Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easy Way Out? Really?

The next time someone says it is the easy way out..ask them to put on a 100 pound backpack and wear it 24/7 for a week. I am betting none would make it past a day..maybe two.

Eeee my friends I have always been bigger out of all my friends and still am. Only been out of surgery since feb 8. You know they say you find out who your friends are when you need them most. Well I have 5 bffs. People I have known for 8 to 10 plus years. One friend went totally nuts on me because I was always weak and didn't want to spend time with her four days before surgery she nearly got kicked out of my life. She even went on a so called diet to spite me cause she is afraid I will be way thinner than her... as if my body type would allow that. One friend who is nearly the same size as me got so distant when she heard I was going to have it. I am a big girl and always will have a big girl heart. So why do those friends and family act like it will effect them. Oh now I will lose weight and be the one getting attention when they always did. What jerk offs. I don't want to always be the fat friend. Well the other three bffs are absoultely wonderful encouraging in everyone true angels. When I had doubts I talked two those three.

The only easy thing about this surgery is the drive there. That is all. Lol

I have been blessed to have support from my mother, father and sister. The people that really matter in my life understand my struggles and my decision to have this procedure done. I do have this one co-worker who says she has a relative who had WLS surgery and is now extremely unhappy and thinks that she's fat when she's skinny. I told her, "your relative needs to go back to the psychiatrist she went to before the procedure. I will never understand people who won't do something because it went bad for someone they know. I lead not follow. I would rather do something about my health before I get high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease. Funny thing is my "co-worker", her husband and kids are all obese. Her smallest child is 7 and is very obese for her age. If WLS surgery is not for you.. fine, but don't discourage other people from doing what they need to do to live a happier life.

I have been really, really lucky with family and friends responses to my decision, and I think it is partly because of the way I presented it to them. They have been excited for me, and are ready to Celebrate the milestones.

When I told my family about my plans (I waited to tell them until after I had a surgery date), my sister asked me what my goals were, what I was hoping to accomplish after the surgery. I told her many things, among them the desire to fly without having to use a seatbelt extender and ride roller coasters. She immediately said to tell her when I was ready, and we would take a trip to Disney World! I am now about 4 months out, and we are going on Thursday! It will be a girls long weekend - I have 3 sisters and 2 step sisters - all but one sister is going, and we are all so excited! I am disappointed that my one sister isn't coming, and strongly suspect that she doesn't want to go to celebrate my weight loss because she is now the heaviest in the family. We have all tried all we can think of to get her to change her mind, but it just isn't happening. So, I have to hope that she will eventually be ready to take her own weight loss journey, and I will be there with bells on to support her when it happens!

So even though only one step sister even likes roller coasters (besides me), we will all be riding them with big grins this weekend! Can't wait!

Eeee my friends I have always been bigger out of all my friends and still am. Only been out of surgery since feb 8. You know they say you find out who your friends are when you need them most. Well I have 5 bffs. People I have known for 8 to 10 plus years. One friend went totally nuts on me because I was always weak and didn't want to spend time with her four days before surgery she nearly got kicked out of my life. She even went on a so called diet to spite me cause she is afraid I will be way thinner than her... as if my body type would allow that. One friend who is nearly the same size as me got so distant when she heard I was going to have it. I am a big girl and always will have a big girl heart. So why do those friends and family act like it will effect them. Oh now I will lose weight and be the one getting attention when they always did. What jerk offs. I don't want to always be the fat friend. Well the other three bffs are absoultely wonderful encouraging in everyone true angels. When I had doubts I talked two those three.

You don't need friend like that. They not acting like friend they competing with you. Just stay woth the others 3. Always remember we ask god to help us but then god start and we ask question. Some tome it take things like this to happen so we could see who are real peoples are. I have 4 bff too. One is out of the picture for different reasons. The other one's don't don't care as long that what make me happy and one of them getting sleeve too. The skinny one said that she can't wait so ee could go on vacation together. Good luck with your friends. Just remember you don't need nothing that could causes you to feel like if you doing something Wrong for yourself. The new look the new you :-)

I agree surround yourself with positive people that encourage and support you. Out with the old in with the new.