Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Okay--it is hard to tyoe because I am shaking from laughing so hard about the EVIL CHICKEN!!!!!!!

I too had a death match with the evil chicken fingers last night. I had put myself on self inflicted pre-op diet yesterday. Protein shake for Breakfast, Soup for lunch, a little Protein Drink in the afternoon and a WW Smart Ones for dinner. Certainly not many calories. Then around 7pm last night I got sooo HUNGRY! I fought it off and then realized there were 2 little chicken fingers in the fridge left over from my daughter's lunch the day before. Beversman, I hear the song too! I tried and tried and eventually caved. They were SOOOO GOOD! How sad. I think if I were on a doctor imposed diet, I would have done better. But I started rationalizing with myself that I have lost 18 pounds the past 8 weeks by Portion Control and lower calories, so what difference will 4 days of pre-op diet make. And knowing that I was setting myself up for a binge the way I was not letting myself eat much yesterday was enough for me to throw in the towel after not even a full day. I am weak. I know by following my points and my gym routin, I will be down another 2 this week to total 20 pounds lost by Monday. That should be darn good enough!!!

NATHALIE! I am thinking of you! I hope you are at this point all doped up and recovering peacefully. Get your hot stuffins back here ASAP.

Sweethot-my surgery sister! We are so close now. I too am cleaning like mad. I emptied my entire fridge last night. Threw out everything except the Condiments and things I bought this week. I am going to scrub my bathroom on hands and knees today. I cleaned out my drawers and plan to get under my bed later. Talk about nesting! Have a nice dinner out tonight.

Itsuptome-sorry to hear about the tummy troubles. I too am one of those people that had to learn the hard way sometimes. It probably is a good thing that it hurt to eat the cookie. Hope you are doing great-congrats on your loss.

Mystique-good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you!

Steph-I watched the finaly of Biggest Loser last night! UNBELIEVABLE!! I really didn't think someone as big as Eric could be that thin. I don't know why, I judt thought you would always be a little bigger. Where the heck did all their skin go???? What about Poppi? Jennifer, Brian??? Flipping amazing! What an inspiring show. Kai looked incredible too, but her attitidue was annoying me a bit. I think she was just putting it on, but I wanted to shake her and beg her to act normal. She did look really transformed though. Great show.

I am off to do my cleaning. Hang in there everyone.

~Kay

Welcome back to all you banded mamas! I am thrilled to see you all on here. What a great group to take this journey with!

Itsuptome, I am glad you are doing well. I was wondering since I haven't heard from you since before last tuesday. I had mine on the same day. I am doing well. No pain, only my incision to the right of my belly button (where the port is) bothers me when I bend down. I am still on liquids until next Monday then mushy. Too bland-yuck! I am ready for real food. Did you say you have staples? I haev disolvable stiches. I go for my 2 week post op on Monday. I am already down 10#. but like you I think it is just Water weight. When do you think you will get your first fill? For the first week I wasn't very hungary after each liquid meal. Now I am starving after about 3 hours. I usually have a Light and Fit Yogurt smoothie for Breakfast, Boost high Protein (chocolate/yummy) for lunch and a Soup for dinner. But right now it's not enough...Keep it touch. Glad you are doing good.

my surgery is almost here oh my goodness

steph you seem to be do going great

beaversman you too awesome pre-op dieting

everyone here is awesome

Hello everyone I am sorry I haven't posted lately. I have been busy getting things ready for Christmas. I am having a get to gether tomorrow night for about 12 friends and I have been all involved with that. I am feeling great and I have lost 20+ lbs and I am so happy. I am not hungry and am not craving carbs like I was afraid I would. I am so glad to hear how well everyone is doing. Please beware of the evil chicken fingers! LOL One of the things that I love about this site is the sense of hummor all of you have. This is the only place I can come and truley understand evil chicken fingers. Thank you all for the support and love it is making this so much easier. I am so glad to belong to the Dec group. I went to lunch today and the waitress knows I had band surgery and said she couldn't charge me full price cause I didn't eat enough. I guess that is another plus for banding. I'll post later good to see everyone doing well

Hello everyone - I went back to work today, okay, I tried to go back to work today, lasted about 6 hours and then came home to take a nap. I think I over did it, I am now on unpaid time so I'm trying not to miss too much work. Scheduled for a 1/2 day tomorrow, should be fine to go back after Monday. I am still on a liquid diet until 1/7/07, and it is killing me, I am really tired of Protein Drinks. Although I did solve the problem of wanting to chew something. I take a small bite of what ever I make for dinner, chew it for about 2 minutes and then spit it out. It's disgusting, but atleast it I can chew and feel better that I am eating something that I want.

Howdy, Y'all! Just checking back in with everyone! I hope everyone had a great day! Steph- I am 5'6" with a relatively large frame. I attended a Christmas luncheon today with the management team at my employer and I was so miserable the entire time. I am so ashamed that I have allowed myself to get this large. I am really motivated to get rid of this weight once and for all! I don't want to be super skinny- just to be more comfortable and more confident and be able to be more active with my daughter. Just think, next Christmas we will all be much healthy and looking much better as well! I'm excited for all of us! By the way- my name is Mary (much easier to remember that mcwms)! Have a great night, Y'all!

hello again! I love coming on here to all my friends - I feel so connected to all of you, like I've known you forever.

I was feeling really good today, I went in to work for about an hour. Just incase you have forgotten I work at a golf club which is closed for the season but I'm the office manager so I still go in and collect the mail, pay bills, etc. - so I'm on unemployment for the winter. Yeah I love my job. So then I ran to the bank and store - I think I over did it and was tired. I was so hungry when I got home that I ate 2 half cups of Soup, BUT I think I screwed up cause it wasn't broth, what I did was threw the Soup in the blender and made it like a shake, yeah it looked gross. I thought I thinned it enough, it was like the thinner baby foods. But then I ate a sf fudgecicle (its on my list from the dr) and that was like a real treat! Then I ate sf Jello - I was MISERABLE all evening! I layed in bed with the heating pad, I walked, I took gasx, I took a hot shower and drank hot tea - I must have really over ate - but I feel fine now. (now that I'm back in my jammies)

I'm going in to the dr tomorrow, I just have surgical tape on my incisions and the 2 small ones have come off - and the 2nd largest is almost off. I'm not sure if I'm healed enough not to be taped so dr said come on in he would prefer to check it himself. I hope they weigh me. I think I've lost.

Sweethot - hey girl! I haven't heard from you in a while! How ya doing? I guess you are pretty excited hu?

Nikki - good luck girl! I know you are excited! What time to you go in?

Annie - thinking of you .. come back and check in with us asap!

Kay - you are doing awesome - you and sweethot have the same day? Monday? Hey.... would that be FOUR days till you're banded? 4? Four? 4? I bet you only have 4 days left!!! woohoo!!!!:clap2:

BK - how long do you have?

Mary, Carol, Thininde, Hermosa - all of you I'm so excited for us! WE will do this and we have each other to help us along the way.

Nat - can't wait to hear from you!

Love ya girls - talk to ya tomorrow!

Good Evening everyone.

Carol-you sound wonderful! I am so excited for you. Please send me the vibes that I will be as fortunate in my recovery as you have been!!!!

BKwalling-are you getting psyched? I can't believe we are only 3 days away.

((Patty)))-hang in there girl. Hopefully this liquid period will go by fast for you. Have you tried Soups, whipped cottage cheese, thin hot ceral? I can only imagine that the Protein shakes will get very unexciting very fast. I am not really thrilled with my liquid Christmas this year, but I am willing to do what needs to be done. Remember-this too shall pass. It will be a distant memory before you know it and you will be looking & feeling Fabulous!!!!

Mary-I know how you felt at the Christmas luncheon! I am feeling better now than I have in a while, but I have had plenty of those social gatherings where I just felt so awful about myself. I am hoping this is the beginning of the end for all of us when it comes to those crappy feelings.

I went to my 2nd seminar tonight which is a requirement for the surgery. It was fine. I remember the first seminar being so informative, but this time it seemed redundant (mostly because I have learned so much here on this site!). It dragged on during the Q&A period but that was due to one woman who went on and on about her brother's wife's cousin's dog sitter's mother who had this or that ailment. Do you know the type? That every ailment creates a long drawn out story? I swear I run into one of those people in just about every setting I am in. Maybe I am just cranky-I just found that a lot of people were leaving because she kept carrying on about useless info and the surgeon speaking couldn't keep her on topic. kinda frustrating. But one cool thing was at the meeting there was a girl there who had the surgery 18 months ago and was down 135 pounds! Awesome! She had her before pics too-talk about motivating!!!!

3 more days...3 more days...3 more days.... (since Nathalie can't chant how many more days left, I figure I will-hehe-miss you Nat!).

~Kay

well thats me off im about to become a bandit ....im shitting myself arggggggggh wish me luck im thinking of asking for anti nausea b4 op...pmsl talk tomorrow

oh good luck

kay dot rn I am so excited I told my husband I believe I am the luckiest woman alive this surgery will change my life

steph c dec the 18th there is a lot of people being banded this day hope they don't run out of bands he he

kay the seminar are okay aren't they but I will be happy to have the band and not just hear about having the band how bout u

I love this thread thanks for all your support

we are here through thick and thin

literally

I went for my post op yesterday and got my staples out. Everything looks great per doc and he was thrilled with the 19# (20 as of this morning) he said I could move to stage 4 eating since I was recovering so well and tolerating the food. Stage 4 is anything I want (witin reason) limited to no more than 1cup of food 6 times a day. He pointed out to NOT overeat, he said there is no saline in my band so he cant unfill me if I overeat, he said I should never again for the res tof my life consume more than 1cup of food at a time. He also said stay away from steak, thick skins (pot, apple etc) nuts, seeds and fried foods. He also said to make sure I am consuming 70 grams of Protein a day, let me tell you if you do that there is no opportunity to eat anything bad for you. The protein will prevent hairloss, muscle loss and promote steady weight loss. Anyway, just wanted to check in with everyone and say good morning. On the subject of the cookie, he said its not typical for lapband patients to experience "dumping" syndrom but its not unheard of. He also said its more likely from the flour/fat combo than the sugar and I have to admit I seem to be having issues with white flour foods. Good luck to all and hope everyone is recovering well. Have a great day!

So I went grocery shopping today and looked to find liquid gas x and liquid tylenol and they didn't have either of them! The only store I have a choice of is the commissary on base and the BX/PX. No selection here in Europe. I got chewable gas X, hopefully the dr. will have something to give me in the hospital.

I got lots of broths, ss/ff jello's and puddings, I have stocked up on Protein drinks and powder. So hopefully I will make it through the liquid phase. tonight we have a christmas party for my husband squadron, I'm am going to try to stay away from the bad stuff! Luckily I don't drink, so I won't be having all those empty calories.

good luck this weekend!

Kaydot- MOnday is almost here!! Oh my goodness, are you nervous? I am .

Uuggghhh... ladies I am TIRED today. I am getting all my protien, but I am still starting to feel the effects of no solid food. :faint:

I had my EKG and all my blood work yesterday... my heart is as fit as can be.

Then i went and paid the bill for the surgery (OMG)! I always knew the price but it was a bit different to acutally see the reciept!

:notagree (need sleepy)

--Brandi

Hi,

I originally posted on the Introduction page, and it was suggested that I post here also. I live in Ferris, TX (near Dallas) and my surgeon is Dr. Richard Benavides. I was originally scheduled on Dec. 21, at SCOR but received a call last night that I've been rescheduled for Dec. 29, 2006 at Richardson Regional Hosp AND I have to stay overnight!!!!!. I was all pumped about next week, but now just a little disappointed. And the only thing that hasn't changed is the Dr. and the type of surgery( I made SURE to get THAT straight!!!!!):welldone2: And now that's another whole week on the pre-op diet!:hungry: Oh well, such is life. I'm still thrilled to be having this done.At least maybe I can cheat just a little, hunh? Anyway, congratulations to all you December bandsters, and I'm soooo happy to be a part of you.

Thanks,

Butterfly