, ingredients, etc.):

http://www.101cookbooks.com/high_protein_recipes/

Fantastic website! This is how I love to cook/eat...I have a home garden that I cook out of, have planted fruit trees, berries and such...this author is a woman after my own heart.

love primal Jerky feedyoureye.....ive already been eyeing it at the health food store.....it's like 10g p for that serving.

dee.....just leave the onions out of the chili...add more peppers.....and i don't believe the vegan burgers by Boca have onion in then.

Thanks forthe website .....going to check that out! thinking about cutting an eggplant in half and roasting it till really well done .....maybe some marinara mozz ch for a deconstructed eggplant parm:)

Lots of egg white salad. Also tofu patties. Dry tofu, blend with one egg and whatever you wAnt. I use carrots, yellow peppers and onions. Get mixture cold. Bake at 400 until crispy. So good, my kids keep stealing them. They travel well and cause no stomach upset. Look for high Protein tofu.