Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? about breast reduction

I went from a 48 DDD to a 34 G! I do have back pain and neck pain but and I have gone to the Chiro many times and the PT.

My problem now is that my port hurts all the time. I have made an appointment to see my band Dr in a few weeks, which I need to do anyway. But when I made the appointment the girl said sounds like you need a PS.

I am 35 pounds away from where I would be happy to be. I went from 268 to last check 189.5.

So my questions is..

Is this to soon?

Should I wait till I am closer to my goal?

How small should I go?

What is the best way to find a surgeon?

Thanks for your feed back and help.

I had a BR about 5 years ago. I went from a DDD to a C. It was the best thing I have ever done (besides my band that it!) Recovery sucked and the scars aren't pretty but it was all worth it in the end.

To find a surgeon I would recommend contacting your insurance company and finding out who is in your network and go from there. The PS should have books you can look through to see his work. Meet with a couple and go with the one that you feel the most comfortable with. When you speak with your insurance company also ask them what their requirements are to pay for the surgery and what your copay (if any) would be.

Drewslou can you tell me a little more about your surgery?

My 16 y/o is have reduction surgery in two days. I have her pain meds filled and she is out of school the following week.

How long did your recovery take?

Did you have any weight lift restrictions or such?

What can I do as a mother that might make her recovery better?

I plan on stocking up on movies and snack stuff for her to have while she is in bed.

Thanks for any insight.:)

Myra

I had a reduction 13 years ago. I agree with DrewsLou that it was one of the best things I've ever done. Recovery was tough, but you can function after a week. But you are sore for a long, long time and really it took a few months for the soreness to go away.

But man, oh man - I love them!

Sunsett I think you would be fine getting your reduction now. Especially when you look at the fact that your back size went down but your cup size actually went up. To me that says that your breasts don't get much smaller when you lose weight. I think you would be fine to go with whatever final size you want to be. At the time of my reduction I still wanted to have a chest, just not so much of it. I was a full C or a D, and I'm thrilled with the size I chose. I am proportionate and no longer feel like a freak.

Well my daughter flew through surgery like it was a minor procedure.

She has taken one pain pill but that was because it was late at night and I made her take it. I just didn't want her to start hurting and not want to wake me up for one.

Sunsett she was a 42DDD now she is a B cup and couldn't be happier.

The surgeon said he pulls the skin real tight initially but it will relax over the next couple of weeks.

Also her nipple went from about 4 - 5 inches across to 2 inches. She looked like she had tube socks with a pool ball dropped into them.

Now she can be a "pointer" not a "sitter".

Her doctor is using a technique where all the incisions are around the nipple and right under the breast in the crease. So the scarring should be minimal. He doesn't do the old traditional wedge shape incisions.

I will keep you updated on how things go in the next week or two.

Myra

Wow Thanks everyone. Myra I'm glad yoru DD is doing so well.

I go to my PCP on Tuesday and I plan on telling him that it is time for him to help me out and recommend a reduction.

So far everyone I have spoken to has said that they are thrilled they did it.

Thanks for bringing up the proportion issure Chrispy. I never looked at it that way and it sure does make a lot of sense!

I will let you all know what he says on Tuesday!

When I was doing my research on breast reduction, I used the site www.breasthealthonline.org quite frequently. I had my breast reduction and lift nearly 3 years ago and went from a tight J cup to a full C/D. I had a fantastic surgeon. Best decision I ever made. Kelli

hey ThickChick - I haven't lost that much weight yet - but my cup size is unchanged. One thing I am doing (42/44 DDD) to keep from dragging on the floor is sleeping in a sports bra. I really think it is helping. Your skin shrinks gradually - and gravity is not our friend.

I got my bras at Walmart - they have some spandex ones with the x back on them that work great - or if you want more comfort - Bestform (i think) has one there that is mostly cotton and quite comfy. I don't think they actually say they are for DDD cups - but they work.

I wish I had started wearing them when I was 15.

Good luck!

Well I went to PCP yesterday and as you saw on Saturday Kathy, became emotional. This was good though he needs to see how nuts I am.

He referred me to a PS he said that there are only 2 in Charlotte that he would recommend. One of them is about 6 miles from home so I went in and made an appointment. I'll be going on Dec 18th for my first consult. He also told me that it should be covered no problem by the insurance.

As far as boobs getting smaller, for me no they haven't. I was a 48 DDD and stayed DDD until about a 38 then went to a FF until now 34G when the band goes down the cup goes up. Very confusing I think.

Beanie I don't think I could find a sports bra comfortable enough to sleep in. Walmart doesn't go much past D's.

The reduction idea is getting more comfortable everyday due to the fact that I'm getting more uncomfortable!

I'll keep you posted.

pssst..i forgot to metion that they are perky, perky, perky afterwards. That may be all the motivation you need. lol

Good luck with your consult! :)

I like the perky idea.

What size do you think? I spoke with my aunt tonight who had inplants and she says a B is perfect she is a c/d. She says the older you get the less boobs you want!