Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

hehe... Kay is a weirdo.

I think that sounds delicous! who cares if you spit it out? just don't swallow....

wow... that conversation could take a dangerous turn... :)

I am getting ready to make my mom take my belly pictures... they will be on the scar page.

Here they are, http://www.lapbandtalk.com/scar-stages-share-t6117.html?p=351105#post351105

Hi Everyone!

I was finally banded on December 19th! The surgery went very well--they took excellent care of me!

The worst thing I've experienced since the surgery was muscle pain all over my body! :faint: I did not take any of the Vicodin they gave me (need my wits about me because I'm doing the single mom thing...). I did take Tylenol every 6 hours on days 2 and 3 though. I didn't need any Tylenol today and I'm finally starting to move better!

The saddest/funniest thing that's happened since my surgery was trying to sit down and get up off of my very soft living room couch! :) I'm so happy it's just my son and I at home because it must be quite a sight watching me try to wriggle and jiggle my puffed out belly and big fat butt over to the edge of the sofa. To make matters worse, my stupid arms wouldn't push me up at all because of the muscle pain, so there I was, laying there like a beached whale. It must have looked like an old episode of The Carol Burnett Show! :lol:

The one "bad" thing I've done was to drive to work on Thursday. :opps2: I went in for a few hours to answer e-mails and pick up holiday gifts. I told a couple colleagues that I had surgery and they were mad at me for keeping it a secret in case I needed help. When I explained that I didn't want any bad karma before the procedure, they seemed to understand!

So far I haven't gotten the "hungry horrors" yet. :hungry: I've been taking in about 64 ounces of fluids in various forms and 90+ grams of Protein every day. A lot of people posted about having horrendous gas pains, but thank God, I haven't experienced that yet either! I've been taking one Gas-X chewable four times a day. I also have to take two chewable multi-vitamins, two chewable TUMS for Calcium, and one Biotin pill every day.

I've started working on making food for our Christmas dinner and I haven't had any trouble with that yet. I decided to make one part of the meal each day from today until Christmas so I don't get too worn out. :lunch:

I was lucky to get a sampler package of different high-protein foods from my doctor's office, such as hot chocolate, Protein shakes, drink mixes, and Soups. Most of those have tasted pretty good. I've been experimenting with making my vanilla Protein shake mix taste better though. I threw in two small spoonfuls of sugar-free, fat-free pudding one day before blending it and that seemed to help. Today I tossed in a couple spoonfuls of low-sugar, low-fat strawberry yogurt and that was pretty tasty, too.:lick

I've decided to avoid the scale until I go for my post-op checkup on Janaury 3rd! Although I'm not supposed to be focused on losing weight during the first month, I'm secretly hoping that all of these liquids are just passing on through so I'll be a little skinnier when I go in to the doctor! :)

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas!!! :D

hehe... Kay is a weirdo.

I think that sounds delicous! who cares if you spit it out? just don't swallow....

wow... that conversation could take a dangerous turn... :)

I am getting ready to make my mom take my belly pictures... they will be on the scar page.

LMAO! I am a weirdo, now it is confirmed. And I have no intentions of "swallowing" anything like that either-Doctor does not approve, or at least that is what I am telling DH..hahaha. Okay, sorry for the crudeness. I try to keep the filty girl in me quiet on this board.

Okay..I have had it with you Beversman-not only do youhave will of steal during pre-op, feeling great and on here chatting day of surgery, but now you show me scars that look like nothing? Who did your lapband, David Copperfield? I am amazed. Looks good girl!

Congrats for all the recent bandsters! I can't believe how well you're all doing!

OH and I finally slept on my belly last night!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Who did your lapband, David Copperfield? I am amazed. Looks good girl!

Dr. Trace Curry-Copperfield that is... HA. He is amazing.

My surgery only took 20 mintues too! He is a rock-star!

He did 8 lap-band surgeries today alone... I was number 8.

So, he was well warmed up. I can't even tell which one is my port... they are all so tiny... but there is a bruise on the middle one now. So, I think that is it. They kind of pull around on that one, and I think that is why I have a bruise popped out there.

I feel good... BUT I have walked about two miles... just pacing back and forth. From what I read from all of you the quicker I walk (no matter how much I dont like it) the quicker this gas goes away! I think it already starting to go away just a bit. I dont like that swelled feeling in my tummy.

I am eating some Protein infused chicken broth! mmmmm... (yeah right)

Nathalie--

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Thanks for the tip about bodyforlife.com about the high Protein, low calorie, low fat recipes! I just bookmarked it so I can go back to it once I'm able to be off of liquids.< /p>

Cool! :)

It's great to hear so many of you doing well. I am really nervous right now and just keep wondering if it's worth it. I weigh over 300 pounds though, so my health is in jeopardy. Already my knees have been killing me for a year, and no other diets have worked for long. i guess it's just all the "what could happens" my surgeon went over yesterday. I cried all the way home. Thus far, my husband doesn't understand and therefor is not supportive, but my friends are being great. I'm hoping to receive more support from this site, too. And I'll go to the live support groups, too. I've been on liquids for 4 days with 6 to go. Gotta shrink that liver. I was told that I'd be on the same thing for a month afterwards, too. Today I missed chewing so I had egg whites. Jello just doesn't cut it as far as a good "chew". I have read people's messages about high-protein Soups. Can someone help me here?

Merry CHristmas!

Siyah-welcome. I a note sure if I can help you on the high Protein Soups but I would loveto hear from someone else on the matter! I did not havea pre-op liquid diet so I can only sympathize. Beversman is our resident professional on the liquid diet, she may be able to help you out.

As far as your fears..they are totally normal. I had so many myself. I was never 100% sure that I was doing the right thing. Pre-surgery I was fat but reasonable healthy but I was afraid of what the next 10 years would bring if I didn't do something a little more drastic than take another walkdown the diet aisle. Just think, it is scary to go under the anesthesia and have this surgery, but it will be just as scary when you have to go under to have your knees replaced in a few years and you may still be overweight. I don't mean to sound harsh but that is how I rationalized itto myself. If not this surgery, my future would hold some other surgery and I would still be obese. You have to make this decision yourself and check out your surgeon. Once I was in pre-op and saw the dozens of people having various surgeries, I started to feel more comfortable..it wasn;t as big of a deal as I had built in my head. Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Transformer & Sweethot-I totally know what you meanabout the laughing hurting like hell. I have been dying to get out a good cough but every time I try, it feels like I am ripping open. Just last night I finally felt like I could deep cough without hurting anything..aaahhhh. Laughing is getting easier too.

ChubbyGirl-WTH-you are sleeping on your stomach! I am green with envy. I have not had a full night sleep since sx because i just can't get comfy. I am getting closer though. Maybe sometime next week. Enjoy that belly sleep!

Have a good morning.

Beversman, glad to see your doing well. I'm back home now. Most of my gas pain is gone. I have just alittle lift in my shoulder. My incisions are doing ok too except for the port spot. That one hurts more than I thought. I came home last night to find the kids having burger king for dinner. It smelt both really good and really gross at the same time if that makes any sense. I'm hoping to go back to work on Tuesday but we'll see.

Everyone take care and Happy Holidays.

did everyone see my scars on scar stages I couldn't make the pic smaller but u can stilll tell

I am excited they are smaller than I expected

beversman I am suprised you are doing so well congrats

I agree with kay my second day was worse for me but you seem to be a real good trooper

okay all I must brag I have dropped from 267 on the day on surgery to 259 today that is 8 lbs in less than one wk some body stop me I am not sure the weight loss will stay this good but I am happy with my band

wow B-man - you are something else! I couldn't even open my eyelids that soon after surgery. I had it done around 2:30 and at 8:00 I told my DH to go home since all I was doing was sleeping. Of course it was on and off sleep that night but no way could I have posted. I'm proud of you - and now that I think of it I'm thinking maybe its because you are 20 years younger then me! I just looked at your scar pics - good job!

Itchy, Itchy, Itchy been there babes - cortizone cream and V-E work very well. I called the doc on that one. I am dry anyway and live for hot oily baths during the winter so it was just about killing me not to have a good soak. I'm healed enough now that I can take a bath.

I went to the church Christmas party last night - its a family thing - every year. food food food - they all know now that I had the band so everyone was cool. I took my Soup, and then I ate some mushy potatoes and some pudding stuff. My only concern was the one pudding had crushed pineapple in it - I only ate about a Tbls or 2 and it didn't seem to hurt. Like all the liquids it went right through. I know I'm less then 2 weeks out but I can't wait to get a fill! Tomorrow I will be on full mushy phase so I'm hoping that the food will stay with me longer then. I worry that I'm taking in too many calories with the liquids. If you start adding up all the creamy Soups and oatmeal... I don't know maybe not.

So while at the party - there were some women who had gastric bypass there, and their brother is wanting to get banded. He was at the support group last week, just waiting for insurance to come through. They gave me some advice about puree-ing stuff. They said keep some of the broth or gravey to add to the meat since its dry and doesn't go down easy. Then I had 2 others who were pumping me for info. One has actually gone to the seminar. So I was flashing my scars last night.

siyah - whens your surgery. Its perfectly normal to be scared. We're here for you.

Karen - my port is on my right side and about 6 inches about my belly button. I suppose its due to our body shapes - since I am an apple I guess my belly button is lower then most. I have to really press in to feel it now. I just know where its at because of the larger scar.

Eric - I'm sure you're wife will be happy to have the old Eric back. I know my hubby is very supportive in my weight loss. He'll feel like he got the girl he married back.

Annie - good to hear you're back to belly sleeping. Feels good hu? Don't worry Kay - you'll soon be there too.

To all of you - every day gets better. I can't believe how great I feel. Back to normal. That was what the one lady at church who has gone to the seminar but scared, she said she just couldn't get over how quick I healed. I told her I won't lie Gloria, the first day I felt horrible, the 2nd day was bad, 3 was better, 4 I was out shopping. Every day just keeps gettting better. Even the hope of eating food again gets better... now theres the hope of a fill...

Talk to ya later - gonna try to clean house and start cooking for the crowd thats coming tomorrow.