Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hi, all! I am having trouble with the dreaded Constipation. Sorry! But I've done 2 rounds of milk of mag. with no results. Since dec. 8 two blow-outs are all that I've done. I honestly felt that was left from the pre-op colon cleansing . Well, I go back to the doc tomorrow. I'll walk tonight and drink the rest of the diet green tea before bedtime. I'm excited about getting out of the house tomorrow. Take care! Dianne

I got banded today! I feel great! Just sore no pain! Ihave not been hungry. I was hping that would be the case. Just wanted to let everyone know how I was doing!!

Hey December lapbanders!

I just wanted to check in here and see how you are all doing! My surgery date is in January so I have been posting there.

Bandiva: How did your surgery go? I wish I was there with you like we were supposed to get banded on the same day. I hope all is well.

Take care guys and see you around!!!

Audree

I am wondering what is the diet or if any one would like to share the diet they have after munchies ?

Welcome to the new Journey dont forget .. NEW YEAR NEW LIFE NEW US!!

Everyone have a great X-mass. Oh my the way I just started my muchies week so any ideas would be help full and what amount . :clap2:

clau

Just a quick note cuz I'm headed back to the bathroom. The MOM worked a little too well! I ended up taking 8 tablespoons in 4 hours. Too much, I know, but I didn't feel anything after the first full dose, and I was desperate. I have what Dave Chappelle calls "mud butt." It looks like something from Alien is being expelled from my hind parts. But ummm YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I GOT THE POOPIES! I bet I am like 3 pounds lighter by morning. HA!

Love you guys,

Nat

WARNING - too much info below:biggrin1:

NGAdams: I am so on the "mudd butt" wagon with you. I was starting to wonder if I had been eating sticky paste in my sleep. I just did two tablespoons of MOM and I'm starting to hear the gurgling. It hasn't really helped me much though, the past few days with 2 tablespoons at night, I just have more mudd that never seems to end, or really amount to much "result" in "the end". :P

Anyone have any good remedies to suggest, I'm someone who has always been regular and this is just killing me!!!!!

Mudd be gone !!!!!

You guys need to get benefiber and stir it into your liquids. That will help alot to bind things together and get them moving as planned... hehe. Seriously, it will help alot.

You mud-butts!

Well, one more day for me. I sure hope I dont regret this on the other side. Got all my Christmas shopping done today. Getting ready to wrap everything. (sigh)

love you all. thank you for being sure a great group of women. I look forward to hearing from you everyday.

I will definitely be on here all day tomorrow... lol, don't tell my boss. I keep peaking while Im at work to see what is going down on our thread. It is hard to keep up with ya.

Beversman, I'll be on part of the day tomorrow, too. I am getting up early (I hope) to bake a few pies for ppl at work, and I have to attend my office potluck until about noon. But when I get home I'll be here to chitty chat and crack jokes.

bkwalking - how are you feeling? You said you were in a lot of pain earlier, is that getting any better for you? I started crying when they rolled me away from my BFF, DS and Daddy. Then they gave me some kind of "calm her downs" and I was instantly zooted. Righteous! LOL I'm not hungry at all, by the way. AT ALL. I am 6 days out. Tomorrow makes a week.

ddee - I come here first and peruse the rest of the board at will. I turned off my email notifications completely. This is my "home." I was in the Rants/Raves section and tangled with another member, and since then I'm not too keen on venturing out.

StephC - you can have sf fudgesicles? Lucky dog! I can't have that or the sf pudding yet. Only the damn Jello and popsicles. Plus Crystal Light (which I hate). Otherwise I have to stick to my pre-packaged, surgeon approved, protein-enriched products. I think the Water rule starts with the mushy stage, or you're going to be super hungry because nothing will stay in the upper part of your tummy. I don't have tummy rumbles (yet).

Levi (Carol) - we'll be thinking about you tomorrow! Have a safe and memorable experience! We'll be waiting to hear from you and to help you as we can!

laphappy - I sent you a PM. 9 days and barely a move in the scale? Quit tripping and pull out the tape measure. The scale is full of garbage, but the tape measure is the true proof of changed in your body. I measure 2x per month (15th and 30th/31st). From my pre-op diet I lost 1.5" on each thigh and 1" on my hips. Uh huh. The scale shows me as only losing 3 pounds (12 pounds total since 12/1) but the tape measure makes me feel like Catherine Zeta Jones. As for the variations in post-op eating, I only concern myself with what MY doctor told ME. I'm a little jealous that some ppl get to eat Christmas dinner, but I don't want to cheat on MY program, so I'm only worried about what I put into my own mouth. I refuse to cheat myself; I am determined to be successful based on my surgeon's plan for me.

cathy1 - congrats! I hope you'll post more frequently here. We're a loony bunch, but we're good people. Even if you're not posting, I hope you're finding useful information from your December Surgery Sisterhood.

bexy - congratulations! You're home already and on the computer? You totally rock. How are you doing at home? Are you getting enough attention and rest? Amazing that you have no pain. Are you taking your pain meds at all? Another warrior, I see. :lol:

Clau - what do you mean "the munchies?" Do you mean "mushies?" What have you been smokin, girl? j/k I love that "New Year, New Life, New Me" - I love that.

BEG82 - that apple juice idea is a good one; I may have to try it. I will not have wine at New Years. I'm totally a wine drinker, but I think it may have too much acid. And I don't know how wine will hit me after not drinking it for so long. I'd hate to have a really bad reaction and toss my Cookies so soon after being banding. Just my thoughts though.

VABandster - welcome! I, too, am hesitant to go to solids. I am afraid to go on mushies. I don't like pain at ALL, so I am fearing the golfball. My friend (who had the RNY) said it's more like a brick. Me no likey! I'm on fluids until 1/2, and then we'll see about moving up to thicker foods. Have fun on your date! (Woo woo)

jillrn - wow, you are doing REALLY well if you ate part of a burger. I'm impressed. And you're back on your belly? Cool Beans. I'm a side sleeper, so I'm not having too many problems. I don't know why I don't like sleeping on my belly. I was thinking about our NEXT Year's Christmas pictures while we got our pics taken today. I hope to be at a point where I WANT to take a full body picture. I don't even think I'm showing anyone's this year's picture. :P It was a very stark reality for me, and I wasn't happy to face it.

KayDotRn - You hanging in there girlfriend? These first few days are rough. Percocet rocks! When you cough, it helps to hold a pillow over your tummy so you don't feel like you're going to bust through the closures. I tried an abdominal binder like I had after my caesarean, but it wasn't comfortable at all. Are you writing down your intake? I am getting about 45oz of fluids each day (counting the liquid diet food and my water). My goal is to increase a little each day. I'm glad you had a positive hospital experience! And welcome back - we missed you! :lol:

Was that this thread where someone mentioned mixing Protein powder in a hot beverage? I just checked and couldn't find it. Anyhow, I read that the Protein clumps in hot liquids. Warm is okay, but hot makes it clump up. It doesn't change the effectiveness of the Protein, but it does make it nassy.

Sorry for the book - I missed you guys today and didn't want to ignore anyone's post. :star:

My poopies have turned off, hopefully for the night. I feel SO MUCH BETTER! Cracks me up that I was literally full of shit. HAHAHAHHA

Sweet dreams to all, and to all a good night ---

Nathalie

Hey Y'alll. One fifteen the morning after. Had to stay at hosp. till 8:00 ish due to the fact that I couldn't pee. Finally half way through the 3rd IV bag, success! Had a "wretch/gas" episode a couple of hours after arriving home. My sweet 19 year old daughter has been my wonderful nurse, even to the extent of my phenergan suppository...LOL. I told her she was paying me back for all those times I dr'd, cared for her. liquid Vicoden working well. Very little gas pain so far. Surgeon did great job with glue only, but my surgery lasted right at 2 hours.

Welcome Kirsten and Carol! willl be thinking about you today and say a little prayer for you also.

Discovered a clear liquid treat, SF Spiced Cider Appple flavor drink mix, by Alpine for Krusteaz. Just add 6-8 oz. hot Water.

Sweet dreams all.

Love Kathy :notagree :notagree :notagree

Hi everyone,

I cannot sleep and decided yo jump on and catch up a bit. I would love to respond to everyone's posts individually but I don't know that I have it in me yet. ((((December Sisters)))) <----my official group hug for those newly banded, being banded soon and new to the group.

I will get more personal as I get some more energy.

That said, I am feeling better every minute. The percocet is definitely keeping the edge off my pain. I am not hungry at all. I am trying to have something every 2 hours or so and sipping Water throughout the day. It is slow going. It took me an hour to eat 1/2 of a Jello cup. I can drink about 4 oz of Protein shake an hour so it is a bit longer to get the whole thing down. My gas is still mad crazy and every time I wipe I put a little pressure on the peri area to see if I can pass some and man it feels good when it does. I know that is a lot of personal info, but if Nat and Lap can talk about their mudd butts than I can talk about my gas. hahaha

I am passing stoll but it is miniscule and like mustard. Weird. I hope that is okay. I was given liquid colace but took one dose and I just cannot take it if I don't have to. If I start to get bound, I will try it but it is horrendous and the dose is a tablespoon. ack!

Beversman-hang in there. You will do fine and I can tell you I have NO REGRETS! And I was totally not 100% sure going in. I know it is soon to say since I don't know what the future holds but I am feeling much more confident in my decision. Best of luck!

I am thinking of having DH take me to Target today for a few last minute things. He said he can just pick the stuff up for me, but I really want to try to get out and walk a bit. If I get tired, I can always wait in the car. Wish me luck on my outing. It should be tolerable. I think I was under the belief that I would be up and walking the neighborhood the next day and at the gym a few days later. So not happening!!!! I am going to take it slow.

I think I will try to go back to sleep for a bit. Night all.

KayDotRN I was at Beth Israel too, who was your surgeon?

Sorry it took so long to respond. My surgeon was Dr. Schneider. He was fantastic. Originally I had hoped for Dr. Jones since that is who my friend had and she loved him. But i didn't choose and I was assigned Dr. S. I am thrilled with him. They are a great team. Who did you have?

Maybe we can meet up at a post op meeting...how fun...

It's the last day ladies! I caught the cleaning bug last night too. :-)

Sitting here at work... not thinking about work.

Wish my time hadn't been delayed for tomorrow. I was looking forward to having no time to think about it. Just getting in there and getting it done. Now, I have all morning to get myself worring about stupid crap.

Ahhh.... back to work.