Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with pending March surgery date?

Hi, I am almost done with all the approvals I was required to do for the surgery. I did the pulmonary function test yesterday, have my c-pap machine now, have cardiac approval, had blood work done this morning, have finished two of the required nutritional classes. Medicare requires 1 class per month for 3 months, psyc eval done, next Wed, going for gp letter of necessity. My last class is March 1, pre op class March 4 and then hopefully I will get a date set. Anymore waiting and jumping through the hoops?

Hello,

I do have a March surgery date... I have been jumping through hoops since the beginning of last summer, and I only have two more hoops to jump through, pre surgery testing and finding new primary care physician.... sooooo it is the final countdown for me :D

You will get there soon too and then you can sigh in relief as I did when I finally got my surgery date.

March 13th surgery date. No hoops here.. I just had to fork over cold hard cash.

Hello to all, This upcoming week I will be jumping thru many hoops for my WLS. My surgery date as of today is March 11th and I hope there are no set backs. Monday I get all my blood work done, Thursday I have to get a chest x-ray and I am hoping by now my family doctor has sent in my letter of necessity. I need to call my surgeon's office this week and check to make sure they have received it. I also have asked for several of my medications to be changed over to liquid, I wanted to make sure this was taken care of before my surgery. I have a 2nd visit with my surgeon on Feb 26th. I am scared for sure and excited all at the same time. I keep second guessing myself and I need to stop doing that. Good luck to all of you and lets keep in touch since we are all on the same path. Its good to have folks that understand what you are going thru.

I have a tentative "late March" date...waiting on insurance approval now.

I just found out today my date is March 4. This is has been quite a journey for me. I was actually approved for my surgery back in Dec. after jumping through hoops to even get approval from my insurance company. Really excited though....can't wait!

I jumped through my last hoop yesterday as far as the docs approvals are concerned. Now a March 1st and 4th class and then see the surgeon for his go-ahead and the date will be set. Now the task of getting my head on straight with this way of eating until the surgery. I have ordered some Unjury to try, got one bottle of Isopure, GNC dude said the fruit punch was the best, some others not so good and a small bag of Cellucor, or something like that. I am not going to worry so much on the clear Protein Drinks cause my doc progresses you pretty quick to the full liquids. I am getting rid of some of the things in the freezer I don't want to eat or eating things I can't have for the two weeks before the surgery and I am keeping track of the food. Looking forward to the day us March sleevers cross over to the Post Op posts.

me!!! all done with testing - having 2nd consultation on monday and am hoping for a march 6th date!!

March 13th surgery date. No hoops here.. I just had to fork over cold hard cash.

That's true for me too. I was so worried about all the pre test but once they heard self pay the Dr. Said " ok when do u want your surgery". I said just as soon as I finish your pre-op diet. So we sch it for March 4h.

I'm scheduled for March4th. This is day 2 on the pre op diet.so Carnot too bad. I just have to check my blood glucose levels more frequently. At this point, I have more anxiety around getting through the pre op diet than the surgery. I have heart issues and have had multiple surgical procedures for that, so that surgery itself doesn't faze me anymore.

Same here! Cash & quick. I'm 3/13 too! I wanted it done ASAP, but now I'm getting scared. I figure it must be how a groom feels before his wedding. haha

I'm scheduled for this coming Monday, the 4th. At this point, I'm just impatient, the last 2 weeks haven't been too bad. I haven't really been hungry however, I have been tired and had slight headaches. The biggest problem has been not letting my blood sugars get too low, so I've been testing more frequently. I'm a pretty controlled diabetic normally, but the cues or indicators that I normally get when my glucose levels. are dropping aren't occurring with the pre op diet.