Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Natalie in Michigan....Good luck.....it is very exciting going in for the surgery...I am sure you will do wonderful!!!!

Hey Beversman----didn't go to the emergency room. I'm fine!! I hope whoever it was is okay.

Sorry O-Rock!

It was GigglesTX... boy did THAT get confusing.

I sure hope she is doing ok.

------------------

Nat!! luv ya girl, we will be here on Friday when you get home :-)

Transformer!! You're back! yeah... the search party is working!

8 days for me. I had a "chick finger" challenge tonight. I went to see my family... I went at 7:00pm believing they would be done with dinner, and I wouldnt have to face the temptation. I got there and they had these wonderful looking chicken Fingers and were all eating away.... uuugghhhh

I almost... i mean ALMOST gave in... I was really trying to determine, "would it be THAT bad to give in just ONCE?" I knew though that giving in once would lead to giving in twice... and here I go again.

So, after they were done eating and the leftover were in the refrigerator... I walked past and opened the door 10 times. Convinced myself to walk away... then I went to the scale in the bathroom and decided to check things out I'd lost 2 more pounds! Thank goodness...

That was what I needed to see to snap me out of it. I didn't eat the Evil chicken, and I came home to have a Protein shake.

The score as it stands now:

Brandi
Chicken Fingers

I hate fighting Chickens! hehehe....:fencing:

Hello all! My surgery was rescheduled for Jan. 5. I was really bummed out, but I need to get my butt back to the gym, re start up my exercise routine so it will be easier to pick up right after surgery, even if its walking. Thanks for all your support and friendship.

I will check in sometimes to see how you all are doing! I will be posting on the January site and the Lower BMI group!!!

God bless! Audree

Hi all..banded 12/7 feel tired and sometime ot of breath. but, it's worth it I'm down 15lbs. yeah!!!! does anyone else have go two more weeks w/o food I mean only having liquids? ?? I am not really hungry but I really miss chewing and tasting something solid. I jusst would love to have a darn scrambled egg.any thoughts?advice?....

Okay,

I feel cracked out. I have cleaned everything I can find to clean. I'm in bed, but I am wide awake - or afraid to sleep. I leave for the hospital in 2 hours. My Dad still isn't here. I don't know when he's coming, but if he's not here by 4:30 I will drive myself to the hospital.

My bag is packed, my house is sparky fresh, and my belly is ready to be banded. soloslim - 15 pounds since surgery? WOOO HOOOOO! I have to do 19 days of liquids after surgery, and then I can graduate to soft foods. I can eat soft mushies on January 3. Between now and then I will plan menus and yummy food stuffs.

Thanks all for the positive vibes. 7:30am (EST) tomorrow think of me! I am SO nervous!!!!!

Going to try and sleep at least an hour.

Love you all!

Nathalie

P.S. Beversman - Way to triumph over that chicken. That's what got me. The eeeeeeeeevil chicken! Keep up the GREAT work! I am really proud of you! :rolleyes:

Nathalie, what you are experiencing is probably normal...don't worry, you can sleep later. Tomorrow at this time, it will all be a happy memory...

Howdy Y'all! I have been lurking and keeping up with each of Y'all. Congrats to everyone who has already had your surgery and hang in there to those who are still waiting! Due to coming down with a severe case of the flu my surgery had to be postponed, but I am seeing my surgeon on Tuesday and hope to get a date for the last week of the month at that time. I am supposed to do 2 weeks of liquids pre-op and have tried to start this week but it ain't easy! I'm not sure if it's because I'm still a little sick/taking flu meds or if I just can't get my act together, but I start off everyday doing good with my Protein Shake but by the end of the day I'm eating something really unhealthy! I did get a shock yesterday- I weighed for the first time in a couple of months and discovered that I had gained almost 15 pounds due to "last supper syndrome!" I am so ashamed of myself! I never imaged that I would be this large and am really hoping that this sugery gives me the tool I need to hopefully lose this weight once and for all! I am going to be self-pay for the surgery and am starting the process to withdraw the money from my 401K this week- so I guess I'm really doing this, huh? I feel bad about using my 401K money, but on the other hand I feel like this is something I really want to do for myself and it's my own money and I should be able to use it to help better myself. But dang, it's a lot of money! My total cost is $14,500 all inclusive with fills being $120 each. Lots of dough! I plan to have the surgery on a Friday and return to work on Monday. A little information about myself- I'm 34 years old, married with a 4 year old daughter. I am a RN and work as a Branch Manager for a home I have always struggled with my weight but have usually been able to keep it in the "slightly chunky" range, but after having 2 back surgeries in the last 2 years (with the last being major surgery of a 2-level fusion with rods and screws inserted) my activity level has decreased dramatically and my weight has steadily climbed. I now weigh 226 pounds and ideally would like to weigh around 155. Good luck to everyone going under the knife today! I'm sorry to write a book- I tend to ramble once I get going! Have a great day everyone and I'll try to be a more active poster!

Welcome MC - its good to have you with us! I saw you are 226 and goal of 155 - how tall are you? I started at 226, I'm almost 5'3" got in at the 40 BMI and I'm thinking I'd like to be around 150 but really will see what happens when I get there. Don't feel guilty about the 401K because if you aren't around to use it what good will it do saving it? This surgery may be prolonging your life. Also sorry to hear you've been sick. Bummer.

Scorpio (aka Charlotte) had her surgery the same day as me and isn't feeling well :grouphug: hugs from all of us Char.

Nat I know you won't read this for a while but :gluck: Love ya girl! And that goes for all of you being banded today.

Sonoslim - I'll be on liquids until after Christmas - the 28th I go to mushies. I'm ok with it, now anyway. I've been eating cream of wheat and oatmeal - cereals seem to satisfy me more then just a Protein shake. I Water them down so they are liquids - its on my list. I am a little concerned with getting enough Protein.

Beversman - hey girl - you keep up the good fight! I'm sooooooo proud of you! You are doing so good! I can't believe you have such will power. You will lose so much and look so wonderful when you get banded.

Hey did ya all watch the biggest loser finale last night? :faint: How about Erik over 200 lbs lost! They all looked so good! Its so encouraging - we are all going to look that good too!

I had the kids over last night for cake - DQ ice cream cake - I was good, it was d-in-laws b-day. I was showing my scars and hubby said I think she's already lost weight - she looks sexy doesn't she - shes gonna be one sexy mama - he had me giggling so bad and it hurt to laugh. He's going to enjoy me losing weight as much as I am.

hi peeps

oh gosh it my turn tomorrow,im trying to get stuff ready but getting nowhere fast.

Ever feel like your moving loads and doing nothing....lol

good luck to those who are banded,getting banded today and those whose is still to come we in this together xx

nikki

Dawne - just wondering how you are feeling? You are a few days ahead of me. I'm feeling alittle achy around the cuts but other then that I feel pretty good. Are you still sore? Do you have your energy back? I'm still tired. Although I woke up this morning thinking I would go in to work for a few minutes today - and then I think... what? get out of my jammies? nah... LOL Hey its not often I get to lay around in my jammies and do nothing all day!

Mystique and Nat!! We love ya girls. We will be here ready for you when you get back. I will be thinking about you.

Nat -- hehe, she's "cracked out":Banane20: WOW :grouphug:

sonoslim -- I'm glad your doing ok, and sure hope you get back to feeling band "normal" :-) real soon.

mcwms -- You're back!! You were a tough one to track down girl. Like Steph said it is worth spending the money now. This going to insure that you are around and healthy enough to enjoy that retirement of yours. Keep us updated!

Steph -- girl, it didn't feel like will power! I felt about as weak as a baby. I seriously dont remeber what we watched on TV becuase I could hear those ghostly chicken Fingers singing a Siren's Song from the refrigerator the whole time I was there.

(chicken fingers singing)

"Brandi..... eat us.... all of us. Boy won't we taste good?

Brandi..... eat us.... all of us. You can dip us in ranch.

(and so on)

Those damn things are like little minature, breaded hypnotists... EVIL I tell you! Evil!

evil evil chicken fingers

pmsl you know its not even the food its them there yummy sauces that we dip everything in !!!

even fingers when food runs out pmsl argggggggggh

thanks for encouragement beversman xx

nikki

Nathalie, I'm right there with you! My surgery is at noon PST... what was I doing awake at 5am? Goodness, I hope the painkillers help me sleep tonight, since I haven't slept well in days!

Good luck to you and to everyone else that gets banded before I'm back on the board!

Annie

Only 4 more days to go!! I can't believe it! I weighed this morning and have lost 10 lbs since my consultation! I have not been doing a liquid diet or anything, but had gastro and strep throat one right after the other, so I think that did the trick. Now if I can just keep it off for the weekend. I'm starving right now, only had a bowl of Cereal and an apple so far today and it's already 3:30pm. I am going out to dinner with some friends so I don't want to eat too much today. I am going to drink a huge glass of Water before i go, I'm working on it now, it's about 4 cups of Water.

It's nice to see that everyone who was banded so far this month are doing so great! congrats to you!!

I'm getting nervous for monday, cleaned the whole house today, babysitters lined up for my girls so my hubby can spend the night with me, it's 3 hrs. away.

Merry Christmas to me! $6700 gift to myself!

Just thought I would check in this morning and see how everyone is. I am 9 days post op today and feeling great. Still a little tired but I think thats more from the lack of calories than the sx. I should get my staples out this afternoon and that is exciting. I cant believe ive lost 19#, wow! I am so excited and hubby mentioned the difference last night, he said he could se it in my tummy. Dont know if u all remember but I did loose 13 on the preop diet but gained it all back (water of course) after the sx so ive actually watched the scale move 19# in 9 days. Also wanted to save some of you from the pain I had last night, my kids made some break and bake Cookies yesterday after school and I was tempted so I had 1/2 of a cookie (like 2 bites) hot out of oven, since im on mushies I figured that was mushy. Anyway, about 10 min. after eating the cookie I had the worst upset tummy for like 2 hours, it was horrible. I am actually glad I felt so terrible afterwords cause I wont be tempted again. Hope some of ou will learn from my mistake. Good luck to all post sx and those having sx today and of course those on the ugly preop diet.